LRH's daughter with Sara Northrup, Alexis

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Smurf

LRH's daughter with Sara Northrup, Alexis

Post by Smurf » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 am

Just started reading Lawrence Wright's book & how atrociously LRH physically & emotionally abused his wife, Sara & daughter, Alexis, including kidnapping her as a child & taking her to Cuba to avoid U.S. authorities. LRH often kicked Sara in the stomach in her latter months of pregnancy to cause her to miscarriage. After Alexis was born, LRH often threatened to murder Alexis to control Sara & prevent her from divorcing him.

Sara managed to flee LRH with Alexis in her arms & divorce LRH. Alexis later changed her last name to that of her stepfather, Miles Hollister.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=97438536

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=97438112 (Sara Elizabeth Bruce "Betty" Northrup Hollister)

Alexis' life turned out for the better & now has kids & a grandson, Sydney.

I'mglib

Re: LRH's daughter with Sara Northrup, Alexis

Post by I'mglib » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 am

I would imagine Sara is dead? I wonder if Alexis will ever talk.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

cakemaker

Post by cakemaker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 am

Wow!
Good job Smurf!

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 am

cakemaker wrote:Wow!
Good job Smurf!
Yeah, I concur.
Love him or hate him, he's no slouch.

Keep at it Gazza. Youre doin it right!
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

peter

Post by peter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 pm

A simple explanation with few explanation grounds is to prefer, except when you need to hide your flaws! - Peter Soderqvist

peter

Post by peter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 pm

This photo is from Alexis daughter’s Cara Morse’s Facebook with her daughter Sydney!

http://www.facebook.com/cara.morse.37
A simple explanation with few explanation grounds is to prefer, except when you need to hide your flaws! - Peter Soderqvist

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 am

I'mglib wrote:I would imagine Sara is dead? I wonder if Alexis will ever talk.
"In June 1986, following Hubbard's death, the Church of Scientology and Alexis agreed to a financial settlement under which she was compelled not to write or speak on the subject of L. Ron Hubbard and her relationship to him. An attempt was made to have her sign an affidavit stating that she was in fact the daughter of L. Ron Hubbard's first son, L. Ron Hubbard, Jr."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Northrup_Hollister.

Sara died in 1997.

dirty hippie

Post by dirty hippie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 am

Smurf wrote:Just started reading Lawrence Wright's book & how atrociously LRH physically & emotionally abused his wife, Sara & daughter, Alexis, including kidnapping her as a child & taking her to Cuba to avoid U.S. authorities. LRH often kicked Sara in the stomach in her latter months of pregnancy to cause her to miscarriage. After Alexis was born, LRH often threatened to murder Alexis to control Sara & prevent her from divorcing him.
It appears Hubbard was definitely not interested in Sara having good prenatal care and a silent birth.
Hubbard was flawed, and his flaw was that he was evil.
Hubbard set up a system by which people could be enslaved, abused and ruined, for decades to come. The system was so good that even an uneducated midget could make it work wonderfully.

So glad Alexis and her kid seem to be healthy and happy despite the intentions of L. Ron Hubbard.

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 am

Just knowing that Alexis had a family and they are doing well and are testifying to what an evil piece of shit L. Ron Hubbard was, is making me so incredibly happy right now.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

i-Betty

Post by i-Betty » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 am

The photograph of Cara with her child is lovely :)

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:03 pm

From Tony Ortega:

"While we were at the magazine’s website, we checked to see if there was anything new on the special page where Scientology collects its attacks on Alex Gibney and the people in his film Going Clear. It turns out there was yet another new video calling Gibney names and accusing his film of ignoring Scientology’s glorious expansion and good works. But we’re glad we forced ourselves to sit through the whole thing, because in the second half, the new video goes after someone Scientology normally pretends doesn’t exist.

And that’s L. Ron Hubbard’s second wife, Sara Northrup.

If you’ve seen Going Clear, you know that Sara plays a big part in it. Lawrence Wright got access to diaries of Northrup that have never been made public before, and her descriptions of what it was like to be Hubbard’s wife are used to devastating effect in the film. She married Hubbard in 1946 when he was still married to his first wife, Polly. Besides his bigamy, Hubbard’s history in these years is especially crucial because Sara was with him as he wrote and published Dianetics in 1950 — just weeks after their child Alexis was born — and then was with him as Hubbard enjoyed enormous success followed by dramatic failure. Their marriage eventually became a nightmare of allegations and abductions, with Hubbard absconding with Alexis at one point to Cuba. All of this played out in the press at the time. Finally, in 1951, in order to get out of the marriage, Sara signed a document retracting her statements about Hubbard’s state of mind.

But if you’ve read our book The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, you know that in 1971, Sara wrote to Paulette Cooper, and she reiterated the kinds of things she was saying before her official retraction. Clearly, Sara still felt the same way about Hubbard.

Sara Northrup and her diaries are very bad for Scientology. They show L. Ron Hubbard in the worst possible light in exactly the period when he was supposedly coming up with his biggest ideas about the human mind and the nature of the universe. After the nightmare year of 1951, Hubbard did everything he could to pretend that he had never married Northrup or that he’d fathered Alexis."

http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/07/desper ... rous-path/

Photo of L. Ron Hubbard, Alexis and Sara:

Return to “Opinions & Debate”