Charles Manson was a Scientologist - There was a

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Hubbard's Mushroom
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:05 pm

RedPill...
God lives in a trunk with a leopard skin. That's right,
that's - that is the full story on it.

+++++++++Sacred Cult Scripture++++++++++++++++

And then although a lot of people will say carelessly "Well,
God is everywhere," remember that this was an idea which
was introduced rather latterly in Christian religion. The God
of which they speak, of whom they speak continually, is
Yahweh. Lord knows how it's pronounced because it is so
secret that nobody really is supposed to be able to pronounce
it, so they omitted all of the vowels in the word. And they
spell it only with its consonants. So, Lord knows how this word
is to be pronounced. But more agreed upon pronunciation
amongst scholars so they can talk about it is "Yahweh." An-
and this is the Christian God. But he lives in a trunk with a
leopard skin. That's right, that's - that is the full story on it.

— L. Ron Hubbard
Lecture 9 December 1954: Communication Formula

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RedPill
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

lol

Post by RedPill » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Hubbard's Mushroom wrote:RedPill...
God lives in a trunk with a leopard skin. That's right,
that's - that is the full story on it.

+++++++++Sacred Cult Scripture++++++++++++++++

And then although a lot of people will say carelessly "Well,
God is everywhere," remember that this was an idea which
was introduced rather latterly in Christian religion. The God
of which they speak, of whom they speak continually, is
Yahweh. Lord knows how it's pronounced because it is so
secret that nobody really is supposed to be able to pronounce
it, so they omitted all of the vowels in the word. And they
spell it only with its consonants. So, Lord knows how this word
is to be pronounced. But more agreed upon pronunciation
amongst scholars so they can talk about it is "Yahweh." An-
and this is the Christian God. But he lives in a trunk with a
leopard skin. That's right, that's - that is the full story on it.

— L. Ron Hubbard
Lecture 9 December 1954: Communication Formula

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
lol! That's Hubbard alright. And I bet that nobody dared to question him at the time, even though I'm sure that it sounded batshit crazy to some of the folk that were there live.

There is a reason for tossing out total nonsense like that. There is a hypnotizing effect because it has a way of fixing people's attention.

Back in the early 80's, I worked briefly in a fone room in Hollywood CA selling advertising specialties, known in the biz as "ad specs". The pitch was ALWAYS a gift pitch, and the handle on objections was always to feed the poor guy on the other end of the fone the objection you wanted to handle. "You're telling me you want to think about weather or not you want to buy pens, right?" (buyer agrees) (salesman laughs) I didn't call you from 2000 miles away to sell you PENS, John, I called you because of the PROMOTION! Now you can't get ANY of these four gift items for less than 2000 dollars John, so take the gift for 2 HUNDRED dollars, and I'll toss the pens in ABSOLUTELY FREE. Is that fair?"

The pitch worked like a charm, but that's not the punchline. Most of us got 200 dollar orders, which was the minimum. But there was one particular salesman who would consistently get the max 400 dollar orders. Instead of "We offer the big box for the big businessman, then there is the medium sized box for the average businessman, and then there is the small box for the small businessman, which size would work best for you?" his line was "We have the big box for the big penis man, the medium box for the average penis man, and the small box for the small penis man. What size penis man are you?" No shit, this guy would out write everyone in the room. The reply would come back "I'm a BIG businessman!" They HEARD ""penis man" but probably doubted their own ears, causing a fixation of attention. This salesman, by the end of the call, was saying "congratulations, Mr. Penis!" Most of us were simply too hungry and too shy to pull this one off, but Bob Seaman (no shit, this was the guy's fone name) simply didn't care. I listened to him pitch day in and day out for a week, AND NOBODY CALLED HIM ON BEING CALLED A PENIS MAN.

I have caught this technique a few more times since (not the penis man thing) and it goes like this ... the speaker is built up to be an AUTHORITY on (whatever subject) Not immediately, but fairly early on, some totally obvious horseshit is tossed out. The speaker is not questioned, because he is an AUTHORITY on (whatever it is) and nobody wants to look stupid by questioning the AUTHORITY on what should clearly be obvious crap to anybody with half a brain.

If you ever spot this technique being used, notice that just past the point of horseshit insertion is when eyes glaze over, attention is fixated, etc. If you do call the AUTHORITY out on whatever the point is, expect shuck, jive, eloquent non answers, further shifts of attention, and perhaps some levity tossed in, at your expense, of course.

Pete

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 am

I get some great emails from purveyors of Lermanet.com

A fellow pointed out that the scientology logo...

The S and double equilateral triangles....contains 666 twice contained in the 60 degree angles of the triangles, each triangle having 3 - 60 degree angles...

So Welcome to Scientology

and then there is this lovely adaptation of scientology's logo from a video on google videos..

Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

probity

Manson Family Member Approved For Parole

Post by probity » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:43 am

legalinfo.com wrote:A member of the Manson “family” has been recommended for parole after spending almost four decades behind bars.

Bruce Davis, 67, was convicted of two murders in the early 70s, and has been in prison since 1972. Now a two-member panel of the Board of Parole Hearings will recommend that he be set free, and the decision will go to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s desk.

Davis was convicted on murder charges for his role in the killing spree which took the lives of two men, musician Gary Hinman and stuntman Donald “Shorty” Shea. Although Davis did not kill either of the men—in fact, he refused an order given to him by Manson to chop off Shea’s head—he did slash Shea on the shoulder and drove the car to the home in Topanga Canyon, outside of Los Angeles, where Hinman was killed. Davis was also on the scene when Shea was killed, at a communal home near the San Fernando Valley where the cult members lived.

Davis was not involved in the killings of pregnant actress Sharon Tate, or in the six other slayings committed by other members of the Manson family.

During his time in prison, Davis became a born-again Christian and earned both a master’s degree and a doctorate in philosophy of religion. He also married a woman whom he met through a prison ministry group, and the two have a grown daughter.

The only other paroled Manson family member, Steve Grogan, was released in 1985 after helping investigators find Shea’s burial site. Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme, another Manson follower who attempted an assassination on President Gerald Ford, was released from prison after serving time. Charles Manson and two other followers, Leslie Van Houten and Patricia Krenwinkel, remain in prison for the Tate killings. A third cult member involved in those killings, Susan Atkins, died last year, shortly after being denied parole.

Davis had been denied parole 23 times in a row, because he refused to acknowledge the full extent of his participation in the crimes. During the most recent parole hearing, however, Davis said he knows now that he helped encourage others to commit the murders.

“I was responsible as everyone there,” he told the board members.

Prosecutors in Los Angeles county could petition the governor to reject the parole, if he deems it a threat to public safety, but it is unclear whether this petition will be filed or if Davis will be allowed to go free. If he is paroled, he plans to live with his family in Grover Beach and work at a landscaping job.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”