The not-so-ideal org in Stockholm

Markus G.

The not-so-ideal org in Stockholm

Post by Markus G. » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 am

Last weekend, I had a look at the new location for "The Church of Scientology of Stockholm". It's not really in Stockholm city anymore, but in the suburban municipality of Huddinge south-west of Stockholm.

The org is on the fifth floor of an eight-floor office building, originally built for the tele-comm company Ericsson, but now partially empty, since Ericsson didn't need it. On the lower floors there is a smaller shopping mall with a restaurant and clothes and furniture retailers.

To reach the org you have to take the stairs or the elevator. The entrance is locked, and there is an entrance telephone, with a small sign that says "FREEDOM HOUSE [sic!] SCIENTOLOGI, DIANETIK C." There are no signs on the wall yet. The org is almost impossible to find if you don't know it's there.

I found a few pictures of the building on this site:
http://194.146.169.2/lokal_print.php?id=414139

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:23 pm

Does not sound grand or representative of a cult that is expanding! I wonder if people below even know about the cult in the attic?

Markus G.

Post by Markus G. » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:11 am

Yes, this is a major step down for them. Remember that Stockholm org used to be one of the bigger orgs in Europe (outside UK). During the 70s and 80s, the org was located to the central parts of the city. In the 90s, the org had to move two times, and ended up in more peripheral parts of the city. In 2003, the org moved to one of the most peripheral islands of Stockholm, but still within the borders of the town. And now, they have moved out of the city completely, more than ten kilometers from the central town!

Rumours had it that the CoS of Stockholm was going to get a place in the very central parts of the city, and that next move would be the establishment of an Ideal Org. But this factual move is quite the opposite!

catarina

Re: The not-so-ideal org in Stockholm

Post by catarina » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:17 pm

And now, four years after Markus' post, I can confirm that the CoS Stockholm are still huddled away in this not-too-fancy outer suburban commercial/office area. And they still only have a modest sign saying "Freedom house" - proud to be scientologists, right?

I do encounter scientologists occasionally in the south of Sweden where I now live. I have seen stress test/Dianetics-tents in Malmö, Helsingborg and Ängelholm. Notable is that few of those scios speak Swedish. My impression is that some of them are from the Baltic or Eastern Europe.

I'm just saying hi. Not much into Scn-related matters these days...

Return to “Sweden”