Hubbard-style Word Clearing.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hubbard-style Word Clearing.

Post by Wieber » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Demented LRH wrote:“The next step was improving our understanding of small, common words. We used a five-inch-thick dictionary written by LRH that contained any common word you could think of, words like “it”, “the”, “yes”, “no”, “up”, “of” and “out” “
Jenna Miscavige.

What kind of word clearing is this? I have never heard about this shit before. Has anyone undergone this idiotic procedure?
I haven't done the procedure but I have seen the book, Small Common Words Defined by L. Ron Hubbard.

ImageImage

I only saw it briefly. Here are my recollections of it. I stand to be corrected on this.

The lettering is in about 36 point type. It is printed in black and blue on white paper.

There are one to three words defined on a page. The pages have a lot of white space.

There are little cartoon drawings that go with the definitions. My recollections could be inaccurate.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

pelagic

Re: Hubbard-style Word Clearing.

Post by pelagic » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Demented LRH wrote:“The next step was improving our understanding of small, common words. We used a five-inch-thick dictionary written by LRH that contained any common word you could think of, words like “it”, “the”, “yes”, “no”, “up”, “of” and “out” “
Jenna Miscavige.

What kind of word clearing is this? I have never heard about this shit before. Has anyone undergone this idiotic procedure?
It happens. I never did it as an exercise, but you could be asked the definition of any word you were reading. That includes be, the, for etc. If you did not give an answer straight away you had to look it up. That always meant clearing every definition.

The book that Wieber posted a picture of looks like part of the "Key to Life" course, which I never did.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Opinions & Debate”