One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: marty's re-branding of $cientology
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 am 

When did OCMB become a support group and a referral mechanism for Marty's basturd off-spring cult? He is well aware he can't come to ocmb and recruit for his new and improved basturd organization, $cientology cult light. Apparently he's made some friends here, but he's actually running a program on you. He's good he should be he learned it from source "hubbard" remember, source. Here's some example's of "source" from a woman I highly admire and is helping people recover from the abuses caused by $cientology.

DECLARATION OF HANA (ELTRINGHAM) WHITFIELD

http://princejesse53.blogspot.com/2011/03/part-4.html

Take a good look at what marty is doing, it's know as love bombing. Great site http://freedomofmind.com/. I hope you don't carry on for your sake and especially for the ones seeking help here.
$cientology is not a religion, it's a cult.

Once you were tethered now you are free that was the river this is the Sea.
The Waterboys

Post subject: Re: marty's re-branding of $cientology
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 am 

scout77 wrote:
When did OCMB become a support group and a referral mechanism for Marty's basturd off-spring cult? He is well aware he can't come to ocmb and recruit for his new and improved basturd organization, $cientology cult light. Apparently he's made some friends here, but he's actually running a program on you. He's good he should be he learned it from source "hubbard" remember, source. Here's some example's of "source" from a woman I highly admire and is helping people recover from the abuses caused by $cientology.

DECLARATION OF HANA (ELTRINGHAM) WHITFIELD

http://princejesse53.blogspot.com/2011/03/part-4.html

Take a good look at what marty is doing, it's know as love bombing. Great site http://freedomofmind.com/. I hope you don't carry on for your sake and especially for the ones seeking help here.
$cientology is not a religion, it's a cult.

Emphasis Mine

Fear not, Scoutt77
There are many that are well prepared to apply the war paint and take on another manifestation of hubbard's psycho-political belief system that was intrinsically designed to enslave mankind.

:yeahthat:

Martyr needs more than friends or even sycophants performing metaphorical blow-jobs on him for the hubbard scam (read original source/standard tech) to continue or manifest.
Martyr needs on Oatee.
Not 2, 3 or 10 or even 100, just one.

Oh lordy, the definition of OT and abilities gained has been changed/interpreted differently by Martyr's indie-loony toons to what that filthy dead douche hubbard stated.

I guess Martyr and his fan club will remain stagnant just like other fee$one rubes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 pm 

It seems that some here either think that Marty is truly benign in his motives or think that they can actually handle Marty and keep him from becoming church of scientology 2.0

I personally do not subscribe to this because of his opinion of this and other boards (i.e. WWP & ESMB) about being natter boards. The blinders he puts on in relation to the truth about Hubbard and expects his adherents to do also. And the treatment of others who were out there before him blazing a path to exposing the truth about Hubbard and scientology like John Peeler!

I believe you Scout and Alert and absolutely correct that these people are being taken for a ride and completely handled by Marty & Mike.

Some say we have the same goals as to exposing scientology but that is easily seen as not true and these people know it. Martyology only wants David Miscavige to be exposed & deposed and the con itself to continue intact. Whereas there are many of us here, on WWP and ESMB who want David Miscavige, L Ron Hubbard and the scam he created & perpetuated to be exposed and striped down to the point that the "church" is completely neutered.

Marty and friends can do what they like, it is the freedom the we live with & protect (and I am all for that freedom) but make no mistake when Marty tries to obfuscate & suppress certain truths what his goal really is and that is to continue L Ron Hubbard's dream and it is one that is really deviod of true freedom!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:43 pm 

If one needs an analogy we can look at the likes of Stalin.

Stalin only made an agreement with the allies when Germany broke their's.

Stalin did help the allies but in many ways to his own convenience only. He would not attack Japan until it was just about subjugated already and he wanted a piece of it. He used the Russo-Japanese pact as an excuse to steal 3 B-29s in order to flat out copy them so he had a strategic bomber for another theft. He spied on his allies and stole technology (i.e. the nuclear bomb). He did not help the Polish fight the Germans late in the war even though he was entrenched with the Allies by that time, he purposely waited till the Polish resistance was destroyed and then came in and pushed the Germans out and moved on to Germany.

Once the war was over and one dictator was gone an iron curtain descended over eastern Europe (as both Churchill & Goebbels each separately predicted) and the world dealt with over 40 years of the threat of nuclear war from the U.S.S.R..

I am not saying we need to go after Marty and his gang but we should make no mistake that what little specifically tailored help he gives for the cause is only for his motives and not necessarily in the best interest of those still caught in Hubbard's trap or even of humanity in general and that siding with him too closely will bring disturbing issues of its own once Miscavige is gone.

George Santayana wrote:
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 pm 

George Santayana wrote:
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

:yeahthat:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm 

Quote:
I am not saying we need to go after Marty and his gang but we should make no mistake that what little specifically tailored help he gives for the cause is only for his motives and not necessarily in the best interest of those still caught in Hubbard's trap or even of humanity in general and that siding with him too closely will bring disturbing issues of its own once Miscavige is gone.

That may be the case. I am concerned about his motives, and about the secrecy, and about his lack of laying it all out on the table. (Eg, does his brand of Scientology include disconnection, SP declares, KSW, etc?)

The thing I've noticed is a lot of people believe the tech itself is dangerous, and this comes from people who have studied it and participated in it, so I believe that. Therefore, Marty is perpetuating this dangerous practice.

And he definitely supresses free speech.

But the problem I've been noticing is that people see the name "Marty" and just assume that whatever is being posted is Marty-worship. Sometimes it's obvious people haven't even read the post. I think it's valid to bring information from his blog here. I do it myself, and I am definitely not a Marty worshiper. Invariably someone has to post the same old thing over and over about Marty is this and that. We get it. But it often detracts from the discussion about whatever the issue is.

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:34 pm 

I'mglib wrote:
Quote:

That may be the case. I am concerned about his motives, and about the secrecy, and about his lack of laying it all out on the table. (Eg, does his brand of Scientology include disconnection, SP declares, KSW, etc?)

The thing I've noticed is a lot of people believe the tech itself is dangerous, and this comes from people who have studied it and participated in it, so I believe that. Therefore, Marty is perpetuating this dangerous practice.

And he definitely supresses free speech.

But the problem I've been noticing is that people see the name "Marty" and just assume that whatever is being posted is Marty-worship. Sometimes it's obvious people haven't even read the post. I think it's valid to bring information from his blog here. I do it myself, and I am definitely not a Marty worshiper. Invariably someone has to post the same old thing over and over about Marty is this and that. Yes. We get it. But it often detracts from the discussion about whatever the issue is.

I'm Glib,

Marty believes that his group is applying standard scientology and he believes DM is the squirrel. So then Marty would believe that Hubbard is source. Anything Hubbard wrote is gospel. "if it's written, it's true" Written by hubbard. That would include all practices and polices that Hubbard has ever written. Marty does not believe that Hubbard supported abuses in the organization, only that DM has.

Yes, indeed as you say Marty is perpetuating the dangerous practice of scientology. All of scientology, this includes doing whatever he can to have scientology accepted everywhere even here in OCMB.

You say you have a problem that people see the name "Marty" and just assume that whatever is being posted is Marty-worship. Well, I personally have noticed with some posters (and this includes some ex's) are starting to sound as if maybe Marty isn't so bad. What got them to change their minds? I'm afraid that one day I will log onto OCMB and find a new section entitled "Standard Scientology outside the COS" kind of like what Terril had going here for quite sometime.

Does that make me a hater? Yes, I hate scientology and I hate anyone who tries to trap another.

Marty sees OCMB full of "SP's" (me) and "wogs" (you). He doesn't care to handle the "SP's" but he knows he can handle the "wogs".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:39 pm 

I'mglib wrote:
(Eg, does his brand of Scientology include disconnection, SP declares, KSW, etc?).

First of all we know that he does want to follow scientology as Hubbard intended which would include all of those and his ease of banning those who do not tow the line and erasing their comments on his board would seem to suggest that disconnection, SP declares, KSW, etc. are not far from his mind!

I'mglib wrote:
But the problem I've been noticing is that people see the name "Marty" and just assume that whatever is being posted is Marty-worship.

The problem is that to stay on his board seems to require Marty worship of a sort, to say only what will please him and keep quiet about what will upset him which if that isn't sycophantic I don't know what is!!!

I'mglib wrote:
I think it's valid to bring information from his blog here. I do it myself, and I am definitely not a Marty worshiper.

I also believe it is valid to bring information from his blog here and I have no problem with people doing that as it is informative in many ways (including helping to show what Marty really represents).

I'mglib wrote:
Invariably someone has to post the same old thing over and over about Marty is this and that. Yes. We get it. But it often detracts from the discussion about whatever the issue is.

Actually I don't think it detracts from whatever the issue is, it is a reminder and so it sets the tone for who we are dealing with so that those who didn't read it before from another post will see it that time. I never want to leave out first time viewer from what is really behind Marty's actions!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:54 pm 

I'mglib wrote:
I think it's valid to bring information from his blog here.

It's a quibble, but the last bit of 'information' from Marty's blog wasn't really information at all.

"David Miscavige apologizes to the Simon Wiesenthal Center".

David Miscavige? Well, possibly. But no evidence besides the word of two reality-dodgers who have an interest in lying on this matter. (Not so long ago Marty attributed an awkward comment by TheEvilOfScientology to Miscavige, so he's not exactly reliable.)

Apologizes to the Simon Wiesenthal Center? Says who? It's just a stupid blog entry on a stupid OSA smear-Marty blog.

Net result? Time wasted on deciphering Marty's shit and slagging him off.

Information -- the conveying of truths for the purpose of informing people -- isn't really Marty's thing. If he does ever say something that's true, he does it for a reason and the reason's not a good one. But yes, stuff does appear on his blog that's worth seeing/knowing about. (E.g. the video of the LRH birthday bash.)

“These guys are crazy. And all of this shit is straight out of the L. Ron Hubbard playbook. That’s their scriptures. They say they’re not a turn-the-other-cheek religion. No. They’re a knock-you-down-and-kick-you-in-the-balls religion.” Jason Beghe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 pm 

daisy wrote:
I'm Glib,

Marty believes that his group is applying standard scientology and he believes DM is the squirrel. So then Marty would believe that Hubbard is source. Anything Hubbard wrote is gospel. "if it's written, it's true" Written by hubbard. That would include all practices and polices that Hubbard has ever written. Marty does not believe that Hubbard supported abuses in the organization, only that DM has.

Yes, indeed as you say Marty is perpetuating the dangerous practice of scientology. All of scientology, this includes doing whatever he can to have scientology accepted everywhere even here in OCMB.

You say you have a problem that people see the name "Marty" and just assume that whatever is being posted is Marty-worship. Well, I personally have noticed with some posters (and this includes some ex's) are starting to sound as if maybe Marty isn't so bad. What got them to change their minds? I'm afraid that one day I will log onto OCMB and find a new section entitled "Standard Scientology outside the COS" kind of like what Terril had going here for quite sometime. Does that make me a hater? Yes, I hate scientology and I hate anyone who tries to trap another. Marty sees OCMB full of "SP's" (me) and "wogs" (you). He doesn't care to handle the "SP's" but he knows he can handle the "wogs".
Well said, Daisy. The fundamental problem with some of the critics here who have never been in Scientology is superficial.. they respond to what they've read & heard. One of them told me that she friended Mike Rinder on Facebook and that he helped her with an issue. She had no problem with him. She had absolutely no clue to the brevity & extent Mike Rinder enthusiastically & aggressively sought to harm & ruin people's reputations - male or female - didn't matter when he was running OSA.

It's like someone being a member of a gang involved in all kinds of criminality & leaving a multitide of victims in their wake, the member leaves the gang, so we should just throw up our hands, welcome the guy in & pretend his past crimes mean nothing. That, in essence, is what's happening here and it is sickening, if not sociopathic. And now the gang member has learned the benefits of social networking and these critics all want to line up & be his Facebook friend. I doubt that the victims that were personally hurt & harmed at M & M's hand would find this enlightening. What kind of message is this sending to them & future victims of the cult?

M & M left the corporate cult. They have not abandoned Scientology, and they learned that handling & manipulating people is just as easy in the cult, as it is outside it, and that it happening now. And some critics are clueless to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 pm 

I don't believe that anyone need worry about the Marty Show. My reasoning is that he cannot achieve the critical mass of exes, assemble the number of auditors, case supervisors, etc., to make his effort much more than a one man show. He MUST have a staff, because he can't do everything himself if he is to expand. If his effort does expand, his costs will expand exponentially for legal help in a real fight with Davie. His first expansion will likely be equivalent to the CM org, and a mini-SO, but he will have to pay a living wage and all of the ancillary costs like health insurance, etc. This is a huge wall to jump.

He might have a nice "practice", but he cannot do the sort of expansion needed to be anything more than a small pain in the ass for Davie. He certainly will not live long enough to do so.

Edited Addendum: Martyology has no religious shield. His Scientology auditing might be regarded as applied psychology, etc, for which he will have to be licensed, insured, and bonded. He has no credentials for licensing. He is already potentially screwed to the wall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm 

Quote:
You say you have a problem that people see the name "Marty" and just assume that whatever is being posted is Marty-worship. Well, I personally have noticed with some posters (and this includes some ex's) are starting to sound as if maybe Marty isn't so bad. What got them to change their minds? I'm afraid that one day I will log onto OCMB and find a new section entitled "Standard Scientology outside the COS" kind of like what Terril had going here for quite sometime.

Fair enough.

Quote:
It's like someone being a member of a gang involved in all kinds of criminality & leaving a multitide of victims in their wake, the member leaves the gang, so we should just throw up our hands, welcome the guy in & pretend his past crimes mean nothing.

Good analogy.

My only point is, occasionally some good info comes from Marty's board (eg. the letter from Bert Fields, the document from John Brusseau about TC's limo, the LRH birthday video) and I don't want people to be hesitant about bringing it here. Some people have been unfairly called apologists.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:16 pm 

Smurf wrote:
Well said, Daisy. The fundamental problem with some of the critics here who have never been in Scientology is superficial.. they respond to what they've read & heard. One of them told me that she friended Mike Rinder on Facebook and that he helped her with an issue. She had no problem with him. She had absolutely no clue to the brevity & extent Mike Rinder enthusiastically & aggressively sought to harm & ruin people's reputations - male or female - didn't matter when he was running OSA.

It's like someone being a member of a gang involved in all kinds of criminality & leaving a multitide of victims in their wake, the member leaves the gang, so we should just throw up our hands, welcome the guy in & pretend his past crimes mean nothing. That, in essence, is what's happening here and it is sickening, if not sociopathic. And now the gang member has learned the benefits of social networking and these critics all want to line up & be his Facebook friend. I doubt that the victims that were personally hurt & harmed at M & M's hand would find this enlightening. What kind of message is this sending to them & future victims of the cult?

M & M left the corporate cult. They have not abandoned Scientology, and they learned that handling & manipulating people is just as easy in the cult, as it is outside it, and that it happening now. And some critics are clueless to it.

Ok, Smurf, you called me out. So here I am. First, I want to request that you stop speaking for other people as if you are the authority on their lives, feelings, and opinions. You are not. You are only the authority of your own life, feelings, and opinions. I have yet to see you get it right when attempting to portray the lives, feelings, or opinions of others. A perfect example is the nonsense you just wrote about me.

I never said I had no problem with Mike Rinder. Conversely, I have said repeatedly and have written at least twice on this board that I am a bit terrified of Mike Rinder. I am terrified of anyone capable of doing the things Mike Rinder was willing to do in his position within the Scientology organization. I can guarantee you that if Mike Rinder was still the head of OSA today, I would not be as vocal or as public an activist as I now am. I friended Mike Rinder on Facebook to open a line of communication with him at a time when I had some questions that he is the planets’ leading authority at answering. He was very cordial and generous with his response. I appreciated that. I saw no reason to unfriend him afterward.

I absolutely positively LOVE that Mike Rinder, the former head of one of the most mean-spirited and life-destroying entities on earth, now posts silly stuff about the weather on an internet social network. It appears to me that he has made some progress in breaking the mental enslavement the church had over him that made him willing to do the terrible things he did to people before leaving. And as I have said a hundred times on this board, I am all about the people. It makes me sick, truly, truly sick, what the “tech” does to people – it is mental programming, period. Exposure to the tech alters ones mental hardwiring to the point where they will eventually believe and do pretty much anything that is fed to them. I think Mike Rinder has broken out of the grid and he is making progress toward marching to his own tune. And that’s fantastic. I wish that for every human being on this planet who has been subjected to dangerous cult-driven mental programming.

Yes, I believe Scientology is a cult. But then, so is the Girl Scouts. Scientology is a dangerous cult. The Girl Scouts is not.

Am I a Marty-lover? Oh. Hell. No. Marty Rathbun has an agenda, and I don’t think it is necessarily to help people. I think it is to control people. I think Marty is eyes-wide-open to the mental power over persons the tech induces -- just like his mentors Hubbard and Miscavige knew. I don’t know if Marty wants to “take over the church” or not, but it is more than apparent to me that he wants to be the guy in control of the tech – because that’s what gives him power over people. And I think what Scout77 has been trying to warn us about lately is the subtlety in which that power can take effect. It is frightening and real.

Now, Smurf, about this: “It's like someone being a member of a gang involved in all kinds of criminality & leaving a multitide of victims in their wake, the member leaves the gang, so we should just throw up our hands, welcome the guy in & pretend his past crimes mean nothing. That, in essence, is what's happening here and it is sickening, if not sociopathic.” I’ve been wanting to say this to you for a very long time. You are this gang member - except that when you first showed up on the protest scene, no one wanted to have anything to do with you. No one trusted you. You had flip flopped sides so many times that most people assumed you were too risky to go near.

And here’s what's interesting about you calling me a sociopath. I was the main reason why you were eventually accepted into the critic circles. I vouched for you to those people who were afraid to go near you. I said, so what if he’s OSA. He’s a nice guy at heart and he is trying to recover from a mountain of mental and emotional abuse. Let’s give him a chance. And to a person, you were received. In some cases with a great deal of kindness and support. And now it is so interesting to me that you come on this board and insult and make up stupid shit about the very people who threw up their hands and welcomed you in despite all the awful things you’ve done in your life.

Of course you are welcome to your opinions (as you are so want to remind us), and you are welcome to call me clueless. But Garry, in my opinion you are the clueless one. You are the one still stuck in the dangerous cult programming that has you churning out this kind of stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:30 pm 

I remember years and years ago when I was following scientology in the news, that when a spokesman was out representing scientology, it was Mike Rinder. So to me, other than the celebs, he was the face of the cult.

His tone and bizarre ad homs towards critics automatically branded him to me as a dick and someone not to be trusted.
I never really heard of Marty Rathbun until he "came out" though...but he could not have been in the position he was without also being a person to be avoided. And people talking about him and his own rare admissions back this up.

The idea of friending either one of them on Facebook makes no sense to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:12 pm 

Quote:
I vouched for you to those people who were afraid to go near you. I said, so what if he’s OSA. He’s a nice guy at heart and he is trying to recover from a mountain of mental and emotional abuse. Let’s give him a chance.

Yup. This is true.