Hubbard's use of hypnosis - Dianetic's true SOURCE revealed

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:26 pm

Hey Arnie,

I was just catching up on this thread. Great stuff.

It's just amazing how pervasive the hypnotism is in $cientology. He constantly asks during his lectures, "Do you see?" Wow. I had no idea that was a common practice among hypnotists. Also, I can totally see now why I get 3 pieces of mail a day from these douchebags--they're repeating the hypnotic commands.

Thanks. This is great research.

mb
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:26 pm

Im glad you are gaining something from these materials,

The next topic I want to introduce is the most often used technique of scientology in manipulating discussion... with intent to prevent enlightenment.. and is used by Hubbard in his lectures and written works... - to reiterate, we are dealing with the IDENTICAL mechanisms of deception when arguing with scientology's clones on this chatboard and the net, they are the same mechansims, see "artifice", that caused them to become scientologists to begin with!!!

It is called "The Confusion Technique"

p 184
"Important Names in Hypnosis"

Andre Weitzenhoffer
circa 1963

I wrote this hastily last night. It can properly be filled out. Stored away, I have many old manuscripts, starting with such ideas as "If your left hand were your right hand, then your right hand wouldn't be your right hand. Instead your right hand would be your left hand, and you right-hand, left hand pants pocket would be your right hand pants pocket. But that would put it on your other leg." (I trust, merely trust, that you followed me without difficulty.)

You can start a confusion technique with literally anything; for example, that chair (1) is there (1) and that chair (2) (pointing to another) is there (2). And where is there, and if that chair (1) isn't there (2), and that chair (2) isn't there (1), tilting the head slightly to direct the subject's gaze, but we may talk about yesterday instead of today, but last year has so many yesterdays.

It's really simple. Keep time, particularly present, recent and remote past, in mind as you say obviously factual things, but without leaving your subject time to catch his breath or to interrupt, or to reach any clear understanding. Then when you offer a clear understandable idea, he grabs it and holds on for dear life, even if he has to regress to do it.

In any event, on the yellow sheet is a crude rished paper I wrote last night after I got ready for bed.

Should it be worked up? SHould I do it? I wish you would collaborate because my rapidity if shifting ideas on papers like this tends to ruin them and I feel that I need your clarity of thought.

Sincerely,
Milton

P.S. Betty can't stand to read this material. She has the reaction of being so irritated that she escapes into a trance - so do others - and some laboriously follow along and fo into a trance. And when people get too irritated, I shift into another technique, which they gladly accept.
P.S. by Betty. Milton is wrong when he says I escape into a trance! Some subjects may react that way, but the technique irritates me so that I refuse to cooperate in any way. I leave the room if possible.

p 186

The manuscript that Erickson sent Weitzenhoffer for review eventually published as "The Confusion Technique in Hypnosis" in the American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis (AJCH) with Erickson (1964a) as the sole author. Twelve years earlier, Erickson had included a section on the confusion technique in the chapter "Deep Hypnosis and its induction" in Experimental Hypnosis, edited by Leslie LeCron (Erickson, 1952). The confusion technique was one of Erickson's most innovative and important contributions to hypnosis. These verbal and nonverbal methods created disorientation, disrupting habitual sets paving the way for enhanced responsiveness.

In a 1958 article by Erickson (1958a), "Naturalistic Techniques of Hypnosis," described a demonstration he conducted in which confusion was used. The 1964 article (1964a) reflecting Erickson's own advancements, wsa much more inclusive than the earlier pieces. It covered a host of topics related to the technique and its application.

At the time of his reply, Weitzenhoffer, in conjunction with a psychiatric colleague, Bernie Gorton, M.D., was compiling a book about Erickson's work. In a section of his April 8 letter, which is not included in this book, Weitzenhoffer discussed previous experiences with publishers and options for the book. The volume was neither completed nor published. Jay Haley took over the project and in 1967, compiled a collection of Erickson's papers in Advanced Techniques of Hypnosis and Therapies...

p 140
"Psychoanalysis"

Erickson's description in his January 20 (1940) letter (to Ives Hendrick) of the establishment of "emotional tension" appears to be one of the earliest mentions of the confusion technique in hypnotic induction. He did not discuss the confusion technique per se, but described how emotional tension is a precursor to hypnotically created states of disorientation. Erickson implied that profound hypnotic effects, such as age regression and hallucination, are best created by using emotional arousal. His investigation of the use of arousal seems to be a de novo contribution to the study of hypnosis, which is customarily seen as entailing relaxation. The confusion technique was not formally detailed by Erickson in the literature until 1964. It was one of the most important contributions to hypnosis and in his later life, Erickson insisted that therapeutic confusion was an essential element of his induction method.

p 183

In a letter from Milton Erickson to Andre Weitzenhoffer circa 1963:

I used the therapeutic hour to create a confused welter of mixed emotions if all kinds, mixed ideas of the present of the future, reminiscences, past events of strong emotional quality...

The Letters of Milton Erickson
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:18 pm

(Leslie LeCron wrote the forward to Volney Mathison's 'Self-Hypnosis' book. )
Letters between Milton Erickson and Leslie LeCron going back to 1945.

The Letters of Milton Erickson

p 248
An Erickson Olio

To: Dr. Raginsky
September 21, 1956

As you undoubtedly remember, Leslie M. LeCron was a member of our panel for Seminars in Hypnosis, but during the course of his association with us, we became increasingly unhappy about it, because we felt that he resorted to practices not in accord with professional ethics. This became increasingly an item of open discussion with him in our post-seminar meetings and the resentment that he developed led to his resignation at San Francisco.

At that time, I informed the other members of the panel that it was Mr. LeCron's intention to have his wife, whose only experience has been that of a third grade teacher, become associated with him professionally as a psychologist. I am enclosing a photostat of his recent announcement to this effect.

Additionally, since April 1 I have been interviewed by three charlatans, who are all advertising hypnotists. Each started his intention of setting up an office in Phoenix and expressed a wish to affiliate with me in somewhat the same fashion as they had been affiliated with LeCron. One of them had an eighth grade education.

Two had purchased Ph.D. degrees, one from a metaphysical diploma mill in Indiana and the other from a diploma mill in Los Angeles. All three separately described LeCron's office and gave details of cases worked on by LeCron, which cases were known to me. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of their statements to me. To date, none of the three has located in Phoenix.

I doubt very much if Mr. LeCron should be continued as a member of the editorial board if the Journal. I further doubt that the special branch of the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis that he is organizing in California should be recognized until its membership has been thoroughly scrutinized.

One additional item concerning the Associate Membership concerns by Dr. Richard N. Clark [address provided].

This physician is very competent, honest, sincere man; however, ill-advisedly he has contributed a foreword to the book The Hypnotism Handbook, written by Charles Edward Cooke (without any degree) and A.E. Van Vogt, a science fiction writer.

I have met Mr. Cooke and I have had correspondence with him. I have also seen a considerable number of patients whom I felt have been seriously harmed by this untrained lay therapist. Mr. Cooke endeavored to have me write the foreword for his book and I refused, because I felt that it was completely unprofessional and utterly wrong to do so. Mr. Cooke assured me that Mr. LeCron had given him a great deal of professional advice and guidance in writing the book. The veracity
of this statement I do not know; however, there is a foreword by Dr, Clark and I was assured by Mr. Cooke before the publication of the book that Dr. Clark was writing such a foreword at the suggestion of Mr. LeCron. I do not believe that any members of the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis should lend their names to such books as the one written by Cooke and Van Vogt.

This book is published by Griffin Publishing Company of Los Angeles, California, and I have been assured by several people that this is a small printing firm, which publishes solely at the authors expense.

I am sending copies of this letter to Drs. Milton Kline, Harold Rosen and Frank Pattie.

Sincerely yours,
Milton Erickson

----------------------------

The inventor of the E-meter, Volney Mathesin, denounced L Ron Hubbard as a Charlatan in chapter six of Volney's book, Creative Image Therapy, you can read this fascinating chapter HERE

and above, we now have the father of clinical hypnosis, shown to have denounced L Ron Hubbard as a Charlatan..
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

tom_

Post by tom_ » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:33 pm

:) <---- for Arnie.

This is the kinda information people need to know about the founder of Tom Cruise's Death-by-Litigation cult.

Btw, soon your e-meter will star in a full length feature film about $cn.

Rejoice.

tp
<<<<<<>>>>>>
www.stopscientology.com www.FairGamed.org
www.xenutv.com
www.madvillelaw.net
www.lermanet.com
Tom C on $cn http://www.scientomogy.info/ :)

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:54 pm

p 148
Important Names in Hypnosis:
Leslie LeCron and Andre Weitzenhoffer

On January 14, 1945 Milton Erickson received a letter from Leslie LeCron, whichbegan:

May I introduce myself as a lay practitioner of hypnotherapy and hypnoanalysis..I am about to complete the writing of a book on hypnotism and hypnotherapy, which we hope to have published.

In this book LeCron encouraged Erickson to criticize the manuscript freely. He admitted that, in general, psychotherapy should not be practiced by laypeople, but he hedged this statement by asserting that people such as himself should be permitted to conduct therapy because of the shortage of psychiatrists.

LeCron also suggested that he was setting up a clinic in the Los Angeles area, as a West Coast version of the Menninger Clinic, with an ex-army psychiatrist. J.O. Cromwell, M.D. He invited Erickson to join them, and expressed the hope that Erickson could arrange a teaching position on the staff about to be established at the University of California, Los Angeles...

In Erickson's reply of January 19, 1946 he said that he was flattered by LeCron's request, and that he might consent to write an introduction after he had read the manuscript.

March 19, 1946

Dear Mr. LeCron:

Hastily, I just received the ms., immediately looked at the index and found listed with eight references a well known charlatan who is definitely engaged in an illegal practice of medicine, describes himself as a psychologist, yet has no degree in psychology, and according to a classmate of his, was flunked out of college.

I personally have treated patients he has "treated" and through this and the personal investigation of a friend who posed as a patient, know him to be a fraud, though highly convincing to the lay public and even to psychologists and medically trained people. I can assure you however, that he is a charlatan highly successful in securing favorable publicity.

Additional this man's publications, which you quote from, and even describe as pioneer work, were ghost-written for him and based on other people's work, often mere revisions or plagiarized material. Or [they were] mere armchair speculation described as actual controlled experimental work when there were no experiments
of any kind, just dreamed-up experiments and dreamed-up results reported as facts.

Your purpose is to write a sound reliable authoritative book and I think you are honest and I think you are desirous of contributing to the hypnotic literature.

Therefore I must ask what you want me to do in reading your ms. about such matters as the above additional scrutiny of the index discloses other
questionable inclusions and the omission of highly desirable inclusions.

I sincerely hope that the labor of this manuscript represents signifies a desire to make a contribution to the literature and not just a wish to publish another book, as was the case in relation to a book and author from whom you quote extensively and who wrote me personally that he was glad to get the book off his hands, that most of it was false, but that it was a book.

lermanet_com

Key Lie Pie

Post by lermanet_com » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 pm

This was a reply to deceptive arguer on ars...

You may not know those in clinical terms, hell I didn't know about
them at all until I read Erickson's works...

You may know them by the term the sakti

Telling a story
that makes no sense
is a technique
used to invoke
cognitive dissonance

The technque consists of
stating a few nonsensical things
quickly after a while the listener
so much wants your words to
have meaning that they will seize on
whatever you say next..
entranced... in a trance state
and that idea goes directly into the
persons subconcious
as true!!
and there you put
the key lie pie
and serve it to all comers
and the crowd you draw
serves as defacto proof
that your story rings true

Well JOE thinks so!

It must be TRUE!

the problem with liars in general
even experienced cons
Like Hubbard

is that a con will get someone's
CONfidence
and then whisper to them lies...

All one has to do is prove ONE LIE
and everything else is called into question

The reason they seem to hold so fast to
to their 'beliefs" is that the false
ideas have been implanted directly into
the persons subconscious..

While he was looking at the pretty girl on stage,
the reactive mind that isnt there

IN order to tie all this together
my parting thought, as opposed to your parting shot
is that

Liars are all people who have found that it is easier to make a living
lying than it is to make a living honestly.

The downside to lying for a living is that you need
to expell form the group anyone who realizes you are lying...
or they might wake up the rest of them,
and then they will destroy you..

Hubbard uses deceptive techniques to make good honest folks
credulous folks, believe falsehoods. He does this by first telling you
unverifiable ( at first glance) outrageous lies, that elevate his
altitude to extraordinary hieghts, so that you have CONFIDENCE
in his words.... he becomes an authority... the authroty above all authorities in the History of Man!

The falsehoods are used to reduce any further objections from the target of the CON to items of ridicule and mockery.

Its just your reactive mind.

Your Reactive mind doesnt want you to go clear...

These are the techniques that make scientologists into scientologists.

And Scientology doesn't work

Hypnosis works

Deceptive practices work...

repetition works

Lies work (until they get found out)

Selective display of data

and concealing key evidence works

Liars also have another challenge, they have to keep track of everything they told everybody... they must track everything, moniter everyting.. much like scientology does.

Now, if a man were to start trying to explain these techniques
to protect people from scientology... it would follow that

Someone who was profiting from the use of those same deceptive
techniques sans the scientological lingo..might be prompted into all
sorts of displays to make nothing of that mans efforts to teach them
how Hubbard conned them out of their lives, and fortunes, for a
profit.

Sincerely

Arnie Lerma
For more information on covert hypnosis in scientology and out of it
give this thread a read... it is absolutely fascinating stuff, and
combined with the endorphin theory, it has set two long time
scientologists free in the last 5 days...
viewtopic.php?t=20255

Maybe you will learn something from it of use in avoiding being conned
by those who profit from deception.

Liars are just people who have found that it is easier to make a
living lying than it is to make a living honestly, people who have
found it easier to cheat someone out of a fortune than to actually
produce something of value.

To them, life is just a game.

A CON game!!

prunes

Post by prunes » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:53 pm

This is extremely interesting, Arnie!

M. Erickson is the father of modern hypnosis, whose experiments have not been really followed up on in a rigorous way, but have been usurped by scammers. His characterizations of LeCron are pretty amusing!

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:27 pm

Holy smoke,
while Im over here trying to reinvent the horse, check this page out, this is importnat, to ex-scientologists as Hubbard used this techqnue over and over and over again

AND

Certain deceptive writers on both this board and on the newsgroup use this technique in order to change your ideas without your consent.

Learning these concepts will protect you and help finish off whats left of scientology.

this is very importnat..

http://hypnoticadvancements.com/language_confusion.htm

lrh_lied

Post by lrh_lied » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:15 am

lermanet_com wrote:The next topic I want to introduce is the most often used technique of scientology in manipulating discussion... with intent to prevent enlightenment.. and is used by Hubbard in his lectures and written works... - to reiterate, we are dealing with the IDENTICAL mechanisms of deception when arguing with scientology's clones on this chatboard and the net, they are the same mechansims, see "artifice", that caused them to become scientologists to begin with!!!

It is called "The Confusion Technique"
p 184
Andre Weitzenhoffer
circa 1963

You can start a confusion technique with literally anything; for example, that chair (1) is there (1) and that chair (2) (pointing to another) is there (2). And where is there, and if that chair (1) isn't there (2), and that chair (2) isn't there (1), tilting the head slightly to direct the subject's gaze, but we may talk about yesterday instead of today, but last year has so many yesterdays.

P.S. Betty can't stand to read this material. She has the reaction of being so irritated that she escapes into a trance - so do others - and some laboriously follow along and fall into a trance.

It's really simple. Keep time, particularly present, recent and remote past, in mind as you say obviously factual things, but without leaving your subject time to catch his breath or to interrupt, or to reach any clear understanding. Then when you offer a clear understandable idea, he grabs it and holds on for dear life, even if he has to regress to do it.

"The purpose of objectives is to get the
person to passively accept being controlled. For example, in one process,
the person is given the commands by the auditor: "Look at that wall"
"Walk over to that wall" "Touch that wall" "Turn around", done
repetitively for hours at a time. If the person does not comply, the
auditor physically escorts the person through the process. Typically, a
person being put through this process goes through anger and other
emotions about being controlled until finally they give in and comply.
By
that time, the person is in a trance state and feels euphoric, praising
the auditor and the process.

TRs and objectives are a basic requirement that anyone doing Scientology
must go through, thus laying a solid foundation for further
indoctrination." -Monica Pignotti

The lowest level of auditing in Scientology consists of what are called the "objective processes." (Hubbard, Creation of Human Ability, p. 271) These are often programmed for a newcomer to Scientology after he has completed the introductory course. The stated purpose of these drills is "to get the preclear more in touch with his environment (reality)." The hypnotic content of these drills, however, could indicate that they were conceived to do just the opposite.

In his book Creation of Human Ability, Hubbard acknowledges that some people might think these drills hypnotic. But in actuality, he states, these drills "run out" hypnosis. "(They) induce no trances. People who think so simply don't know much about hypnotism."
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shel ... html#notes

confusion and overload?

The overload technique follows the five-step procedure:

1. behavioral patterns, especially trance-inhibiting ones, are identified;
2. the person is paced appropriately;
3. involvement in a dominant pattern is intensified and overloaded, thereby making it difficult to continue to process information at a normal rate;
4. the ensuing confusion is amplified to create more uncertainty and consequent response potential; and
5. the confusion is utilized to introduce a simple directive to which the person can respond in order to reduce the uncertainty.
http://www.deeptrancenow.com/interruption.htm

An induction related to the Confusion technique is overloading. Direct
the participant's awareness to as many things as possible. The human mind can only attend to so many things; given too many it will start to withdraw or cut down. Offer suggestions regarding relaxation along with pointing out that they can perceive X while thinking of K. Kind of the same
principle as the confusion technique.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos161.htm
Lisa McPherson escaped long enough to show she had heart...before scientology killed her
[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washingtonpost/lisa-120698.htm][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/bmeup/scientology/fb379e79.jpg[/img][/url]

Antique Hoax

Post by Antique Hoax » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:22 pm

lrh_lied wrote:5. the confusion is utilized to introduce a simple directive to which the person can respond in order to reduce the uncertainty.

Although not "covert" hypnosis, I think it is good to understand HOW a "stage hypnotist" works, and uses this "power" of confusion, or disorientation.

He does "before show" work to find suitable hypnotic "subjects" from the "audience pool". I don't think they are "pre-staged" or part of the "show".

I don't know how each does it specifically. When I found a "suitable" subject, and have them "under", I would "suggest" to them that I would be bringing them on stage, and they would be perfectly fine.

How the "stage hypnotist" puts the person into an instant trance on stage is they get in front of the person, typically seated for convience sake. They have the subject exert maximum pressure to the hypnotist arm sticking out, very rigidly, trying to push it down.

He gets the subject to REALLY push hard. He then quickly releases his effort, and catches the subject falling toward him. He immediately whispers in their ear something like...

"Sleep, you are ok, just listen to me."

The "Trick" is in that INSTANT the subject is disoriented and confused, they are vulnerable to the hypnotist quickly giving them direction and suggestion.

It is just the way the mind works, not all people are good candidates to be on "stage" with a performing hypnotist, it would be a smaller minority imo.

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:44 pm

I dont think Ive cited a thread so many times as I have this one,

newcomers are advised to digest the entire contents of this thread.

The same techniques are used to quash interest and silence discussions as hubbard used to turn good people into scientologists..

regards
arnie lerma

lrh_lied

Post by lrh_lied » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:47 pm

an overview of the whole hypnotic mess

http://www.lermanet.com/cisar/wis/index.htm

These pages illustrate the methods by which Hubbard's organizations distract the public eye from their real functions. The idea, from Hubbard's point of view, is that once a person crosses the threshold from skeptic to believer, even in one small instance, that person is susceptible to possible indoctrination. The more of Hubbard's myths a person believes, the more the person will reject his or her own education, upbringing and judgment. The more dissatisfaction with one's own situation one has, the more a person is willing to pay for Hubbard's alternatives to education, upbringing and judgment. Methods illustrated include:

* misleading personal source references and associations, on philosophical, scientific and religious levels
* misleading scientific source references and associations, especially concerning reincarnation
* various level of suggestion, including hypnosis or near hypnosis
* Reinventing tribal government on a large-scale

http://www.lermanet.com/cisar/wis/hypnosis.htm

L. Ron Hubbard embellished the story of a misplaced shoe at the dinner table in the Introduction to "Mission Earth".

" Comedy actually relies on the audience seeing a misplaced or unjustified emotion. The laughter produced in comedy is actually a rejection, a relief of emotion at recognizing the incongruous attitude. For example, imagine a scene where a person is eating at an elegant table. Everything is perfect -- the setting is the finest china, silver and crystal, a magnificent center display, candles. There is only one thing wrong. What he is eating, what is on his plate, is an old shoe ..."

Bernstein recorded the beginning of his first past life experiment at 10:35 p.m. on November 29, 1952 and provided a transcript of the tape he made. There is no doubt that the woman Bernstein hypnotized was following Bernstein's guiding instructions, which included:

See yourself when you were one year old. See some scene. Watch yourself. Be looking at yourself when you were one year old.

(One method that helps to induce a trance is to tell a person to look within; this is an attempt to internalize attention.) Bernstein continued:

Now go on even farther back. Oddly enough, you can go even farther back.

I want you to keep on going back and back and back in your mind. And surprising as it may seem, strange as it may seem, you will find that there are other scenes in your memory. There are other scenes from faraway lands and distant places in your memory. I will talk to you again. I will talk to you again in a little while. I will talk to you again in a little while. Meanwhile your mind will be going back, back, back, and back until it picks up a scene, until, oddly enough, you find yourself in some other scene, in some other place, in some other time, and when I talk to you again you will tell me about it. You will be able to talk about it an answer my questions. And now just rest and relax while these scenes come into your mind. . . ."

As you can see, Morey Bernstein had to take some time and trouble to put this woman into a dream state and then get her to go back to an earlier point in time. Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard discovered a way of doing this as easily as pushing a button. Hubbard described a "button" as certain circumstances that make people uncomfortable. People may be taught that their own special "buttons" instantaneously transport them through space and time into a dream world. This world could be partially composed of reality or not. The important thing to Hubbard was that his adherents view this world as indistinguishable from reality. To make it easier for people to find their "own" past dreams, Hubbard described places people could fantasize about as though they were real.

"Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health" provides fictional realities involving supposed pre-natal experience. Dianetics also explains the workings of "engram," associated with a "button." The engram is a painful or embarrassing moment of a person's own subconscious. To get people used to the idea of dreaming engrams and to overcome their own personal defenses, they are subjected to "bullbaiting" as described above, in which they are taught to remain completely unemotional and unmovable in the face of merciless verbal harassment by a Scientology "coach." This is done in turns, so that the one being harassed can take some comfort in the knowledge that the coach's turn will soon come.

Dianetic Hypnosis

Hubbard coined words to make this sound scientific. Moments of pain and unconsciousness he called engrams. The moment of unconsciousness during which an engram occurred he called anaten (analyzer attenuated). The post-hypnotic suggestion later caused by the engram was an aberration. The energy used to keep the post-hypnotic suggestion in place he called emotional or spiritual charge. The person in a dreamstate narrating engrams after the fact is the preclear. The person listening to the preclear's dreams is the auditor. According to Hubbard, engrams cannot be properly contacted without the Scientology auditor, and lo and behold, the Scientology auditor is busy writing down every detail of the preclear's pain and embarrassment, including time, place and possibly other people present.

In hypnotizing the woman to take off her shoe in the previous section, taking two bites of food was the sensory validation the woman was programmed with to perform the command. A person undergoing auditing will experience relief when the imaginary incident is finally sensorily validated, i.e., it seems as real as life. This crossing of the threshold to the ridiculous is usually accompanied by smiles, laughter and a flash of drunken insight, such as "You know, when I was a kid I was deathly afraid of striped barber poles!" (This is an actual example, according to "Have You Lived Before This Life?.") Hubbard taught that this laughter is a rejection of the engram's pain. In any case the person has just shrugged off a portion of present-time reality and is experiencing a kind of escapist glee. A system of this sort could conceivably produce good results temporarily, but this does not mean it proves the existence of past lives. Proof of past lives would include people remembering, from their past lives, their own and their family's personal vital statistics, as well as an ability to speak, write and understand past languages.

According to the foreword signed by L. Ron Hubbard, dated 1951, of "Scientology: A History of Man," "Gravestones, ancient vital statistics, old diplomas and medals will verify in every detail the validity of "many lifetimes." With a statement like that in the introduction, a person would expect to find some of the proof Hubbard promised. Fifty-five years later this has yet to happen.

more..
Lisa McPherson escaped long enough to show she had heart...before scientology killed her
[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washingtonpost/lisa-120698.htm][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/bmeup/scientology/fb379e79.jpg[/img][/url]

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:33 am

The Target wrote:Too many frauds and people doing it wrong. Hypnosis isn't BS if done correctly. I know this for certain.
Correct..

and earlier you said
Hypnosis doesn't find past lives, it implants them.
Astute observation!

Thanks for sharing

----------------

Im taking the contents of the other recent hypnosis thread and turing it into a webpage...and adding it the hypnosis series... which now has 5 deep and long pages..

http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist1.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist2.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist3.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist4.htm
viewtopic.php?t=20255

--------------------------------

And additional page under construction will use examples of how these techniques have been and are used by suspected operatives for scientology purposes.

It's like scientology but there are no key scientology words, so the targets, don't know their subconscious is being programmed with opinions and false data that support scientology'sstated intentionstowards their enemies.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:05 pm

In 1950 and 1951, Hubbard spoke of the use of "narcosynthesis" (in
Dianetics [e.g., p.117, footnote: "The author is well aware that many
physicians, in using narco-synthesis, have occasionally accidentally
entered 'unconscious' periods."],Science of Survival and the Research
and Discovery volumes). It is clear that Hubbard was aware of the work
of psychiatrists Grinker and Spiegel, who coined the term
"narcosynthesis" in the 1940s (33). In fact, Hubbard recommended a
text which discussed narcosynthesis and "hypnoanalysis" (34). This
text gives the following description: "The doctors [Grinker and
Spiegel] call this new technique narcosynthesis, because, while under
the hypnosis, the soldier patient re-experiences the shocking
occurence that caused his breakdown - his traumatic episode - and then
reincorporates the memory thus obtained" (35). The text also speaks of
the patient being asked to count backwards until in trance. This
practice is also found in Dianetics - although Hubbard was less than
candid about the trance state it can produce.

Possible origins for Dianetics and Scientology
by Jon Atack

hans

Post by hans » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:37 am

Arnie Lerma, this is compelling research. Thanks for bringing forward this awareness of Erickson and the NLP connection.

It is astonishing to remember the number of intelligent people taken in by this simple technique. I can see the connection in my personal experience; only the words and labels for each 'grade' were different, giving people some distraction to focus upon while the underlying hypnotic control did its damage. One technique, learned and applied consistently.

Hans Hansen
-Hans Hansen lives-

Return to “Opinions & Debate”