Scientology = religion BUT Co$ != church campaign

grathuln

Scientology = religion BUT Co$ != church campaign

Post by grathuln » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:22 am

Most may know that Co$ is having a big push in the UK to be recognised as a religion. This could have legal implications for "religious hate crimes" among other things; it is not classed as a religion with respect to said crimes at the moment.

From my point of view, looking at various EU legislation (all of which is very fair IMHO) Scientology should be classed as a religion (belief system). However, the organisation that calls itself The Church of Scientology need not be recognised as a church and therefore the campaigns against it should not invoke any aspect of hate crime law.

If anything The Freezone and independant scientologists rights to practice their beliefs should be supported; which includes free access to the "scriptures" written by LRH and guarded by the ORGANISATION, known as the church of scientology (RTC).

The situation in the UK is in flux and the message that should be gotten out is that the organisation calling itself The Church of Scientology is not a church, although Scientology is a belief system so should be recognised as such. And that the cult should be made to be more open with its teachings in support of the rights of The Freezone and independant scientologists.

This message should go to: local MPs, local council people, senior police chiefs, Government Ministers etc. I can only write so many letters so any letter writing support welcome. Perhaps even a compilation DVD of the Hamburg speeches would be nice to send; they're very good but alas our illustruse leaders probably don't spend much time checking YouTube.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:33 am

I think you'd be better off posting this in Opinions & Debate.
The Org Patrol forum is more about individual reporting of changes/additions/subtractions to cult orgs around the world.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:02 am

Opps, my bad.

grathuln

Post by grathuln » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:23 am

This has been reposted to planning & debate. Admin please lock / delete this thread. thanx.

Return to “United Kingdom”