Patision 200
11256 Athens
Greece
Tel: 302-108-640080
Fax: 301-210-8655197

jc47

Re: Greece mission

Post by jc47 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:40 pm

This mission has expanded. The expansion rate was so high and violent that it has explosively grown into a small shop that sells random stuff completely unrelated to scientology. I don't know yet whether they moved to another location, or closed down completely. Everything I see on the net points to that address.

Whatever happened, it must have been a relatively recent event. I've been living in this area for years, and I'm sure the scientology bookstore was still there two-three years ago. It was pretty quiet and empty, except for occasional gatherings of about 10-20 people (I vaguely remember them leaving the store, talking to each other and appearing happy).

The scientology activity in Athens was reduced to this bookstore after the police finished raiding them about 15 years ago. This is what it looked like (pic from a blog about it):
http://www.georgakopoulos.org/wp-conten ... tology.jpg

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 pm

jc47 wrote:This mission has expanded. The expansion rate was so high and violent that it has explosively grown into a small shop that sells random stuff completely unrelated to scientology.

[...]
I actually laughed out loud, then laughed again when I read that bit.

Thanks for the info update, and welcome to the board.

jc47

Post by jc47 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:23 am

Looks like I was too hasty in posting this... this is so embarassing... I somehow managed to look at a different store half a block away and thought it was the correct address :oops:

So the scientologists are still here. Well, in my defense, the correct store is almost impossible to notice even if you are specifically looking for it :lame: I apologize for posting wrong info.

They removed almost all signs of their presence. It's like they don't want to advertise themselves, I passed it many times without realizing it was there. The christmas store owners next to them always take out their colorful merchandise on the sidewalk during the day, which naturally attracts all of your attenton.

I snooped around and took some pictures:

Image fullsize

Image fullsize

An image of Hubbard's books advertisement can be seen (barely) under the big poster
Image fullsize

This is an ad, they are supposedly looking for an employee for the reception (text in the bottom says "for more information speak with Mr. Manos Laskaris on the 2nd floor):
Image fullsize

So the only signs of their existence are the small cross, and the books advertisement...

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:53 am

I don't see the picture of LRH, it must be pretty small. Thanks for the photos and the info, and welcome to the board.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

jc47

Post by jc47 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:59 pm

It's not a picture of LRH himself, it's an ad of four of his books :) Top left is dianetics, the volcano should be vaguely visible. I didn't think of taking a clearer picture of it :)

Return to “Greece”