Human Rights FAIL Xtra-Special-Jan Eastgate Awareness Night!

skeptic2girl

Human Rights FAIL Xtra-Special-Jan Eastgate Awareness Night!

Post by skeptic2girl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:13 am

some photos from the event are on:
http://chanologysf.ning.com/photo/photo ... usw9vf03jo

Also included are some "demotivational" posters, et al. that I've been printing up and creating into collages for this:

http://api.ning.com/files/dpf4EB1LGS9Bt ... height=160

The original idea was to plant it right next to the much crappier sidewalk sign that the cult puts out by the front door, pimping the Dianetics film and inviting passersby to a free showing.

But we just end up putting the sign next to their side door, where we camp out. :)
"The truth is out there."

skeptic2girl

Re: Human Rights FAIL Xtra-Special-Jan Eastgate Awareness Ni

Post by skeptic2girl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:05 am

happy to say we succeeded in a full-on raid this time, without getting shut down by the police. in fact, we were sort of insulted by their lack of interest in our escapades. Goofy mustered up all necessary chutzpah and energy in anticipation of meeting up with another What-Are-You-New?-Unripe-Angry policeman but this time the cops, whom we assumed received the automatic summons from the SF staff, simply walked into the cult and left shortly thereafter without any drama except - apparently - a rousing, supportive chorus by SF Chanology of, "SFPD! SFPD!" (They Stand Tall!)

My theory is that the cops were called and they asked the staff, Why is you called, exactly? And the staff said The terrorists are out there and they're... and the cops interrupted, "Exercising their right to free speech?" and the Scilons said, no! They're, hold on a sec, I know they're up to 'something'...

only to realize there was no "chalk art," the music was turned off, there was no sidewalk-blockage to speak of (unless you count the invisible but ever-present body thetans), and there was no evidence whatsover of their favorite complaint - that we tend to stand on the street instead of the sidewalk! (Again, why they seem to not want us to get run over is beyond me!)

FAIL.

As it turns out, Jan Eastgate is still looking the other way when it comes to certain activities, as one of our most demonstrative members was making love to the org and no one said boo about it. I unintentionally interrupted, as I mistook the activity for dancing. What can I say? I've just never seen anyone f*** a building before.

some highlights:

*signpost came through with his as-usual very apt, portable, lightweight, highly-readable, durable (no, you CANNOT ask for anything more! :;) signs... including one someone propped up in the windowpane:

http://api.ning.com/files/fMSdstJ6v...r ... height=160

so that:

http://api.ning.com/files/YQW*fkk*A...n ... height=160

But my personal favorite signpost sign is this one:

http://api.ning.com/files/S0m4sIKDA...Z ... height=160

*Civ took a break from his Santa Rosa protesting (though this streak remains unbroken!) to schlep down to SF and join in the fun! The tireless SquirrelBait was actually - understandably! - but anachronistically too tired to come :(

*Moar Xenu represented, roaring in on his cyke

*My fave anons from Santa Cruz were there, too! Though I didn't get a snap of Luna (!) there is one of Tulu holding the signpost, "It's a Beautiful Day!" sign (Bono was right)

*adhocrat brought communal copies of "My Billion-Year Contract," "Abuse at the Top," and "Inside Scientology" that we are passing around in a super-informal SF Chanology book club...

I noticed a gap in the window curtains at some point and simultaneously a Scilon yak yak yaking to someone right in my line of sight. So I pressed up the "Inside Scientology" tome to the window, hoping she would see it. Apparently, she did, because eventually she crossed the way so her back was to me. I couldn't help but think that they're cheap-ass curtains just couldn't close anymore.

Even after she turned around, I was able to prop the book up in case she wanted to jot down the author and title...

*for some reason, they always leave the curtains of the Room-of-Ultimate-Fail open... which seems to be the "office" meant for Jabba the Hub when he comes back to Planet Earth after completing his "studies" on another planet

*moog's tunes... AWESOME as usual

*I got to meet L'il Terror for the first time! She's the cutest! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture... I was still pouting about the batteries being dead on my "main" camera and didn't think until too late that cameras taken with my cell were better than nothing...

*you-don't-eat-this-in-Sea-Org pizza and cupcaeks (aka raep caeks aka-the-sequel anti-raep asterik cakes, since the Jan Eastgate scandal is not about rape but even though the phrase "raep caeks" is pretty phugging offensive, it's somehow better than molestation caeks: hence, the *asterik*)

*headed off another potential der Booben Grabber (Christine Craft's original term for Arnold Schwarznegger) through my OT powers and got the hell out of there before things started to truly get weird

*had 2 Kiwis similarly insist that I take off my mask ("it's creepy" re, GF mask!?) and since I wanted to talk to them I took off that mask underneath which is my emergency back-up sparkle mask which I left on.

Luckily, moog had printed up some awesome handouts. When I began to explain to them about Lisa McPherson and Sea Org, et al I realized I sounded like I was an insane person making stuff up which reminded me of how bad this cult really is.

One question they kept lobbying my way and which we got in Santa Rosa a lot earlier in the day was "Why Scientology?" These two New Zealanders kept pointing out that a lot of bad shit goes down in the world and lots of religions are phugged up, etc. etc. I told them the Cliff's Notes version of my own story, which is Why I Protest, but when people get really almost angry at us for protesting it doesn't really matter what we say.

Later, I think I offended moog by conveying their Do You Know Where We Can Find a Blues Club question to him.

Maybe next time...

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Links not working.

skeptic2girl

Post by skeptic2girl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Sorry about that, and thanks for the head's up, Don Carlo -- here's the same thread on WWP:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/ ... st-1797804

Return to “PICKET REPORTS”