Narconon update from Greg Beha
Group: alt.religion.scientology Date: Fri, Oct 20, 2006, 10:12pm (CDT+1)
http://Stop-Narconon.org/Personal/Beha/ ... -10-16.txt
October 16, 2006
This is an update to what has happened since you last heard from me. My name is Greg Beha. The story I presented to Vinnie on the show was my experience with Narconon Stone Hawk Drug Rehabilitation Center of Battle Creek Michigan. (for the ones that missed the show go to September 16, 2006 show on the Vince Daniel website, approx. 2 hours and 3 minutes into the show). During that show I had the opportunity to talk to Clark Carr, (president of Narconon) about my situation. During the show he tiptoed around the whole issue of why they sent my step-son to a motel after 18 days of treatment in one of his Narconon Centers. He also tiptoed around the issue of why I was not granted a refund. He informed me that he would talk to the owner of that Narconon Center (Per Wickstrom) and see if something could be worked out.
On September 27th I finally reached Per Wickstrom on the phone (week and half after the show) and his final answer was that I was not going to receive any refund and that my step-son was more than welcome to come back to Stone Hawk and that he would send a car to Ohio to pick him up. He also told me that he just suspended another student. But he didn't tell me what he did with him.
On October 6 there was a public meeting held in Manistee, Michigan where Per Wickstrom was trying to open another Narconon center. I made the trip to Manistee (9 hour drive) to confront Per Wickstrom in person about my refund. Out in the parking lot Per Wickstrom told me that I was not going to receive any refund, and told me that my step-son was still welcome back to Narconon for the next two years.
This new Narconon Site in Manistee, Michigan will be Per and Kate Wickstrom's 3rd Narconon site in Michigan. Per Wickstrom said there are 12 Narconon Centers in the United States. The new center in Manistee, Michigan will be the 13th center in the United States. Per and Kate will own almost 1/4th of the Narconon Centers in the States. If Per Suspened one addict in each of his centers every 3 weeks and doesn't give them a refund. It comes to about $1,198,500 (17 weeks times 3 addicts times $23,500 equals $1,198,500). That's a real good income, (bonus money) and it's tax-free because he never sent me any thing saying that my son was there. (a receipt, bill or any type of billing information saying that my son was there even after I requested 4 or 5 times). In Stone Hawk enrollment agreement rules you will receive the necessary paperwork (a receipt, bill or any type of billing information) within two weeks after you graduate if you request it in writing. In other words if you don't graduate, too bad.
Some of the items that I didn't get to discuss on the first radio show;
* When I called "1-800 No Drugs" for a Drug rehab I talked to a "Desiree", when I called back to ask them why they hooked me up with Narconon Center, "Desiree" knew everyone at Stone Hawk by name. (Is 1-800 No Drugs part of the Narconon system?)
* We received an additional $1,418.09 in hospital bills. They screwed up in Detox (where my son was throwing up blood and was dehydrated) and had to take my step-son to a real hospital. Where was the 24-hour nursing coverage at Stone Hawk?
* One of my step-son's friends died of an overdose in our little town while my step-son was at Narconon. We called up there to let the counselor (Patty) know what happen, and to take our son aside and tell him. Approximately an hour later our son called and told us that his old girlfriend called and told him about the death. She was on the No-Call list (meaning that Narconon wasn't allowed to even acknowledge to her that he was at Narconon). I called Patty to ask him what happened and he denied that she called and that my son saw a note on his desk and that he didn't have time to talk to my son yet.
* We were able to talk to Ramsy whenever we wanted until after we enrolled our son then we couldn't get in touch with him for two weeks.
* I think I said Narconon paid for the Motel room and gave him $10 dollars. Actually the room came out of my son's medical fund and the $10 dollars came out of my son's student fund. Both of which I paid into, it was my money.
* Clark Carr and Per Wickstrom said that it was their policy to drop the suspended student at the bus station, airport, or have the parents pick up the student at the center. Per Wickstrom said at Manistee City Hall they followed that policy 99% of the time.
* I think all the phones including the payphones in the center are always recording because there were things we said to our son that they knew when we talked to them.
* The motel they dropped him off was a $38.00 a night motel. My guess is that you could buy any drugs you wanted within a couple of hours. The night I picked up my son, someone had their head bashed in, from an assault, at the lobby and was bleeding all over the floor
* In order to come back from suspension we would have to pay $1,500 for a cleansing and if they found drugs in his system we would have to pay an additional $3,500 or more for Detox
I guess the story I want to tell is that Narconon Drug Rehabilitation Centers are all over the United States and they have a no refund program where they can take your money ($23,500) and stick it to you. You don't know it's a No Refund Program until the day you get there and then you are so desperate to turn your son or daughter over to get them off drugs you will sign anything.
Still waiting on my refund
gregbe [at] frognet [dot] net