Previously unkown Ideal Org in Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Sponge

Previously unkown Ideal Org in Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Post by Sponge » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:52 am

I've been watching this with interest, particularly since earlier this year I was rummaging through the Newcastle local government planning dept website and never found anything that supported the cults oft talked about N.E. England expansion from the Sunderland org. However, part of the problem is that they are not using "scientology" in the application so I was never going to find anything limiting my searches to that (doh!).
Anyway, now new information has come to light from a leaked Ideal Org event coming up and new data from the Newcastle Gov planning dept website. (thanks to the clever anon for that). There is an org in Newcastle (actually Gateshead) and it's change of use planning application was granted on 27/09/2007. Also they are having a Sunderland Org get-together event at the pub round the corner from that decrepid building on Saturday Oct 4th 08 (raid being planned).

See Scientology-Exposed forum where they are all over it
http://forums.scientology-exposed.com/5 ... 4-a-455/2/ [edit: see www.forums.whyweprotest.net ]
(this is the link to the 2nd page of the thread where most of the corrected info is, but is is well worth reading the whole thread).
Some excellent detective work there with some nice links n'stuff, especially this one which is my fav: http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/sh ... php?t=6196
It's the building they intend on using for an org and the pics were only taken in July this year!!!. No wonder they kept it secret. What a fucking mess. They've a long way to go. LOL.

As a side note, I think I'll be putting together a thread for UK local gov planning websites to look for other cult related applications nationwide.
In the meantime, if you want to search yourself then go to your local council website, look for the planning section (which will be a seperate site) and look for the key things:
1) Change of use to a place of worship and religious instruction (use class D1).
2) Use of Hodkin And Company (the cult's culty Solicitors) as the agent (but might not always be the case).
3) The actual planning applicant will not usually be "church of scientology" or "narconon" or whatever but will be simply a persons name (usually a scientologist obviously, which might also be verified on Kristi Wachter's truthaboutscientology.com completions database).

[edit: typo]
Last edited by Sponge on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:09 am

Cross post from Scientology-exposed:

FYI, for a nominal fee (£3 I think) you can usually find out who owns a property in England & Wales from the Land Registry online. If it was purchased recently you can also find out how much they paid for it.

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/www/w.../FindAProperty

(Site down as of writing, actually ok when it works but it was done by private contractors working for the Government so...)

I'll check later and post findings.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:01 pm

from the SE forum...

Title Number : TY204781
This title is dealt with by Land Registry, Durham Office.
The following extract contains information taken from the register of the above title number. A full copy of the register accompanies this document and you should read that in order to be sure that these brief details are complete.

Neither this extract nor the full copy is an 'Official Copy' of the register. An
official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same
extent as the original. A person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar
if he suffers loss by reason of a mistake in an official copy.

This extract shows information current on 2 OCT 2008 at 13:00:50 and so does not take account of any application made after that time even if pending in the Land Registry when this extract was issued.
REGISTER EXTRACT
Title Number : TY204781
Address of Property : Windmill Hills Nursing Home, Mulgrave Terrace (NE8
1PQ)
Price Stated : £1,500,000
Registered Owner(s) : RICHARD MARK PICKLES of Windmill Hills Nursing Home,
Mulgrave Terrace, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear NE8 1PQ.
Lender(s) : None

Looks like they haven't acquired it, but are interested in doing so.

----------------

Rest of title register:

A: Property Register
This register describes the land and estate
comprised in the title.
TYNE AND WEAR : GATESHEAD
1 (29.03.1988) The Freehold land shown edged with red on the plan of
the above title filed at the Registry and being Windmill Hills
Nursing Home, Mulgrave Terrace (NE8 1PQ).
2 The mines and minerals are excepted.
3 The Conveyance dated 29 September 1987 referred to in the Charges
Register contains a provision as to light or air.
B: Proprietorship Register
This register specifies the class of title and
identifies the owner. It contains any entries that
affect the right of disposal.
Title absolute
1 (29.03.2007) PROPRIETOR: RICHARD MARK PICKLES of Windmill Hills
Nursing Home, Mulgrave Terrace, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear NE8 1PQ.
2 (29.03.2007) The price stated to have been paid on 2 March 2007
was £1,500,000.
3 (29.03.2007) The Transfer to the proprietor contains a covenant to
observe and perform the covenants referred to in the Charges
Register and of indemnity in respect thereof.
C: Charges Register
This register contains any charges and other matters
that affect the land.
1 A Conveyance of the land tinted pink on the filed plan dated 28
May 1903 made between (1) The School Board of the Borough of
Gateshead (School Board) and (2) The Church Army contains the
following covenants:-
And the said Church Army for themselves and their successors and
assigns hereby covenant with the School Board that the Church Army
their successors and assigns will not at any time hereafter use
the premises hereby assured as an Inn or Alehouse or for the sale
of wine spirits or malt liquors or for the carrying on of any
business or manufacture from which any annoyance or nuisance shall
arise to the neighbourhood or the carrying on of which shall
interfere with the work of teaching in the adjoining schools of
the School Board And further that they will not at any time erect
any chimney on the premises hereby assured of a height above the
level of the existing chimneys of the adjoining schools of the
School Board.
2 A Conveyance of the land in this title and other land dated 6 May
Page 2 of 3
C: Charges Register continued
1938 made between (1) Hubert Errington Galloway and William Edwin
Wardill (Vendors) (2) The National Council of Young Mens Christian
Associations (Incorporated) and (3) The Gateshead Corporation
(Corporation) contains the following covenants:-
THE CORPORATION HEREBY COVENANTS with the Vendors that the
premises hereby conveyed shall not be occupied or used for the
purposes of a Theatre Music Hall or Hotel Tavern or Beer Shop or
for the sale or manufacture of Wine Malt Liquors or Spirituous
Liquors.
3 A Conveyance of the land in this title dated 29 September 1987
made between (1) The Borough Council of Gateshead and (2) Benjamin
Maxwell Houghton contains exceptions reservations and restrictive
covenants
NOTE: Copy filed.
End of register
Page 3

-------------------

additional info from SE forum (unsure of source)

The Scilon Solicitors, Hodkin & Co, showed an interest in purchasing the property on behalf of the church around November 2007. They did not follow through to purchase though.

Gateshead MBC Private Sector Housing Renewal showed an interestAugust but no idea why. Could be looking over a request for a grant or cheap loan for renewal. Their phone number is listed in my post above if anyone is interested in asking them.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:51 am

Sponge wrote: -------------

additional info from SE forum (unsure of source)

The Scilon Solicitors, Hodkin & Co, showed an interest in purchasing the property on behalf of the church around November 2007. They did not follow through to purchase though.

Gateshead MBC Private Sector Housing Renewal showed an interestAugust but no idea why. Could be looking over a request for a grant or cheap loan for renewal. Their phone number is listed in my post above if anyone is interested in asking them.
Source was me, intel is as good as it goes. I can add that Gateshead MBC PSHR is not intertested in purchasing the property, so I guess they must be looking at it from the point of view of providing a grant or loan for renovation. They showed an interest mid August 2008.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:18 am

Someone might want to give the Private Sector Housing Renewal people a ring at Gateshead Council office (0191 4333000) and ask if any grants or loads are given out what kind of completion time tables are added and what penalties are there for failing to meet the requirements.

The scilons have a bad habit of not finishing renovations and, in the interests of putting the loan / grant (tax payers money) to good use you would expect a return. i.e. Private housing available to live in.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 pm

So they don't own it yet but last year they applied and were granted change of use planning permission in case they buy it. At the same time they are getting the Sunderland culties all geed up at a get-together event in the pub next door tomorrow (sat 4th Oct 08 ) for having it as an ideal org.
Is that a correct summary so far?

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Sponge wrote:So they don't own it yet but last year they applied and were granted change of use planning permission in case they buy it. At the same time they are getting the Sunderland culties all geed up at a get-together event in the pub next door tomorrow (sat 4th Oct 08 ) for having it as an ideal org.

Is that a correct summary so far?
I think the current owner is a public scilon. I believe he is trying to fund its renovation in part or entirely through Gateshead MBC (tax payers) at which point ownership will no doubt transfer to the RTC if it is expedient to do that; i.e. laundering rent monies out of the country.

The change of use application was likely done first, on his behalf, because that is the cheapest thing to do in case it fails. The cult presumably decided not to purchase the building coz it is a dump and the current owner may well stand more chance of getting the loan/grant to rennovate it.

Shame I am too far away to go covert; I have all hidden recording gear for 4 hours audio / visual. That meeting could be very interesting, see if they are touting for donations + any plans.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:30 pm

Gotcha now.
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/st ... ckles.html

Earliest recorded completion: 1996 Student Hat

Note his IAS records....
Richard Pickles Sponsors for Total Freedom Impact 98 2001-12-01
Richard Pickles Crusaders Impact 100 2002-06-01
Richard Pickles Founding Patrons Impact 109 2004-09-01
Richard Pickles Members with Honor Status Impact 114 2006-09-01
and from other source (Impact 115, end2006) he's a "Silver Meritorious"
( viewtopic.php?=&p=250909 )

Without me spending ages rummaging around the net, can anyone tell me accurately what amount of donation money equates to above status levels?

edit:
Table of donation levels (unconfirmed)
SPONSOR $ 5,000
CRUSADER $ 10,000
PATRON $ 40,000
PATRON WITH HONORS $ 100,000
PATRON MERITORIOUS $ 250,000
SILVER MERITORIOUS $ 750,000
GOLD MERITORIOUS $ 1,000,000
PLATINUM MERITORIOUS $ ..........?
DIAMOND MERITORIOUS $ ...........?
PATRON LAUREATE $............?
PLATINUM LAUREATE $.............?
DIAMOND LAUREATE $.............?
PATRON EXCALIBUR $..............?

So, from what we know up to the end of 2006, this moron, Richard Pickles, has donated at least $905,000 (assuming it is non cumulative, or $750,000 if it is cumulative).
It could be much more than that by now. It has been reported that he donated to the purchase of the new Birmingham Org.

It's all useful data for enturbulating picket signs, ie reminding the stoopid clam how much cash he's thrown down the toilet.
What the hell does this guy do fo a living? Property speculator or something? Google throws up a company called Richard Pickles Limited as Estate Owners and Property Managers 9 Osborne Gardens, ,
North Shields, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE29 9AT . The cult has fallen on their feet with a bozo like that.

On top of past donations, he paid £1.5million ($2.5-$3million) for that property in Newcastle in March 2007 and so it looks like he's going to donate it to the cult (if he hasn't already). The building is certainly costing him money at the moment by just sitting there and attracting tax. Maybe that's the big meeting to announce his "donation" and perhaps reg others for rennovation costs (in scruffy pub on a saturday afternoon in a shithole of an area where they steal the milk out of your tea). I'll bet the beer is free coz they'll need to be pissed up (see top post for link to raid details).

Update: He's on the new Birmingham Ideal Org Honour Roll sharing an entry with two others as a "Platinum". see here: viewtopic.php?t=29236

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Result of today's protest: viewtopic.php?t=29246

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:33 pm

Gallery of pics from oct.4th 08....
http://engrams.org/gallery/thumbnails.p ... m=1&page=1

Edit: 1st Nov 2010. Rumour of building being sold. See new thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=33144

Return to “United Kingdom”