Info on Robert Duggan?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Karin Pouw

Re: Info on Robert Duggan?

Post by Karin Pouw » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:48 am

Tony Ortega wrote:

South Africa heats up

We gave you a glimpse of how bad things are in South Africa since many former longtime members of Scientology there were unceremoniously excommunicated (“declared” in Scientology lingo) over the last year. Now, a terrific report by the Mail & Guardian landed this morning, and it’s embeddable! So give it a read.

We can only hope they’ll follow up this nice backgrounder with the good stuff about a particular billionaire American couple.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/10/31/a-remi ... ies-apart/

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Bob Duggan and Kirstie Alley fundraising for Scientology:
Note the ^young children^ on the bottom right listening to this BS.

Robert "Bob" Duggan writing 2 million (goal?) on the board:

Kelly Preston (standing), Grant and Elena Cardone listening:

Looks like Kelly Preston donated $20,000 if the "Kelly" on this board is her:

compliments of D123 on wwp:
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/i-have ... st-2495492
Last edited by Karin Pouw on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Ugh, Grant Cardone and wife Elena. with hair ornament in the second from bottom photo.
Some are super-dressed up and some look like slobs. Weird vibe - are they worried it's failing all around them?

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:37 am

People appear to have written their names and the amount they are donating on the board. Kirstie $100,000, Kelly $20,000 etc., perhaps Duggan started it out by donating $2 million but didn't write his name.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:24 am

Don Carlo wrote:Ugh, Grant Cardone and wife Elena. with hair ornament in the second from bottom photo.
Some are super-dressed up and some look like slobs. Weird vibe - are they worried it's failing all around them?
In Hubbard's policy letters and possibly elsewhere he instructed people involved in Scientology to dress like the majority
of people dress but to wear slightly better clothing. The problem with people involved in Scientology is that they are so
out of touch with the world outside of Scientology that they can't see what people are wearing in order to follow that
instruction. The rich set that is in these photographs is likely even more isolated and out of touch.

Of course, most non sea org Scientology staff members can't afford to follow that instruction.

By the way, I see six people in that photograph that could well be on the cusp of blowing. I'll predict that at least two
people in that picture will be out of Scientology in a year's time. Someone else will have to keep track of that to
verify it or disprove it because I am not going to watch this thread for that.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Please, anyone who can name any other people on this page's photos, speak up.

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:35 pm

More from D123 on wwp:

http://blog.primelocation.com/2014/01/1 ... -for-sale/
IAS LRH B-Day Event May 13, 2014

Article about the home:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/theres-sti ... te/2201715

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Wow even Grant and Elena (still wearing her hair ornament, on the right) look embarrassed by that lady prancing around in her underwear twirling flame things. I thought the Cardones were immune to embarrassment.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:09 pm

Don Carlo wrote:Wow even Grant and Elena (still wearing her hair ornament, on the right) look embarrassed by that lady prancing around in her underwear twirling flame things. I thought the Cardones were immune to embarrassment.
It's the garter belts on the stockings. Otherwise she's more or less tastefully dressed, though not for a formal dress party, but what hey, she's providing the show that goes with the dinner.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

It looks like grandma-underwear and dumpy-bra showing under the black clothing bits. Did she forget part of her outfit? Anyway, I enjoyed the Cardone's sniffy disapproval, after their embarassing Youtube videos.
Image at http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/17/sunday ... l-edition/

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Don Carlo wrote:Wow even Grant and Elena (still wearing her hair ornament, on the right) look embarrassed by that lady prancing around in her underwear twirling flame things. I thought the Cardones were immune to embarrassment.
To me it looks like Grant is pretending to enjoy the show and Elena is pretending to look disgusted with him for doing so. I don't see any embarrassment, they both look and act like biological robots.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Everyone in the audience looks glum. I wonder if CoS people promised Bob Duggan and the other dressed-up attendees a super-elegant and entertaining evening and, as usual, the main event was wallet-lightening.

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:23 pm

I wonder if Scientology held LRH's birthday party there to get whales to donate money to buy the place. Bob Duggan appeared enthusiastic about starting the donations.

I'm also curious about who some of the faces who look familiar are. So far I only know Duggan, Cardones and Kelly Preston.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks for spotting Kelly Preston. She's wearing a striped sleeveless top, in the photo with the white couch - she is standing behind the undersized flower arrangement. No John Travolta.

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Return to “Opinions & Debate”