London

Carreg

Re: London

Post by Carreg » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:10 am

Gladiator wrote:...I remember Emilio when he was a small child, he was incredibly full of life. I met him very briefly a few years ago after I didn't see him for several years, and whilst it was only for a few seconds, I shall never forget the impression it made on me to see him with lifeless eyes and looking and behaving like an obedient robot, a completely different human being from what I remembered. I might be wrong because it all happened very quickly, it is something I have felt inside more than anything else, but I still cannot forget that moment...
No offence intended, but I think you may be right that it's hard to gauge from a brief moment.. For the last time I saw him he was very full of life and he's at the top of his class, an intelligent young man!

forkboy

Post by forkboy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:17 am

Blue Streak wrote:
I'll have a cycle past the new building later this week, haven't done so in a bit as my route to work has changed. I'll take my camera - finally - and get some pics up too..
Great. Can you post the address for the new building? I looked for it on their website but it wasn't listed. :roll:

Thanks

blue streak
It's on Queen Victoria street, which is off the roundabout on the north end of Blackfriars Bridge. Not 100% on the number but its situated between the church and the Farraday Building, if your are going from the Blackfriars end towards Bank.

I have a day off tomorrow so I'll get some pics done - have to charge my camera batteries tonight..

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:06 pm

Carreg wrote

[quote] No offence intended but I think you are right that it is hard to
judge by a brief moment . . .

No offence taken Carreg, thank you for your post and I hope he is really
doing well.
" CULTS ARE SOUL STEALERS "

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:33 pm

Carreg, just an addition to my previous post as it was done quite in
a hurry and I didn't really finish saying what I wanted to say.

I do sincerely hope that Emilio is really doing as well as you are saying but I remember how many times, when I was in $cientology, I heard this
endless stream of espressions like " top of his class ", " top of the world ", top of this and top of that, constantly implying that it could not be otherwise as the superior tech of $cientology can only produce these results, regardless of how little, if anything, of those claims ever matched the reality and the true facts, so I have learnt through bitter personal experience not to take these claims for granted as I used to do in the past, out of naivety and ignorance, to the great happiness of the many registrars who did take advantage in any way they could get away with.

But I do hope that his spirit has not been broken by all the $cientology mind control he has gone through, and he is still a beautiful and lively person in spite of it.

Carreg

Post by Carreg » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:15 pm

No worries, blue streak.

Well when I saw him he certainly seemed bright. I didn't know he was top of the class for a fact, someone else mentioned it. I understand where you're coming from and maybe I was naive to take the phrase literally, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true because he was spouting some scientific jargon at the time I could not begin to fathom!

I can agree with you where exaggeration is concerned though, regarding scn events and regs.

Do you know the calciolli's from up north or down south?

Carreg

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:01 am

Blue Streak wrote: " Apparently the Tottenham Court Rd was closed
at midday on Saturday. Does anyone have any up to date info on what is going on there ? "

Yes I do.
I have passed by the London org today just to check it out and I am
very sorry to report that the clams are still there selling their snake oil; perhaps they were closed temporarily for some refurbishments work or something else. I have seen a different entrance to the shop ( open plan with no reception desk where it used to be ) but the last time I was there was a couple of years ago so I do not know if this is a recent change or not.
There were two small tables and chairs outside, one of them had a meter
for demos, on both of them there was 1 newbie being sold the snake oil,
another one seemed to be inside in one of the tables on the left of the entrance hall ( unless they were 2 staff members talking ), 2 other staff were outside, one young, sad looking guy, handing out leaflets and another mature guy, looking like the boss, ( felt like OSA ) next to him keeping an eye on the whole show.
All the staff members I have seen were new to me as I didn't recognise any of them.
I couldn't see any other activity other than the one at the front door so
I am not sure if there was anything else going on in the course rooms
or elsewhere.
If anyone with some experience is planning a picket at the London Org
please let me know and I shall be very happy to join the party, I have felt very sad when I saw that there are still people falling for it because they
do not know $cientology.

forkboy

Post by forkboy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:19 am

Well I did a little reconnaissance on Saturday and finally took a picture of the new - and somewhat empty - London Org.

Will post this once my internet connection at home is working again.

Didn't see much happening in the new buidling, but that's always the case.

TCR was empty as well, with barely anybody visible inside..

So much for the fastest-growing religion in the world..

:lol:

forkboy

Post by forkboy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:55 pm

And here it is (finally..)

A picture of the new (and still not opened) London Org Building..

freeway

Post by freeway » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:28 am

Thanks for the picture, forkboy.
Do the guys on the roof have machine guns?
Kind of reminds me of the beginning in Clearwater.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:14 am

Thanks for your efforts Forkboy,

I like the " still not opened " bit, I guess money is still tight in spite
of all the beings " cause over matter, energy, space and time ". :)

When I was at London Org in the early nineties I remember how many
missions and special efforts were put into expanding the present org and
move into a larger and better building and all failing because they always needed more money than they could manage to extort out of people to make it happen.

15 years later they are still there, what a testament to the power of ots.

And even when they will eventually manage to extort enough money
from their members to pay for the new building it will probably be mainly
empty . . . I guess they have more room for ethics and RPF in the new building. . . :wink:

juju

London Org

Post by juju » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:34 pm

I am afraid to say that you guys on this message board are about ten steps behind the Church! London Org has not operating from 68 Tottenham Court Rd for many months. 68 has only been used as a test centre, hence it has been closed on some weekends until dinner time. Since Autumn last year, the main Org has been located at 10 Whitfield St, the 1st street that runs behind 68. 10 Whitfield St is an expansion space which is being used to expand the London Org so they are ready to move into the city when that builidng opens. Of course the building in Queen Victoria St is empty as it is far from renovated, though the whole plans have been drawn up and pretty much finalised and work should have started. So 10 Whitfield is a temporary space. They do have a test line on Tottenham Court Road which is a small alleyway a couple of doors down from Marks & Spencer and which is next to an electrical goods shop and is marked by two large emerald green doors which are sometimes closed depending on which test line the Org chooses to open.

Whitfield st is about four times as big as the previous Org and London Day under Mr Calcioli has built itself up to around 60 staff and has a very busy academy and lots of volunteer auditors. London Foundation has struggled to recruit mainly because, I believe the schedule and the fact that you would also need a day job to support yourself (The day Org focus on Scientology families and wealthy members who can be financially supported without a full time job) though it is a successful Org with the highest stats for it's Div 6 area ever last year. On average they were both selling about 100 copies of Dianetics each a week last year and sold about 1200 copies in one day. London Org is busy and is expanding, though I believe it had reached these heights previously in the early 80's.

Queen Victoria St was to be renovated and opened last September initially though there was a substantial amount of work and fundraising to be done. The public and staff were informed that management had paid for the Org (whereas other Orgs funded their own expansion). Then people were told it was paid for by the IAS, then the staff were informed that the public needed to pay for it through IAS doantions and staff were told they needed to raise 15 million pound from the London Public to pay for the renovations!

So 68 will be renovated, kept as a test centre and Div 6 centre.
Fitzroy St will be renovated and used as a museum and tour centre for upstats.
Queen Victoria St will be the main Org with everything.
Whitfield St will be returned to the owner once the contract is up and I think the contract is up in May so they should be moving in to Queen Victoria St next month.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:52 pm

Thank you very much for the detailed update juju.

I hadn't seen the London org for several years other than for
the brief look I had the chance to give to it, mentioned in one
of my earlier posts.

I am sorry to hear that 60 people are full time slaves under the
guidance of Calcioli who, I am sure, must be trying very hard to add to their numbers, regardless of how many people will be harmed in the process, but I knew that this "unprecedented expansion" was not the
usual work of deception carried out on people who are unaware of what $cientology really is, but was mainly based on cohercing back to slave labour many old timers who had left the church, especially people with money, who are in the lucky position ( not sure how long for the way things are going for their "church" ) of not having to rely on "church" pay to support themselves and their families, otherwise they would need to be OT for real in order to feed themselves.

So, £. 15,000.000 is all the "church" needs for their new building to be completed at other people expenses on top of all the slave labour the
"church" never pays for ?

No problem. I am sure that Mr Calcioli and all the other powerful and wealthy OTs will now remortgage their properties, or sell them, and
give all their money for the cause they believe so much in that they
would ruin with debts anyone ( other than themselves ). :-k

It definitely is not a surprise that "church" management has decided to
pass the bill for this project on to the London public, for a change. :roll:

What an hard and painful decision that must have been ! :lol:

And then, even if "church" management had financed the project, it would
still have been paid with millions extorted out of somebody else, some where else, so not much of an effort there, but the usual $cientology way
to finance things.

Let's see how long it will take to Mr. Calcioli and Co. to squeeze that
money out of many people, keeping them as unaware as possible of what is really going on, by manipulating them into believing that a
" greater good " will occurr as a result of them strangling themselves with debts for the rest of their lives, in exchange for a pin or a T-shirt.

I look forward to the day when these wealthy people will be squeezed by their church down their last penny in order to fund whatever they fail to
fund at other people expenses; this way they will have a taste of their own medicine, and I will not feel one bit sorry for them, as these are
people with lots of ruined lives on their consciences, who like to operate on the basis that they are above the law and unanswerable to anyone and which, instead of being in jail for all the harm they caused to others, are still out there keeping doing it to new people like if nothing had happened.

mickwenlock

Re: London Org

Post by mickwenlock » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:12 pm

juju wrote:I am afraid to say that you guys on this message board are about ten steps behind the Church! London Org has not operating from 68 Tottenham Court Rd for many months. 68 has only been used as a test centre, hence it has been closed on some weekends until dinner time. Since Autumn last year, the main Org has been located at 10 Whitfield St, the 1st street that runs behind 68. 10 Whitfield St is an expansion space which is being used to expand the London Org so they are ready to move into the city when that builidng opens. Of course the building in Queen Victoria St is empty as it is far from renovated, though the whole plans have been drawn up and pretty much finalised and work should have started. So 10 Whitfield is a temporary space. They do have a test line on Tottenham Court Road which is a small alleyway a couple of doors down from Marks & Spencer and which is next to an electrical goods shop and is marked by two large emerald green doors which are sometimes closed depending on which test line the Org chooses to open.

Whitfield st is about four times as big as the previous Org and London Day under Mr Calcioli has built itself up to around 60 staff and has a very busy academy and lots of volunteer auditors. London Foundation has struggled to recruit mainly because, I believe the schedule and the fact that you would also need a day job to support yourself (The day Org focus on Scientology families and wealthy members who can be financially supported without a full time job) though it is a successful Org with the highest stats for it's Div 6 area ever last year. On average they were both selling about 100 copies of Dianetics each a week last year and sold about 1200 copies in one day. London Org is busy and is expanding, though I believe it had reached these heights previously in the early 80's.
60 staff is 'expanding"? ROFLMAO! when I was in the UK 60 staff in London Day would have been a disastrous collapse.

Amazing how the targets shift around is it not?

hartley

Re: London Org

Post by hartley » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:24 am

juju wrote:I am afraid to say that you guys on this message board are about ten steps behind the Church!
So was everyone. If no one tells us, we don't know. If you have any other information, please pass it on.

Oh, I checked. 68 TCR is still 'the Org' according to ASO Los Angeles. Any suggestions otherwise must be local nattering. Until they change, we don't have to do we. :)

http://www.scientology-london.org/
ARSCC Demographics Department
Still looking for 9,950,000 scientologists.
http://news-from-bree.blogspot.com/
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:50 pm

Does anyone know if the new building is supposed to house the London
Celebrity Centre as well ?

Return to “United Kingdom”