Church of Scientology Mission of Lahti
Saimaankatu 66
15140 Lahti
Finland
Tel: 35-83-782-90-10
Fax: 358-3-734-5071

nancy_wenlock

Post by nancy_wenlock » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:22 am

What happened to the Helsinki Org? When I left Scn it was an org - now there's just a mission there?? Details?
Nancy

tammy

Post by tammy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:23 am

Nancy, I don't know much, but as no one else has answered, I will tell you my 2 cents.

As I recall, Helsinki got off to a rip roaring start in the 80's, and sent several staff to flag for training, where they promptly got ripped off to the sea org.

Karita Keskatalis is one I remember, she left the Sea Org and married a public FSM named Jerry Lewis, they now live in LA. I also recall some huge financial flaps...involving false loans and bank fraud, various FSMs would co-sign loans for each other, same as has happened in other parts of EU, US, etc. A German ex has written an excellent expose on this as part of his doubt formula, leaving COS declaration, I forgot his name but he was awarded IAS Patron Meritorious at some event a few years back. Karl?

I remember the names of a couple of people who got declared over the Finland flaps, one was Kjell Westphal, former Top FSM EU. Another was Anna ? from Stockholm FSC office.

Also perhaps of interest to you is the sad news that Bo Wennberg, formerly of Stockholm, died of Cancer and complications of diabetes at Flag in I believe 2000. He was FSC (Flag Service Consultant) INT. This was a post in Div 6 at FSO, Bo ran all the FSC offices and FSMs internationally, and easily brought in a million per week. He died in his mid 40s.

His wife Barbro, also from Stockholm, was a Flag MAA, but lost it when Bo died. Last I heard she was working in the galley for Flag Crew.

Both were very nice, upstat, dedicated SO.

You and Mick and all of us left standing and free are so incredibly lucky.

I look forward to hearing the rest of your story!

Love, Ladybird

mickwenlock

Post by mickwenlock » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:56 pm

Bo Wennberg died? Damn. Double damn.

Sad news Ladybird.

Helsinki was doing fine the last time I visited it, which would be in 1988. I have never heard of an org being closed - anyone have any data as to when it happened?
[i] "This ain't no upwardly mobile freeway,
This is the road - to hell"[/i]
Chris Rea

janques

Post by janques » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:57 pm

To Mick and others interested in what scientologists are up to in Finland; not very much, since the Ministry of Education denied them official church/religious status in 1998. At present they are stumbling from one disaster to another, as nobody is really interested in what they do.

Return to “Finland”