Birmingham - Corporation street branch

Cowboy

Birmingham - Corporation street branch

Post by Cowboy » Thu May 11, 2006 2:41 am

has anyone been keeping tabs on this one?...

i only ask cos i havent seen any posts for it...they're getting in college leavers by offering part-time/full time admin posts there...plus there is canvassing activity every single day...

i got e-metered quite a while back...(probably about 3 or 4 years now)...

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy » Thu May 11, 2006 2:46 am

plus, i feel birmingham has a more vulnerable dissaffected community across the ethnic boundaries, especially in the 16-23 age range...but thats me being an over worried brummie...

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu May 11, 2006 7:38 am

Hey Cowboy! There would have been a time even a year or 2 ago where your post would have gotten tons of attention.

Now, thanks in great part to Tom Cruise scientology is a household name across America...and as welcome as a skunk under your porch.

I think the next step for critics is to get cult recruitment and cult front groups banned from high school and college campuses, and make sure no taxpayer dollars are going to bogus programs like narCONon or criminon or "health med" or "ability" tutoring programs, etc.

I get so frustrated and infuriated when I see this same shit exposed over and over but still it goes on and on.

I guess it is up to each of us to expose this cult and fight their every sneaky nasty attempt to steal our childrens souls.

"There is nothing as wild in the
books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth. And it will
happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so
incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is
far, far too late. Its incredibility is its best safeguard, so you
needn't bother to convince anybody who doesn't want to believe it.L.Ron Hubbard in "A History of Man"

hartley

Post by hartley » Thu May 11, 2006 10:40 pm

Cowboy wrote:plus, i feel birmingham has a more vulnerable dissaffected community across the ethnic boundaries, especially in the 16-23 age range...but thats me being an over worried brummie...
Indeed. A local Asian lady who picketed with ARSCC(UK) several times was incensed at the lies her relative was told to persuade him to join.

You want to picket, please do so.
ARSCC Demographics Department
Still looking for 9,950,000 scientologists.
http://news-from-bree.blogspot.com/
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/

Iskalla

Post by Iskalla » Mon May 14, 2007 9:42 pm

I've been in there. I went in as somebody who didn't know anything about Scientology and who was genuinly interested in hearing what they had to say. Of course, I'd done plenty of research beforehand, it was all just curiosity, I wanted to ask things and see how they responded. I was quite surprised that they lived up to how I expected them to be, their way of talking and persuasion.

I felt pretty uneasy after leaving, sounds silly but I was sort of reminding myself that I'll never be a part of Scientology on my journey home.

I was given a video to watch, it was colourful, L Ron Hubbard sounded like a good guy and everybody laughed at any humourous comment he made. It was actually quite creepy.

Upon explaining I didn't have the money to buy a copy of dianetics I took home a bunch of Narconon leaflets I was given, read the evils of painkillers and sent an E mail to register here. I'm pretty late in posting though. Needless to say, Birmingham is better off without that Org being there. I'd be happy to attend any future pickets.

toml

Hi Ladybird - OFF TOPIC

Post by toml » Tue May 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Ladybird - nice to see you"re still around. I've been lurking more, recently (new job with not too much to do), and I'd been looking for your contributions. Good to have you back.

Hope you're OK

Sorry to digress.

All the best

Toml
OCMB is a place to discuss CoS and not fights among critics.
Andreas Heldal-Lund

Return to “United Kingdom”