Australia, Canberra

choochooman

Post by choochooman » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:09 am

Fellow clambakers and others.... slightly off topic, but at the end of this post is a website url showing pictures of the Canberra fires last weekend. Note that although the pictures taken on 18 January are dark, it was 3:00pm at the time!

Access to most of the damaged areas is still restricted, and undoubtedly more pictures and links will be added later. Only four people perished, which is a miracle considering the devastation and the speed and the intensity of the fire.

Mother nature was invited by the planners to be part of the city, but she had to remind us that she is the landlord, and we are just tenants.

Note: Kambah, Waniassa, Tuggeranong are suburbs to the south and were in the path of the fire, but mostly spared(some homes in Kambah were destroyed). Mount Taylor is a nature reserv located between the Woden and Tuggeranong Valleys, and itself hit by the fires. Nugunnawal is to the north (about 10 kms). The Woden markets are held in an area located about a couple of kilometers north from Mount Taylor!

the website is:{http://canberrafires.xsnet.org/}

the venusian traindriver

squirrel

Post by squirrel » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:16 am

Wow!

Thanks for the link, Chooch.

We had some pretty bad fires in the mountains of Colorado last year, and the smoke here in Denver was terrible considering the fires were over 100 miles away.

"Mother nature was invited by the planners to be part of the city, but she had to remind us that she is the landlord, and we are just tenants."

So true.

Take care.

freedom_man

Post by freedom_man » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:56 pm

Hey, Chooch: The link doesn't bring up anything
but a blank page.

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:03 pm

Choochooman,

Spotted any yellowjackets in the ruins yet? If anyone has, I hope we hear about it. Hey, does anyone here know what a 'dag' is? You may have to explain that VT...

choochooman

Post by choochooman » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:43 pm

TTT (Ten Tiger tails...) The link worked..for me..a few moments ago, however, I noticed that they added more pictures etc. to it, - perhaps you might have tried whilst they were uploading the new data.

BG - a "dag" is that collection of excreta that builds up on the wool around a sheeps bum! What you get is several long strands of wool with all these smelly lumps matted into one end. Should you spray gold paint on them, then you would have a medal with wollen ribbon attached suitable for pinning on the spiffiest of SO uniforms. And they would nasaly keep reminding you of lrh too! ;)

The clams will appear after all the danger is over. The evacuation centres have been swamped with volunteers offering help bringing and preparing food, transporting evacuees, looking after pets, etc. with stores and businesses offering free sevices to the victims. Qantas is offering free flights to victims to get either back to their homes or to leave. No sign of JT's plane.... Don't want it here, anyway.

You bet that afterwards the next clam magazine will have pictures of its staff superimposed on images of the front line action, with unverifiable stories of OT's postulating up images of lrh in front of the fire, thus frightening it away.

"I saw the flames approching, and suddenly my bowels went clear....." :)

But I can assure the clams that if they owned a house that has been threatened/destroyed, their neighbours and other strangers would have pitched in without hesitation to help, despite the odium of them being a scientologist. And they would not have asked for payment in return. - Yet scientologist's require payment up front for their "services"....

Note: One of the pictures shows a car standing in four puddles of molten metal - the remains of its alloy wheels!- and some cars have no interior left whatsoever, the fire consumed everything non-metal. All this happend as the fireball passed over in a matter of minutes!

the venusian traindriver

freedom_man

Post by freedom_man » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:49 pm

Oh... DAG!! I can't get the photos to load. :(

Chooch, please be careful. Once again, my best
wishes that the fires are contained and extinguished
as soon as possible...

-TT

choochooman

Post by choochooman » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:07 pm

Multi-Multistriped-megafelines... Perhaps the url is upside down to you, relative to our worldly position? ;)

try {http://www.netspeed.com.au/fpilcher/fires} - these are not as dramatic, but may link in to the other site(s).

Keeping the train "steady as she goes...."

the venusian traindriver

freedom_man

Post by freedom_man » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:18 pm

Got it! Whoa... The other url was swirling down the
drain the other way around and that's what was doing it.
It was equalized reverse vortex suck that was to blame.

Seriously, those fires are HUGE!! I grew up in the
high desert and mountain fires started by lightning
did untold acres of damage all the time, when I was
growing up. It is at once, awful and beautiful and
awe inspiring... Be safe.

choochooman

Post by choochooman » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:20 pm

TT and others... the links may be experiencing traffic problems... the site was created 22 January, and received 9274 hits by 3:00PM that day. As of 9:15AM on the 23 January, it has recorded 22,630 hits....!

Expecting in Canberra over the weekend more extreme weather (39 degrees celsius on Sunday).

Meanwhile, life (and picketing ;) ) goes on...

venusian traindriver

raised11th

Post by raised11th » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:39 pm

Hi, VT. Thanks for the info on the fires...
Always good to have you back tootin' around the "kitchen".
You are one of the posters who usually brighten my day, and for that I thank you!

raised 11th

mate

Post by mate » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:48 am

I notice that there have been no postings since January 2003. Does this mean that there is no longer a Canberra Org?

Regards, your mate.
[url=http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=338][u]David_Graham[/u][/url]
[url=http://www.exseaorg.com][u]Ex-Sea Org[/u][/url]
Ex-Class IX Solo NOTs C/S,
Ex-QEI & D/QEI
Ex-FSO
Ex-SO
Ex-Scientologist
Declared SP.

venusian_traindriver

Post by venusian_traindriver » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:26 am

mate...

most of the posting about clam activity has been in the org patrol area.

The Org in Canberra was in the civic centre area, adjacent to the bus interchange. (notice the past tense :lol: )

It is now merely a dianetics centre, located in Phillip, woden, a semi industrial area full of car repair shops and other services type industries. Defintely nowhere as high profile as the civic area. Their yellow van has also not been seen for some time ...probaly croaked it after a SP put a "XSNOTS" card under the wiper

(This is a credit card size info card that says Xenu Says say NO To Scientology ... and with OC/xenu.net info on the other side ... these cards seem to get left in strange places, like bus shelters, restuarants, magazine racks and other public places :lol: )

Maybe because the co$ is strugggling it has been forced to move to a lower rent area. A lot of the critics from the area have consistently mentioned how downstat the org was. I believe the sea ogres were there once...... And Lara meaney, the OSA rep is still there, as she responded with vitriol to a sp letters to the editor exposing cchr rants as $cientology initiated hate mail.

Their main activity now seems to be pushing CCHR literature at various flea markets around town. They seem to be targeting foreigners or students..... There are a lot of universities in Canberra, and they are obviously hoping to milk funds from asian exchange students who are not achieving academic excellence, as usual promising then how the "yech" can boost IQ etc.

I havent seen the new dianetics centre, but told the only thing new about it is the sign.

Co$ also ran a fund raising concert in July 2005 for a new "org" that was going to be built .... which was strange :roll: , as we could not find any evidence of a development application being lodged for the building :lol:

Clam activity has been very low key .... especially in these cooler months.

If you ever get to see the adverts for the "pancake parlour" .... look for the bit at the end where the male image on the menu places two can like items to his ears..... and guess the connection :wink: .... google search scientology + pancake :wink:

The venusian traindriver and crew...

"$cientology deceives not only others, but also its own members"

mate

Post by mate » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:03 am

Thank you, venusian_traindriver. This is great news. It is obviously only a matter of time, before Scientology Canberra rolls over and dies. Thanks again for this very informative report.

Regards, your mate.
[url=http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=338][u]David_Graham[/u][/url]
[url=http://www.exseaorg.com][u]Ex-Sea Org[/u][/url]
Ex-Class IX Solo NOTs C/S,
Ex-QEI & D/QEI
Ex-FSO
Ex-SO
Ex-Scientologist
Declared SP.

CD_label

Post by CD_label » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:00 pm

If they're targetting foreigners and students, perhaps informing various overseas student organisations, churches catering for foreign congregations etc about scientology would be a good idea.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”