One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Yet another Kansas City Picket
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:25 pm 

This was the final picket of the summer for us. What with Marlys going off to New Hampshire for a month- there had to be a final blow.
Machwon, Marlysfan and I all went out today. Our fliers were Lisa McPhereson and our hearts were full of entheta. It ran from about 2 to eh, 5. We had no handlers, plenty of Scio onlookers. Just a couple came out to hit the drug store- way avoiding us. Again, the community support was incredible.
The only problem we really had was with this guy. This holy spirit guy who started yelling at the building and saying he was going to destroy it. He went over to kick the church and also yelled things like "MURDER AND KILL!" over and over while pointing at the church. I told him we weren't interested in murdering or killing anyone and could he please be on his way. We passed him off onto each other, but he was still there for lord, half an hour at least. We finally had to tell him to leave. Marlysfan warned the CoS he was making threats about doing some damage.
Mostly, there was support and a few "who cares?" I love this city and that area- police honk for us, truckers, all religious walks. The foot traffic is pretty good too. People are interested and will listen, give their opinion and move along, glad we are there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:40 pm 

Messenger,

The "Three M's (+R) are the real deal! Good on ya'! I hope you enjoyed a lovely day and each other's company before Marlys decamps to New Hampshire.

Seriously, you have brought awareness of the fruity lil' club to a whole community. This is amazing. If I were there, I'd buy you a round of the good stuff, and by good stuff I mean Bud Light and Jaegermeister shots.

That'll put hair on any critic' chest!

I will now celebrate by listening to my new favorite single, "A Thousand Yellow Tents," NOT!

Regards,

Natty

Post subject: Re: Yet another Kansas City Picket
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:58 am 

Messenger wrote:
This was the final picket of the summer for us. What with Marlys going off to New Hampshire for a month- there had to be a final blow.

It may be over for the pickets, but you still need to post some flyers to remind people who are near the "Church" that it is an evil organization. If they set up shop in a mall, you may want to leave some Xenu leaflets on the floor, in the food court, or anywhere where management won;t find them easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:46 am 

oyster wrote:
Quote:
It may be over for the pickets, but you still need to post some flyers to remind people who are near the "Church" that it is an evil organization.

Honey, I've done six pickets since May 16 (my first picket; a solo one, I might add). At this time in my life, I need to be focusing on my writing. Not that I'm permanently giving up active protest; my life is going in a different direction right now, and it feels right. Rest assured, if Scientology is brought up, the poor soul who did so will get an earful. It's the Lydia guarantee!*

*Void guaranteed in Antartica ONLY! :wink:

NattyP wrote:
Quote:
If I were there, I'd buy you a round of the good stuff, and by good stuff I mean Bud Light and Jaegermeister shots.

Ugghh...Jaegermeister. :pukel:

I DO like top shelf tequila, though. Can you put a shot in an envelope and mail it to KC? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:54 am 

I salute you KC picketers. :salut: The OCMB is proud of you, and only wishes that we had more like you. We'll never forget the service you provided in the summer of 2006. You will be remembered as a shining example. Thank-you thank-you thank-you!

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:34 pm 

NattyP wrote:
If I were there, I'd buy you a round of the good stuff, and by good stuff I mean Bud Light and Jaegermeister shots.

Natty

How about some Arrogant Bastard Ale and some Jager and you got youself a deal! :wink: :D

http://jimjesus.com

(∃x∈S:φ(x))→ (∀x∈S:φ(x)) = Scientology logic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:40 pm 

Great job.

Admin is the Cart,
Ethics is the whip,
Guess who the Horses are.