Scientology hawkers

nexibello

Scientology hawkers

Post by nexibello » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:03 pm

spotted:
recently, evening, during shop-closing-time, center of the City of Berne, two Scientologists standing about / walking around, one with a "hawker's tray" (what a great translation for what you call "Bauchladen" in German, a vendor's tray), written "Stress Test" on the side of the tray. Bright red e-meter on the tray, no other material visible. The Scientologists, two young men, in discussion with a few young girls, one of them holding the soup cans.
I discussed the matter with some friends afterwards who live in or near Berne. They told me that they often get Scientology flyers ("You use only part of your brain" with Einstein picture) in their letter box and some said that Scientologists had visited them at home (or rather tried to).
I didn't know that those "Einstein flyers" are still in use as I haven't seen them for almost ten years (we found out that I might not get them because I have a "no advertisement" sticker at my letter box)

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:22 pm

Tell them it's a myth that we only use ten percent of our brains. The bad news is we're using most of our brain with or without Scientology. The good news is that our brains are powerful enough, given the facts, to see that CoS is a fraud.

nexibello

the ten percent myth

Post by nexibello » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:37 am

thanks for the link to the thread ! There are some good comments and links, such as:

Essay by Chris Owen
http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/ten-percent-myth.htm

and

Scientific American - "Ask the Experts"
http://www.sciam.com/askexpert_question ... 00&catID=3

zorro

Re: Scientology hawkers

Post by zorro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:55 pm

nexibello wrote:spotted:
recently, evening, during shop-closing-time, center of the City of Berne, two Scientologists standing about / walking around, one with a "hawker's tray" (what a great translation for what you call "Bauchladen" in German, a vendor's tray), written "Stress Test" on the side of the tray. Bright red e-meter on the tray, no other material visible. The Scientologists, two young men, in discussion with a few young girls, one of them holding the soup cans.
I discussed the matter with some friends afterwards who live in or near Berne. They told me that they often get Scientology flyers ("You use only part of your brain" with Einstein picture) in their letter box and some said that Scientologists had visited them at home (or rather tried to).
I didn't know that those "Einstein flyers" are still in use as I haven't seen them for almost ten years (we found out that I might not get them because I have a "no advertisement" sticker at my letter box) :roll: poor albert einstein ,they still use it in the south paris org ,rue jules cesar I took away a big pack recently outside of the org ,they seems to give away small amount I usually raid the outside little display they have on the stairs in the front entrance I do furniosh the trashcans in the neighbourhood
:roll:
life is a comedy
and david is so close from criminal investigation,isn't????

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Even if it were true, ten percent of Einstein's brain is still doing and thinking more than a packed house at the cc

Return to “Switzerland”