One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Post Game Los Angeles - LRH 100th Birthday Event 19 March 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:05 am 

The Shrine

First, the LAPD was there for the event with a special police detail. I walked to the south side of Jefferson, a public street, running along the side of the USC campus. There were two patrolmen in the middle of a driveway that stopped me. They told me that protesters would not be allowed east of the driveway and that all protesters would have to stay behind yellow tape they planned to stretch across the sidewalk. I told them that I did not agree and that I would be walking up and down the sidewalk without regard to their boundaries. A sergeant came over to talk with me as the patrol men stretched yellow caution tape across the sidewalk. We talked for several minutes and he repeated what the two patrolmen told me. But he eventually made the correct decision to remove the caution tape and allow everyone, including the protesters free access to the sidewalk.

The sergeant cited CoS's concern about event attendees walking on the same sidewalk. But only after the tape was removed did they simply redirect their event attendees to walk down the USC driveway instead of on the sidewalk.

Ken Long, OSA WUS, the event coordinator was obvious expecting rain but none came.

Protesters, the police and a visitor stood near where many event goers waited to cross the street.

A nice open sidewalk for everyone.

OSA handlers were there ...

sometimes right next to protesters.

This guy ...

had his own OSA handler.

This time of year, late in the day, did not present a lot of light for my camera.

Last edited by marklowell on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Los Angeles - LRH 100th Birthday Event 19 March 2011
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:05 pm 

Nice challenge against the cops.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm 

Quote:
First, the LAPD was there for the event with a special police detail. I walked to the south side of Jefferson, a public street, running along the side of the USC campus. There were two patrolmen in the middle of a driveway that stopped me. They told me that protesters would not be allowed east of the driveway and that all protesters would have to stay behind yellow tape they planned to stretch across the sidewalk. I told them that I did not agree and that I would be walking up and down the sidewalk without regard to their boundaries. A sergeant came over to talk with me as the patrol men stretched yellow caution tape across the sidewalk. We talked for several minutes and he repeated what the two patrolmen told me. But he eventually made the correct decision to remove the caution tape and allow everyone, including the protesters free access to the sidewalk.

Reminds me of the "Free Speech Zones" that existed at one of the Republican conventions (the one in NYC, I think) a few years back. 2004?

Good for you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 pm 

skeptic2girl wrote:
Reminds me of the "Free Speech Zones" that existed at one of the Republican conventions (the one in NYC, I think) a few years back. 2004?

Good for you guys!

Yes, well, at the Democratic Convention in Denver, the "Free Speech Zone" was several blocks away from the convention site, wrapped in chain link fencing.

Political stuff should stay out of OCMB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 am 

tamsonsbairn wrote:
I notice from the posters there doesn't seem to be a charge for this event, surely a no no. That ain't no way to fleece your flock. :o
They get the royal fleecing inside. It should be the standard response of every new Scilon attending these events, "I'm sorry. I left my cash and cards at home. Maybe next time."

Post subject: AnonOrange's videos of event
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:38 am 

They used that yellow tape BS a few years ago when Smurf and I protested. I didn't attend this event (sorry LRH, maybe next 100 year birthday!). I was overburduned this week dealing with Kirstie's Organic Liason store video (uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3yJNmVu18) and a court appearance re: the Delphi Academy.

But protesterAnonOrange attended. Here are his videos:

Video one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJJwI1bIgNU

Video two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r8E28lFUG0

Video three:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRgQZlCSNyw

Post subject: What about turnout?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 am 

There was a decent turnout of protesters but how many Cultists showed up? Was the attendance down from their usual Shrine festivities?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:15 am 

Great job, guys.

On WWP the Anti found this blog post:

Quote:
I just got home from attending a Scientology event at the Shrine auditorium in Los Angeles. It seats about 10,000 and there was standing room only. Here is some updated information which is staggering and really speaks to what Scientology is about:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34432

Then there was a bunch of crap about how many idle orgs got opened etc.

The only thing is, the Shrine has 6300 seats, and only 3,000 are on the bottom floor. The rest are in the balcony, which can't really be seen from the bottom floor (maybe the first couple rows). In other words, half the seats could be empty, and people wouldn't know.

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Post subject: Re: Post Game Los Angeles - LRH 100th Birthday Event 19 Marc
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 am 

Interesting chatter about inside the Shrine..

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/ ... ard.78203/

Post subject: Re: Post Game Los Angeles - LRH 100th Birthday Event 19 Marc
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 am 

Watching bleached-out, blurry old films of LRH, that most have already seen, looks boring. They should have added live entertainment, even if it's the flabby old Jive Aces.