Rawl, I'm calling you out

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Antique Hoax

Post by Antique Hoax » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:17 am

rawl wrote: Yes, butwehave11, you got it right, I do try to get to everything but I can be like the "big hitters" here who seem to be online all the time to respond to post after post within minutes of replies.
Then...
butwehave11 wrote: I can't tell whther you're insulting people or not with that post. Are you slyly telling them to get a life? Maybe your subconscious is telling you something, wait, that's a part of the brain, and therefore doesn't exist. But then it must be your reactive mind, looks like you need to go to the RPF.
I'll take this one, the best word to describe Rawl is "coy".
I'm the "heavy hitter". I make baseball analogy's because I was a player.

I've been for the most part available 24/7 from the join date on the left, maybe before. I took off from work for my 77 yo Dad who is hanging in with a brain tumor. [TY, we're ok] However, I should be packing boxes right now for a move.

I saw something funny. Somewhere it was saying when a Sea Org drops this meat body, there is a time lag. It was substantial too. Like 20 years maybe? Surely not 20 days?

But what got me to laugh was I pictured the Master Con dealing with his first batch of Sea Org suffering "burn-out".

"C'mon Commodore, ...give us a break!"

So Hubbard thought about it, cause he didn't want any dayum entheta skuttlebutt going around. So that night in his Captain's Suite, nibbling on his salad and jumbo shrimp waiting for the porterhouse to show up, oogling his little CMO's in their little hot short shorts and halter tops, it came to him, just like all his other crap. A way to further abuse human beings for his own purpose, and make them like it.

So Hubbard issues whatever policy, or however he laid down the law about the "down" time between body's.
So from then on, a Sea Org member knew they had some dayum good vacation time coming...

...just soon as they dropped dead.

butwehave11

Post by butwehave11 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:53 am

Ball of fluff, it wouldn't seem at first that the big soul in a little body was a problem, until you consider why someone would say this. What would the purpose be of telling someone that a child is just a big thetan in a little body, considering that scientologists believe that the thetan is where all thought takes place, and since all thought must take place their, therefore their mind must be as old as the next adult. Now I'm not saying their aren't some very mature children out there, I'm just saying they shouldn't be all treated as if they're adults, they don't have the reasoning capabilities, nor the experiance, to deal with the issues of everyday life.
I fart in your general direction!

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:49 pm

butwehave11 wrote:Ball of fluff, it wouldn't seem at first that the big soul in a little body was a problem, until you consider why someone would say this. What would the purpose be of telling someone that a child is just a big thetan in a little body, considering that scientologists believe that the thetan is where all thought takes place, and since all thought must take place their, therefore their mind must be as old as the next adult. Now I'm not saying their aren't some very mature children out there, I'm just saying they shouldn't be all treated as if they're adults, they don't have the reasoning capabilities, nor the experiance, to deal with the issues of everyday life.
Understood.

But that's why I pointed out other things he said about kids.

rawl

Post by rawl » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Antique Hoax wrote
rawl wrote:

Yes, butwehave11, you got it right, I do try to get to everything but I can be like the "big hitters" here who seem to be online all the time to respond to post after post within minutes of replies.

Then...

butwehave11 wrote:

I can't tell whther you're insulting people or not with that post. Are you slyly telling them to get a life? Maybe your subconscious is telling you something, wait, that's a part of the brain, and therefore doesn't exist. But then it must be your reactive mind, looks like you need to go to the RPF.

I'll take this one, the best word to describe Rawl is "coy".
I'm the "heavy hitter". I make baseball analogy's because I was a player.

I've been for the most part available 24/7 from the join date on the left, maybe before. I took off from work for my 77 yo Dad who is hanging in with a brain tumor. [TY, we're ok] However, I should be packing boxes right now for a move.
I'm not sure "coy" is the best word to describe me, but I'll accept it. You're right about "big hitter", it wasn't meant to be insulting, I was likening the folks who post "a lot" to the star baseballer player with the terrific batting averages - it's not about volume of posts (not the "me too" posters) but the high-volume, high-quality-output folks. Of course my posts are "quality" ;) just I have a walk-on part here up til now and I'm not an A-List or B-List OCMB celebrity. ;)

AH, I'm glad to hear your father is doing better, and I'm touched by the character inherent in your decision to step up to the plate on that. I can bet it isn't easy. Do well.

ladayla

Post by ladayla » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Antique Hoax wrote:
I saw something funny. Somewhere it was saying when a Sea Org drops this meat body, there is a time lag. It was substantial too. Like 20 years maybe? Surely not 20 days?
Here's a little story for you. When I was on the Flagship in 1971 for FEBC training,I was one of the few OT111X's aboard. For that reason, I acted as Examiner for others aboard who were OT111X. Those few included Quentin and Stella King. Stella King was the Ship's Captain. She was more than 50 yrs old, and was heavy, and sort of florid, but I had known her before ( Phoenix or D.C.) and I knew that she was a real person and had a great sense of humor. Anyways, Stella died. lrh was furious that Stella had died without replacing herself and without his permission to leave her post. lrh assigned the deceased Stella the condition of Doubt, and consigned her to 16 years before she could rejoin the group. Howszat for love and compassion?

la

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:06 pm

ladayla,

Woa! That is amazing! Thank you for sharing your experiences. You really help one to sift through the good, the bad and the ugly pieces of Scientology/Co$.

:) lucy

funkmr

Post by funkmr » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:37 pm

*shameless, self-aggrandizing bump*

There is really no great reason for this bump, outside of the fact that a few newcomers will inevitably appreciate it. Alert, Kusanagi's Ghost, I'm looking your way.

My 2 cents.
www.lisamcpherson.org

R.I.P. Lisa, we will never forget you or stop speaking up for you.

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:39 pm

funkmr wrote:*shameless, self-aggrandizing bump*

There is really no great reason for this bump, outside of the fact that a few newcomers will inevitably appreciate it. Alert, Kusanagi's Ghost, I'm looking your way.

My 2 cents.
Yeah funkmr...I hear ya man...I may be new but Im not insulated to the PRETENDER that rawl IS.Apologist for the 'tech'...maybe she's related to miss 'I know everything about everything'(I'm sure you know who I mean)HAHAHAHAA.. :lol:
Where's Terril?..must be writing up the weeks 'wins' and peddling the 'hocus pocus' of THE 'tech'
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:56 pm

Ladalya wrote:

Stella died. lrh was furious that Stella had died without replacing herself and without his permission to leave her post.

:-k Mmmmhhhh, maybe LRH biographer missed this bit ( as well
as quite a few other bits )
:^o

Weren't we told that mankind has no better friend ? :-k [-X

Thank you for your post Ladalya, another great example of how insane
and vicious the guy was. What an advert for $cientology your post is.
" CULTS ARE SOUL STEALERS "

rawl

Post by rawl » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:16 pm

what, specifically, do you feel I am "pretending" about?

friendly nature

Post by friendly nature » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:42 pm

rawl wrote:what, specifically, do you feel I am "pretending" about?
'The Great Pretender' (circa 1956. acknowledgment to 'The Platters')

Oh, yes I'm the great pretender.
Pretending that I'm doing well.
My needs are such, I pretend too much.
I'm lonely, but no one can tell.

Oh yes, I'm the great pretender
adrift in a world of my own
I play the game but to my real shame
you've left me to dream all alone

Too real is this feeling of make believe
too real to feel what my heart can't conceal

rawl

Post by rawl » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:48 pm

friendly nature, is it beyond your comprehension that someone might be engaged in Scientology of their own free will and that, by their own reckoning, it helps them?

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:51 pm

Rawl,

I'd say your pretending you're getting something out of being a $cientologist. You have to have heard it all by now and your still towing the company line. It doesn't make sense.

mb
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

RIPODB

Post by RIPODB » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:51 pm

friendly nature wrote:
rawl wrote:what, specifically, do you feel I am "pretending" about?
'The Great Pretender' (circa 1956. acknowledgment to 'The Platters')

Oh, yes I'm the great pretender.
Pretending that I'm doing well.
My needs are such, I pretend too much.
I'm lonely, but no one can tell.

Oh yes, I'm the great pretender
adrift in a world of my own
I play the game but to my real shame
you've left me to dream all alone

Too real is this feeling of make believe
too real to feel what my heart can't conceal
(In Banyan's voice) That's gold, Jerry, gold!!!
Last edited by RIPODB on Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People with too many arguments should always be approached with suspicion. Dialectic and endless reasoning are usually used as resistance against disagreeable truths" A. M. Meerloo, M.D. "Delusion and Mass-Delusion" (c) 1949

Ltricha1

Post by Ltricha1 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:51 pm

Yes it is.
Maybe if you tell us how exactly $cientology helps you? We will understand.
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=220008#220008]$cientology's real product[/url]
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=16563]Read[/url]
Tech is the Carrot,
Admin is the Cart,
Ethics is the whip,
Guess who the Horses are.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”