Broken window countdown

Post Person

Broken window countdown

Post by Post Person » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:47 pm

Just for amusement's sake, I'm going to log how long it takes for Vancouver's "church" of scientology to replace their broken front window. Why is it so amusing? Because every other place in downtown Vancouver that gets a window broken replaces it the same day... but so far, Cof$ has had a broken front window for 7 days, that I've noticed, not sure exactly when it happened, could have been up to about 6 days previous to my noticing it.
... and we will remember lrh as a profiteering "Snake Oil Salesman of the 20th Century."

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:58 pm

I hope this doesn't blow the natural progression of your thread but I couldn't resist.

Dealing with a broken window:

In a wog organization

The window gets broken.
Someone tells a staff member.
The staff member tells the boss.
The boss tells the staff member to get it fixed.
The staff member phones a business that deals with broken windows.
The broken window business arrives and fixes the window.
The staff signs the paperwork involved.
The broken window business invoices the establishment.
The wog organization pays the broken window business.

The End

In a scientology organization

The window gets broken.
The staff member writes a knowledge report and puts it with copies in the out basket. (If the staff member goes to tell the executive director or anyone else up the org board he or she will get an ethics chit for ‘bringing a body.’)
Later that day the knowledge report gets taken from the out basket and taken to other in baskets, one of which goes to the Estates Manager’s ethics file.
If the knowledge report is misrouted it gets sent back to the staff member who issued it and a ‘dev-t’ (developed and unnecessary traffic) report goes to the staff member’s ethics file. (Experienced staff, anticipating this, would not write a knowledge report in the first place and protect themselves from this ‘failure’ or ‘omission’ by working on getting their ‘stats’ up.)
Eventually the knowledge report on the broken window would go up the ‘org board’ to the appropriate division executive and from there it would go down the ‘org board’ to the person holding the post responsible for this. However, since repaired broken windows is not a viable ‘stat’ for that post it does not get priority.
The staff member whose post hat has fixing windows in it goes and makes an inspection of the broken window and writes up a report on it.
He or she then phones up three or four window fixing places and gets estimates on fixing the window.
The estimates and report are taken to financial planning where they are submitted for funding. Since the broken window has little to do directly with gross income, it gets low priority and the financial planning committee does not allocate funds to fix it.
Simultaneous to the above, the ethics officer receives a report of the broken window and fixing it gets put on a ‘time machine.’ This puts the staff member responsible for fixing it under the gun. Even though funding was not allocated that is not a valid reason for not getting the window fixed.
The staff member responsible for fixing the window under pressure from the ethics officer and in anxiety over having to do a ‘lower condition;’ again, blows. This leaves a hole in the ‘org board’ without anyone responsible to fix the window. Since the department the staff member was in is now ‘down stat’ from not having the window fixed, HCO refuses to allocate a new recruit to replace the staff member who just blew.
The director of the department and the divisional secretary in desperation hold a fifty-fifty and raise enough money to buy a pane of glass to replace the broken window along with the materials and tools necessary to do the job. They do an all-nighter studying, word clearing, and clay-demoing how to fix the window.
Then they wait until someone is assigned a lower condition by the ethics officer and they grab that person to fix the window under their direction as part of their amends.
However, the glass does not match the other glass in the other windows and the job isn’t up to the professional standards that would be expected by Lafayette Ronald Hubbard.
A knowledge report is written on this and sent uplines with a copy to ethics.
Not The End

Do you see how much more efficient a scientology organization is than a wog organization?
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Snow White

Post by Snow White » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 am

Sometimes things are not fixed for months or YEARS eg. leaking taps in need of new washers, blocked toilets(health hazard), leaking toilets forming puddles in the cubicles that you have to avoid, electrical wiring that potentially is a fire hazard, rotting carpet, faulty door handles....

Post Person

Post by Post Person » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm

Add two more days...
Holy Moly Wieber, then I guess that's all Vanc Cof$ does, cuz they have perennial graffiti problems, too.
... and we will remember lrh as a profiteering "Snake Oil Salesman of the 20th Century."

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Let us know if it gets fixed. Broken windows...not very appealing to the eye. Maybe they are moving from a space cult to a ghetto cult.

ThawedMarcabian

Post by ThawedMarcabian » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:55 pm

Is there a local goverment body interested in this sort of thing?
I know in some US municipalities, the Neighboorhood Code Compliance Officer, or Building Department, or Zoning Enforcement or *somebody* at City Hall will write up a citation and eventually levy a fine.
In other US municipalities, maybe not so much.

oyster

Post by oyster » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:47 am

This kind of reminds me of the Super Org in Clearwater. But I guess OT's are able to use their mind to fix what is wrong.

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Mewhahaaahahahaahhh!! - Thank's for tha laugh Wieber! :D - That scenario is all too likely!

However:

The window gets broken.
The staff member writes a knowledge report

That depends.. If the staffmember is told by a wog or someone who can safely be expected to not write any knowledge reports, the staffmember will acknowledge and then forget completely about it. Won't even show up in a metered sec check.

:onebounce:
[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

Post Person

Post by Post Person » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:46 am

Well, I found the city's by-law on graffiti:
http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/bylaws/79221v1.pdf

but not one on broken windows so far on the 'net except some pieces about how the city should be following New York's example of having broken windows fixed immediately to deter crime.

Snow White

Post by Snow White » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Why don't all the OTs in Vancouver go and stand in front of the window and examine its particles or something and atomically recreate it? lol. Why pay for it?

They are OTs, right! Like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vymCOSRL1U

(disclaimer: I believe that paranormal abilities can exist for some people in the world but I'm just having a bit of fun here)

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:24 pm

+++++++++++++++Sacred Cult Scripture++++++++++++

"Now, he could simply say, "I have action." A magician - the magic
cults of the eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelth centuries of
the Middle East were fascinating. The only modern work that has
anything to do with them is a trifle wild in spots, but it's
fascinating work in itself, and that's work written by Aleister
Crowley, THE LATE ALEISTER CROWLEY, MY VERY GOOD FRIEND. And he did
himself a splendid piece of aesthetics built around those magical
cults. It's very interesting reading to get hold of a copy of a
book, quite rare, but it can be obtained. the Master Therion,
T-h-e-r-i-o-n, The Master Therion by Aleister Crowley. He signs
himself "The Beast"; "The Mark of the Beast, 666." Very, very
something or other."

--- "Conditions of Space/Time/Energy", Philidelphia Doctorate
Course #18. 5 December 1952.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Post Person

Post by Post Person » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:44 am

It's been 15 days and still counting....

This is a large display case window about 6' tall by 3'. The bottom half was boarded up at first, but now the top half has cracked into 4 pieces. The top half looks like it's going to fall apart any minute.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:29 am

Any chance of getting a photograph or two?
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

ThawedMarcabian

Post by ThawedMarcabian » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:06 pm

Kyle is on staff in Vancouver. Maybe someone can contact him through MySpace and ask him to find out if they will ever be fixing that window

Post Person

Post by Post Person » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:39 am

I'm not going to give his site a "hit" so Thawed, is that Qual Kyle (tall, slim about 25) or DirComm Kyle (short, chubby about 16)?

Return to “Canada”