One opened, more to come!
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Clams calling me and even coming to my house
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:11 am 

In the past few weeks I've been getting calls from the cult. They've been calling from a California number. I obviously don't answer. Let them keep dialing. The effort and energy they spend on me is effort and energy they can't spend elsewhere.

Then about a week ago my fiancée calls me at work to say that someone named Chelsea had left a note on our door saying "Hi Lee, it's Chelsea, call me!" along with her number.

Naturally the woman I'm going to marry was (ahem) curious about who this obviously female person is who was leaving her number on our door as if she knew me.

I had no idea who this person was, but I remembered the cult showing upon my caller ID. This got my clammy-sense tingling and I decided to do some digging.

The number she'd left was based out of Colorado and was registered to Chelsea Benetatos. She's related in some way to Sita Benetatos. This person, according to the power of Google, is a big time repeat victim for the cult, OT XXCVXII or whatever the hell is the current cap on that crap.

I suspect that this poor girl Chelsea is another cult kiddy whose entire family is involved and was basically raised to go be a SeaBorg drone. She was probably here in Phoenix on a mission to try and drag people into the local org, assuming there still is one. I feel sorry for her. To waste one's life as a victim of an evil cult is a fate worse than death.

But even so, why the hell is she bothering with me? I haven't set foot into one of their orgs since the mid 90's, and I certainly don't want to have anything to do with them. Had they paid any attention at all, they'd see me popping up from time to time on sites like this to say how much they suck. Surely their oh so fearsome GO/OSA is keeping track of horrible SP apostates like me. Then again....competence and attention to detail never were their strong suits.

My suspicion is that they've run out of people to scam. In years past they could rely on most people having no idea who they were. When I came across Dianetics in the late 80's I had no idea that it was part of an international scam, brainwashing cult, and organized crime syndicate. Today most people know that the cult is a cult and that it is bad news. They might not know all the details, but they know to steer clear of it, and do. The word Scientology has about as much brand equity as Nambla.

Since the culties are unable to actually attract new people to victimize, they're trying to recycle people they were able to victimize in the past, but who got wise to their nonsense and ditched them.

They must be pretty damned desperate to send some SeaBorger out to my house. I wonder how she would have reacted to the news that I went back to school and got a degree in psychology.

Has anyone else experience anything like this of late?

Here is a list of the numbers they called me from. I'm not going to list this Chelsea person's number because I'm just not that much of an asshole. It seems to be her personal cell number.

Some of these come through as Unknown Name, so I'm not 100% sure they're cult numbers, but they're all from California.

323-533-5295 8/2 (Unknown Name)
323-321-4906 8/1 "Church of Scien"
323-836-1346 7/20 "Church of Scien"
323-707-6792 7/18 (Unknown Name)

Anybody else getting calls from these numbers? Any idea which cult sub-group they're from?

Post subject: Re: Clams calling me and even coming to my house
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:05 pm 

From reverse 411 -- I tried three or four sites.

(323) 533-5295 is a Mobile Phone
California (Los Angeles)
Greater Los Angeles metro area, Los Angeles County
Provider: Cellco Partnership dba Verizon Wireless - CA

(323) 321-4906 is a Landline
California (Los Angeles, Gardena, Carson)

(323) 836-1346 is a Landline
California (Los Angeles)

(323) 707-6792 is a Mobile Phone
California (Montebello, Los Angeles)
Provider: Nextel Communications Inc

To get more information than that there is a fee and I'm not paying it.

http://www.worldcat.org./profiles/Wieber/lists/563909

Post subject: Stats
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:23 pm 

Unfortunately in order to keep their stats up callers are motivated to constantly pester you because it looks good on their reports. Not that these calls ever results in anything positive for the cult.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:10 pm 

Same happened to me even though I l had left the cult long time ago. They have my NYC phone number and the title of the basic course that I took, so they kept calling me for a couple of months (that happened 2 years ago). They do not take NO for an answer, but they backed off when I made threats against DM. I think they put me on an SP list after that.

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:38 pm 

Yes, I have. Apparently they have a project to recover blown Exes no matter their history with them and how long they've been gone. I don't know how they managed this but they called very long time friends of mine who were never Scientologists and asked where I was living and what was my address and called them every week until someone there blew up at them and told them to leave them alone.

The second occurrence was they got a hold of my cell number which wasn't even in my name and called me. Unbelievable. Once they left a message stating they were from Central Files and just wanted to confirm information. Cheyeah, right I'm gonna do that so you can pester me unwonted until my last living breath. Anyways, I can block them and did so. Haven't had repeats since then.

They are and must be desperate to do this crap. It speaks to their dwindling and shrinking members as well as sources of income. They really are sharks and bottom feeders.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:50 pm 

There is most likely a program that has been issued to orgs from on high. By "on high" I mean someone from gold base on David Miscavige's orders. It will have something in there about "rekindling orgs." People who are formerly involved will be looked on as having a "failed purpose" with getting $cientology training and auditing. It will be based on Hubbard's statement along the line of "when you rekindle a failed purpose the stops blow." He goes on to say something like, "this is so powerful it can raise the dead." (Or at least almost raise the dead.)

Most likely the steps on the program will look like this (and in the speak):

Recover $cientologists who have fallen off lines.

117. Bring contact information in all central files records up to date.

118. Contact former staff members and service takers and handle their ARC breaks.

119. Rekindle the the lost publics failed purpose of going up the bridge.

120. Get them into the org.

121. Get them taking their next step.

122. Get them active volunteering for the org, joining staff and acting as FSMs (field staff members).

There will be stuff on the program about how vitally important it is to put it in and how it will boom the orgs and raise morale.

My experience with such programs issued to orgs is that they never get completed and/or never accomplish what they're supposed to accomplish and that new orders, directives and "emergency" situations bury them. But, since "the worst thing you can do is nothing," the people in the orgs will follow the instructions on the program until they get something else more pressing, urgent or promising.

Actually the worst thing you can do is stay involved with $cientology, especially David Miscavige's organization.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 pm 

They can call all they want, I'll never answer.

I'm used to ignoring my phone. I don't answer unless I know who is calling. Strange numbers, anonymous, unknown, etc, all get ignored. I used to have collections people calling ME looking for someone I've never even heard of, so I simply stopped answering. Even now I'll get seasonal flurries of strange numbers calling and I assume they are collections people still looking for someone other than me (my credit is impeccable). Were I more ambitious I'd get my number changed, but that would mean having to give it out to everyone I do want to talk to, which would be an even bigger pain than checking the caller ID, rolling my eyes, and silencing the ringer, which is what I do now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 pm 

There are phones you can get now that allow you to block numbers so they cannot call you. I have some cordless phones made by Panasonic that have this feature. It is not listed on the box or mentioned in the advertizing for the phones. I found it by reading the manual completely. The capacity for numbers that can be blocked (30) is also much smaller than I would like. The phone rings once, the display says, "caller blocked." That's the end of it.

Blocking a number is extremely easy, especially a number that is displayed after a call has been made. It takes about five clicks on the phones buttons to block a displayed call. When you have to enter the number there's a bit more to it.

If you ever have a need or desire to upgrade your phones keep that feature in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:34 am 

Thanks for the tip :)

I've got Uniden cordless phones whose ringer can be silenced with the touch of a button. This doesn't hang up the phone, the person or robo-caller on the other end continues to get a ring tone, but I don't have to listen to it on my end.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 pm 

leereyno wrote:
My suspicion is that they've run out of people to scam.
:thumleft:
BOOYA

Desperation inside the cult is at an all-time high.

My fear is that the desperation is flowing from the top, and Dave the Sociopath is taking it out on his helpless cult-prisoners. Dave will continue to worsen and become more violent than ever. He might go to great lengths to hide it, but he will not be able to control himself or keep his need for violence contained. How far will he go? Who will be his next target? This is of great concern to me.

When the body count grows and the evidence of wrongdoing increases, the public will ask the authorities "you knew about this- why didn't you do something to stop it?".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 am 

I can't be thankful enough that they don't call me anymore. Even the emails are very sparse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 pm 

I started a thread two weeks ago about the very same issue. I left Scientology for good in late 1997 and never returned, nor even gave out a change of address when I moved from Oakland to Atlanta. That stopped the phone calls and mailings till late 2008 to early 2009 when suddenly I received a near-flood of calls, postal mail and emails from Flag. I took steps to correct this via my attorney and heard nothing back from then till two weeks ago. And yes, their desperation is palatable.

When I threatened legal action, I recived no more calls since then. However, I very much agree with Dorothy about the high potential for blood shed or possible Jim Jones style mass suicides, or David Koresh style shoot outs. I know Dorothy did not specifically mention these two events, but they rate high for me in blow back when Miscavige's evil empire deservedly comes crashing down on his head.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 am 

Scn mail and phone calls used to follow me every time I moved. I've been at my new location for about a year and it's all stopped. It's sad to discover that you're no longer loved. My self esteem has really taken a hit on this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:05 am 

Miscavige is a religious zealot, 9th grade dropout, despotic leader of 40,000 worldwide followers, firearms enthusiast and collector, and known to be physically and verbally abusive to subordinates. Of course he would never do anything like Jonestown or Waco.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:07 am 

Miscavige is a religious zealot, 9th grade dropout, despotic leader of 40,000 worldwide followers, firearms enthusiast and collector, and known to be physically and verbally abusive to subordinates. Of course he would never do anything like Jonestown or Waco.