Caged Scientologist boils Angry Gay Pope w/hot coffee

AngryGayPope

Caged Scientologist boils Angry Gay Pope w/hot coffee

Post by AngryGayPope » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:50 pm

"Coffeegate Scandal" begins. What should I file this under, "Comedy", "Activism" or "Sickening Human Rights Violations, Santa Clause"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtb52cwdwas

Clutch1.1

Re: Caged Scientologist boils Angry Gay Pope w/hot coffee

Post by Clutch1.1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Distasteful.

I dislike this "look at me" type thing. It seriously dilutes from the actual protest.

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Clutch1.1 wrote:Distasteful.

I dislike this "look at me" type thing. It seriously dilutes from the actual protest.
QFT

AngryGayPope

Full video of entire Hwd Blvd flash raid now up

Post by AngryGayPope » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAfxxSpxtc

You'll meet two almost sleep walking scientologists, one of which throws coffee on me. Also a guard at the ABLE facility and miscellaneous RPF slaves.

JonDoe

Post by JonDoe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:31 am

Why is your name in every thread you start? Blatant ego faggotry.
DM.
His words are lies.
His tail is fluffy.

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:12 pm

AGP,after what? almost 3 years shooting with a video camera and you still can't frame a shot? I hear out in Hollyweird they have them movie makin schools n stuff. Maybe you qualify for a low income grant to go back to school and get some much needed video journalism skillz.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

JonDoe wrote:Why is your name in every thread you start? Blatant ego faggotry.

Because I discovered when I put my name in the title more people READ IT! Not that you have ever had that problem, John Doe, DOA.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Gumbythetruth wrote:AGP,after what? almost 3 years shooting with a video camera and you still can't frame a shot?
Not if framing the shot distracts the subject into noticing they are being recorded. I think its selfish of you to put your reaction (the viewer's) ahead of the subjects. You want to make better videos let's see you lead by example.

In general I never have trouble framings shots, such as this one I did for WB:

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Not if framing the shot distracts the subject into noticing they are being recorded.
Hmmm. You are a known quantity in Hollyweird within the scieno/critic arena. Known to utilize video as the source/sword for your brand of activism. Proper framing not only adds to the content, it lends credibility to ones efforts. Any video journalist understands this, be they recording in a war zone, @ bar mitzvah's or on the street stalking cult members.
I think its selfish of you to put your reaction (the viewer's) ahead of the subjects.
What you think may or may not be my take on the subject matter @ hand.
You want to make better videos let's see you lead by example.
Thank you. I will take your suggestion under consideration. :roll:
In general I never have trouble framings shots, such as this one I did for WB:
[/quote]

And your point being?

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Ok, I'm not a proponent of in-your-face protesting in general. I definitely have gotten over-excited in the past at protests, and have been making a conscious effort to chill out, because it works better. Here's a great example:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ToryMagoo44 ... 5bylIJkHXI

However, I gotta say, I don't agree with you Gumby on this: "AGP,after what? almost 3 years shooting with a video camera and you still can't frame a shot?"

I know you have been at many protests, Gumby. Surely you know how hard it is to do several things simultaneously. It's not like just setting up a camera and filming willing subjects. You can't capture the same thing when talking to a person, and having a camera pointed in their face. Most journalists who do this type of thing have a cameraperson. It's also incredibly difficult to come up with the perfect thing to say while filming. I think Anonsparrow does a great job of this, as does Tory in the above video. Mark Bunker does a phenomenal job, but he's the Wise Beard Man, and not everyone can do what he does.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 pm

I'mglib wrote:Ok, I'm not a proponent of in-your-face protesting in general. I definitely have gotten over-excited in the past at protests, and have been making a conscious effort to chill out, because it works better. Here's a great example:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ToryMagoo44 ... 5bylIJkHXI

You can't capture the same thing when talking to a person, and having a camera pointed in their face. Most journalists who do this type of thing have a cameraperson.
Sorry, as both a 25 year veteran of the very type of situations you describe, from both war zones to man on the street image acquisition, you do not understand the nuances of how we professionals can and do work on a daily basis.

What separates the true professional from that of say a stalking video paparazzi is this. We professionals deliver a viewable product without the need to devolve into palmcorder stalkers inciting a subject or getting emotionally involved in order to hopefully get a dramatic reaction, Which is AGP.s stock in trade. It does nothing. It is an embarrassment.

Benny's Friend

Post by Benny's Friend » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:12 pm

I thought this was a great example of AGP standing up for his constitutional rights and not being shoo'd away from a site where people's lives and health are being exploited in the name of religion but really out of the evil and gluttonous greed of one little man.

Keep it up, AGP. You are consistently getting better at this. You know how I feel about hatemongering style of protesting. You shine at pushing buttons, and this is a good example of how it can be done without insulting anyone or being vulgar. I liked your video.
The more who speak out, the more who get out.

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Benny's Friend wrote:I thought this was a great example of AGP standing up for his constitutional rights and not being shoo'd away from a site where people's lives and health are being exploited in the name of religion but really out of the evil and gluttonous greed of one little man.

Keep it up, AGP. You are consistently getting better at this. You know how I feel about hatemongering style of protesting. You shine at pushing buttons, and this is a good example of how it can be done without insulting anyone or being vulgar. I liked your video.
How is AGP standing up for these constitutional rights you speak of pray tell?

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 am

Gumby, I don't think any of us profess to be professionals. For instance, some of us make signs, but they're not museum quality art, for sure. Not even Wallmart packaging level art. They're just signs, and videos are just videos, and photos are just photos by us schmoes. I think that some people have valid concerns about AGP and other peoples' style (including my own on occasion) but I don't think it makes sense to focus on how he frames a shot. I think it would make more sense to focus on positive or negative relevant and constructive criticism. Other types of criticism seem more like insults from left field. We're not professional videographers like yourself.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:06 am

No insults whatsoever in my opinion, which is what I am expressing here, an opinion. He is of course entitled to suck at whatever it is he is doing. His efforts though they may be well intentioned fail to come across as anything remotely rational. More along the lines of inciteful and rather creepy.

That is the message I get from viewing his brand of activism over the past 2 plus years. When one puts his or her work up, be it ideological or visual for public viewing, one should expect both positive or negative critique. I choose the latter.

I do have to give him credit where credit is due though. He has taken "Doing it wrong" to a level few have aspired too or will ever attain. An art form bordering on the bizarre.
:shock:

Return to “PICKET REPORTS”