zorro

Re: Croatia mission address

Post by zorro » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:08 am

Don_carlo wrote:Scientology Mission of Zagreb
Blozekova 1
10 000 Zagreb
Croatia
E-mail: dijanet@inet.hr
look like they have a place nearby pula in istria ;there is a problem with narcotic and drug addicts very well spotted on the adriatic coast , I 've seen since the liberation war a lot of drug addicts in city of split but also in zagreb ,former involved in military operations but also civilians , zorro uvijek ovdje i gotovo ,
que la farce soit avec nous
life is a comedy
and david is so close from criminal investigation,isn't????

zorro

Post by zorro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:38 pm

zorro wrote:
Don_carlo wrote:Scientology Mission of Zagreb
Blozekova 1
10 000 Zagreb
Croatia
E-mail: dijanet@inet.hr
look like they have a place nearby pula in istria ;there is a problem with narcotic and drug addicts very well spotted on the adriatic coast , I 've seen since the liberation war a lot of drug addicts in city of split but also in zagreb ,former involved in military operations but also civilians , zorro uvijek ovdje i gotovo ,
que la farce soit avec nous
:lol: :lol:
in the city of pula it seems to be a narconon center
I'll check it out soon
I 'll keep in touch
vidimo se
hajde bog !!
zorro
zip zip zip
life is a comedy

sekh

Post by sekh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Narconon Pula is an offshoot of Narconon Zutphen, the Netherlands. I've translated this from the website of the general director of Narconon Netherlands. Everything in red is my own text, everything in blue is literally translated.

http://scientologist.myhomepage.org/joa ... uccess.htm

This is the original url, the story is in Dutch and the computer-generated translation was totally incomprehensible, so I translated the relevant parts.

This is one of those "Meet a Scientologist"-sites. First we get a shallow introduction of our general director. Very shallow, but at least she doesn't make a secret of her personal religion

My name is Joanna Kluessien and I am general manager of Stichting Narconon Nederland (Narconon Foundation in the Netherlands), a drug rehab center based on certain works of mister L.Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology. Here some reactions of ex-clients of our program:

" I am 36 en was a drug-addict for 18 years. I've been in almost every rehab in the Netherlands.

When my boyfriend died I attempted suicide. Now I have a normal life. I have a new boyfriend, different friends, my own home and a job as a volunteer. Narconon Netherlands has saved me from prostitution, cocaine and alcohol. In short, I lived like no dog has to live.

Addiction can happen to everyone. That's why I started warning people against drugs, through the media and through education-campaigns at schools. I did two radio-interviews, two interviews with newspapers and a TV-program with the Dutch cable-network SBS-6. Thanks to this TV-program there will be a Narconon in Croatia too.

(And thank the lord Xenu for that.... Now we get a grateful local)

I am from Pula, Croatia. In 1992 I lived together with Tanja. We had a little girl, seven months old. In that period I met some of Tanja's friends and we visited them regularly. I was under severe pressure then. During the two years before I'd fought in the war against the Serbs. I'd seen people die, children crying, houses burning down, soldiers murdering people, animals laying on the streets without eyes or legs.....

I love my country and I had to protect it from Serbian attacks. It was my duty. It broke my heart to see what happened to my poor Croatia. I couldn't take it any longer and started to take tranquilizers to keep my head cool.

In 1992 I left the police, and I didn't have another job. My friend used drugs, and I started to use heroin. I was 25 years old and I knew it was wrong. I knew that I would lose control. I told Tanja that it was wrong, that I didn't want it anymore, but she didn't listen to me and she kept bringing heroin home every day. At first it was no problem to buy heroin every day because I still had some money in the bank. I kept telling Tanja and our friends we would get in trouble, we'd become addicted, but they just laughed and said it was easy to stop with a little methadone.

One morning I woke up feeling sick. I felt I was addicted and really needed heroin. That morning there was no money and I had to borrow some from a friend. I was scared of the withdrawal and flatly refused to think about going into rehab. There were no problems when we had money...Tanja was going to town to get some heroin. She'd be home in half an hour. I didn't know who the dealers were, how much to pay for the stuff, where to get a syringe. I didn't know how to get any drugs.

Boy, were you one lousy cop!

We had more time to be at home with our kid or to go out and have fun. But things went the wrong way when we started spending all our money on drugs.I tried to get Tanja to stop using together, but she just laughed and said we could quit whenever we wanted. Just take some methadone and our problem would be solved.

We were both unemployed and without any money, so I had to do something. I found both of us a job and we had plenty of money to use heroin again.

In a war-torn post-communist country a lousy ex-cop finds two jobs that pay enough for two heroin addictions? Wow, the boy is learning. He'll make detective soon. Many of his compatriots came to Western Europe for illegal menial labour because there was no work.

The dream of quitting heroin didn't come true. Should've stayed poor, sucker!We kept using for a year and didn't have enough money But you just said you had.

We started spending money our parents had given us. They gave us money every month for new furniture, clothes, diapers and food for the baby. Why, for Xenu's sake, you both had good jobs?

After several months our parents saw no improvement. The baby was sick a lot, the house was dirty, I've lost weight. They asked what the problem was, but we always had our excuses ready. We couldn't tell them about the drugs. After six months our parents heard that some of our friends looked strange and had bad reputations. One night they decided to confront us. It was no use to hide the truth any longer, and we told them we were heroin-addicts. We showed them our arms that were scarred from shooting up.
Why would you want to show your parents such a shocking sight? Wasn't just telling hurtful enough? They were surprised we had hidden our addiction for two years.

We promised we would detox at home, at her parents' place. We didn't want other people to know about our problem. It was a big mistake, we just kept using heroin daily. I told Tanja we shouldn't stay together, we had a bad influence on each other. I moved to my parents' house. We made arrangements for our daughter to be with Tanja for one week and the other week she would stay with me. That was how I broke up with the mother of my child.Doesn't the kid have a name?

After a couple of months with my parents I realized it wouldn't work this way, so I went to a counseling center in Pula and they advised me to do the detox in the psychiatric ward of the local hospital. Withdrawal was one of the worst things that happened in my life, seven days of horrible pain and cramps.

The worst? What about losing your daughter, friends killed in action, those burning houses and all the other shit that happened in that gruesome war? Wussy!

RIght after Detox I went to Slovenia to live with my biological father. Every now and then I got drunk there. I didn't think about heroin that much and thought my problem was solved. After two months I went back to Pula. I was all alone, my daughter was with my mother and stepfather, I lost all my friends, didn't have a job, I was bored, all alone and had no more reason to live.

Two days later I met a guy who sold heroin. He offered me some, I took it. Within weeks I knew every dealer and addict in Pula. I tried to keep it under control this time. I used heroin once a day and drank a lot of alcohol. Soon it ran out of control again and I thought I would never get rid of my addiction.

Some weeks later I met Vildana. She knew all about my addiction and wanted to help me. I really wanted a committed relationship with her. But the heroin back to me and again I was a disappointment to everyone who cared about me. I went beck to the center to get methadone, but it didn't work.
I sold the methadone to buy heroin.

Four months after I met Vildana, my aunt from Holland came to visit. She told me about some program in Zutphen that gets people off drugs. I didn't want to go, i feared it would take too long. But my mother, stepfather and Vildana all said I had to go. I decided to try it out for one month.

I didn't speak any language but Croatian, so Vildana decided to come along to help me. We came to Narconon in september 1997. I didn't know anything about Narconon. I didn't know what to expect. Most people from my town went to Italy or Spain to quit using drugs. The stories they told were bad and I could see that they weren't truly clean. I was not optimistic when I came to Narconon.

But when I entered Narconon I only saw friendly faces. I could see that everybody was very dedicated towards Narconon and that they were real experts LMHO, experts! In what? LRH?
I started believing there was a solution for my addiction. I saw how the program had the same effect on everybody. It didn't matter how long someone had used drugs, how old someone was In a good program these facts do matter, if only medically or what nationality he had. I was busy all day, made a a lot of real good friends. We were all like brothers and sisters. But what language did you speak to them?

At first I was being helped through detox, quickly and without pain. After that my body was detoxified in the sauna. The next phase of the program learned me to see the wrong choices I made in my life. It taught me to face past failure and future obstacles.
The courses taught me to be happy without heroin, the sessions helped me to see the beauty and the meaning in life and made me reach a higher level of consciousness You can get the thetan out of the wussy, but you'll never get the wussy out of the thetan! I learned how to live with good people, with love, friends, peace in my head, nature, my family, how to enjoy life without heroin.

I could reach all this because all the staff members were totally devoted to helping me. When I was sad, they made me laugh and when I was upset they knew how to calm me down again,in what language?
When I got homesick, the people who were almost brothers and sisters to me gave me warmth. Where's Vildana? The other clients helped me through the program in a great way. I was far away from home, had many personal problems, but only had to look around me to realize that there was no better place on earth than Narconon. Oh, come on! I could name a few... I felt good, I felt safe, I felt as if I entered paradise. He really says that, I swear I didn't make this one up! I can only say the very best about Narconon and want to advise all drug-addicts and alcoholics to go to Narconon because they are THE BEST. (his capitalization) I will always support Narconon and never let them down.

After I'd finished the program I came back to Pula. I decided to live with my parents for a while. I didn't have a job, so I went to the "center against addiction" to see if I could help there. I went there every day. I spoke a lot former addicts who went to Spain or Italy for months, sometimes for years, and kept trying to quit their habit. Some of them did, but there are still a lot of young people who need help. In Pula, and in all of Croatian Istria, drug addiction has become a huge problem.

During the war this problem exploded. The Croatian people never expected this to become such a problem in our country nor did they realize how fast it would expand among the youth. People were not prepared, we had no means to fight this problem. There are some rehab-programs in Croatia now, but not enough to help all the addicts. People still have to go abroad to get clean.
I realized something had to be done. I spoke with counselors at the center, with addicts and with their parents. I told them about Narconon. People were surprised, they'd never heard of a program like that. Parents were used to sending their children to places where they had to work all day and weren't allowed to call their family.

Counselors, addicts and their parents were keenly interested to open a Narconon in Pula. I've told this to the staff-members of Narconon Zutphen and we all work together to open up a Narconon in Croatia. We are working on it, day and night. We've found a good house, and some people willing to work at Narconon. I will persevere, I've fought in a war to save my Croatia, and I will fight again.

Still no sign of Vildana, and what about the daughter?

Apart from that, I just don't buy the story. It sounds fake, details don't add up, too much misery, too little real emotion. Just another milk cow invented to beg for even more donations. There probably is a serious drug problem in Croatia, but NaCONon is not the solution, it just adds a creepy cult to the scene.
It would be a tough choice, Pula psych ward or NarConon. In that case it probably is best to go to Spain or Italy after all. Poor Croatians, I feel sorry for them.

Sekh.
Last edited by sekh on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
Sir Karl Popper (1902 - 1994)

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:35 am

That's an incredible story -- incredible as in "without credibility." Your comments are great, thanks for translating it. I love how he was able to start taking courses and make such deep friendships with people who don't share a common language. Are we honestly supposed to believe that? Maybe he mastered Dutch on the airplane flight? That's probably it.

Hey, Sehk, could you edit your post and use a darker color than that green? I had problems reading it, it's very light and blends in with the background. TIA!
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

sekh

Post by sekh » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Better?

I should ask the guy which method he used. If he could learn Dutch during the flight, I should be able to learn Japanese or something like that during a good night sleep. Sounds great!.
"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 am

Much better, thank you.

Japanese is very easy. Put a Japanese grammar book under your pillow as you sleep. :zzz: The next morning, you should be fluent in Japanese.

Oh I forgot, we're SP's, it won't work on us. :oops: :lol:

More about that story. I really do think it is indeed a story, a made-up (mocked-up?) tale invented by someone with a fantasy of what drug addiction is in a war-torn country. Like you said, what cop doesn't know how to find the drug dealers? Everything is there: the wonderful woman who lures you into the life; the it's wrong / no, it's easy to quit; the "oops" withdrawal; the life slowly got worse / parents gave us cash but spent it on dope; the rehab but it didn't work.

Scientologists do not bother much with their children once they join staff; they love their kids but they get so switched around and decide "for themselves" that Scientology or Narconon, etc., is the MOST. IMPORTANT. THING. That's reflected in that tale. He should have said much more about his daughter, how he couldn't wait to go home and show her a new life with a clean dad, or how he missed her, or anything more than "I had a kid, kid was sick a lot, parents have her now." Where's the regret, where's the "make it up to her"? If he had one fifth as much adoration for her in this tale as he does for Narconon, I might have fallen for it.
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

sekh

Post by sekh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:40 pm

No, no, you're the SP, I'm only a PTS. :wink: But still, it won't work. :cry:

But we do seem to have enough common sense to recognize BSH when we see it.

Love, Sekh.

koki

Post by koki » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Dont worry Zorro,I am on the other part of Croatia.
ne brini Zorro,ja sam na ovu stranu Hrvatske.....
pozdrav iz Bulgraviya.

P.S. still nothing in Croatia.... just one small mission.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi, koki, welcome to the board.

How are things in croatia?
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

zorro

Post by zorro » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:22 pm

koki wrote:Dont worry Zorro,I am on the other part of Croatia.
pozdrav iz Bulgraviya.

SVE U REDU MOJ PRIJATEJL
HVRATSKA MOZDE LISTOPADA ?
MISLIM SVE U REDU
life is a comedy

zorro

Post by zorro » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:28 pm

I still got this interview I had with a guy from the mission in zagreb it is in english
I am going to make short videos
the volunteers were nearby the central train station GLAVNI ZAGREB KOLODVOR
a tv show about them
keep in touch
HVRATSKE NE TREBA SRANJE
it is not very nice croation but well
about them I can say like STIPE my cousin says JEBO TE it is bad word too
life is a comedy

zorro

Post by zorro » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 pm

koki wrote:Dont worry Zorro,I am on the other part of Croatia.
pozdrav iz Bulgraviya.

DRAGO MI JE PRIJATELJ
KAKO STE ?
JESAM U PARIZU
DANAS VRIJEME JE LOS

VIDIMO SE
KONTAKT
PRIVATNA ADRESA
HAJDE BOK!!!!
life is a comedy

koki

Post by koki » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:29 pm

No problem...when you make your plans for coming send me PM ,and we can make some plans...
I am in Osijek.... I remember that ,when they were in Zagreb-I sow it on some TV channel.please put that interview... I was in Split in June,but it was big NOTHING.... not much people.... and if one wants more info from them,you must leave them address and phone number-then after few days they call you,and you have to go in some apartment they have....
they don't even have public space somewhere. and I was there just 2 days-so I couldn't do it....
It is good thing that they don't have many support here... JEBO IH!!!

Big hello from LRHs Bulgraviya.

zorro

Post by zorro » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:09 am

koki wrote:No problem...when you make your plans for coming send me PM ,and we can make some plans...
I am in Osijek.... I remember that ,when they were in Zagreb-I sow it on some TV channel.please put that interview... I was in Split in June,but it was big NOTHING.... not much people.... and if one wants more info from them,you must leave them address and phone number-then after few days they call you,and you have to go in some apartment they have....
they don't even have public space somewhere. and I was there just 2 days-so I couldn't do it....
It is good thing that they don't have many support here... JEBO IH!!!

Big hello from LRHs Bulgraviya.
osijek
SLAVONIJA!!!!
my favourite "glazba" ( folk music) tamburica
I still remember from the nineties ZLATNI DUKATI
and I remember VUKOVAR.....soon the twenty sad anniversary when the city was taken savegely destroyed and patients killed in hospital so many good people died for this city and this war
respect NIKADA ZABORAVITI HEROJE IZ VUKOVARA
one french volunteeer
jean nicolas NICOLIER R. I .P " vitez"
was taken prisonner from the main hospital brought to a terrible place where many people were shot
vidimo se
life is a comedy

Return to “Croatia”