What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Re: What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:34 pm

If he could turn himself into a pink elephant why didn't he make himself better looking with nice teeth? Now the people working for David Miscavage have to use photo shop for that.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 pm

I was sitting in an ASHO Foundation study room and reading newspapers. I was alone in the room, the classes used to begin at 5:00 PM, before the classes the room was vacant for much of the day.

I liked this classroom, I used to come here almost every day to read newspapers and have my cup of coffee. I didn't want to read newspapers in public because the Sea Org folk are not allowed to do that.

I was in a good mood. An hour before that I submitted a KR to the ethics officer. The topic of my KR was a confession that I took LSD trips before joining SO. I also wrote that the lack of knowledge of the LSD policy was not my fault because my recruiter didn't tell me anything about that. I knew that tomorrow I will be booted out of SO.

I finished reading LA Times and The NY Times, but didn't want to go back to work. Frankly, I didn't care about my stats that day. There was a stack of HCOBs on top of the desk. I picked several papers from the top and begun reading them.

The first three HCOBs were boring, I put them aside. The fourth one had information that was new to me. Hubbard wrote that alien space stations are orbiting the Earth, the thetans who are brought there receive implants. Hubbard also wrote that he destroyed on e of those space stations.

At that time I knew nothing about the implants; the article didn't explain what the implants are, and what is their purpose. But they must be bad because Hubbard destroyed one of the places where they were created.

I got out of the classroom, went to the SO canteen, bought a cup of hot chocolate and returned to the classroom. I wanted to digest the material.

Why did the Earth astronomers didn't discovered the alien space stations? The only explanation that came to my mind is that the stations were kept in a sub-space invisible to the telescope. But I didn't think there was a scientific evidence of any subspace. Besides, how did Hubbard get there?

Then I came up with another explanation -- this was a test of person's intellectual abilities; anyone who believed in the story was required to have more Dianetics and OT auditing! I passed the test because I didn't think that Hubbard was talking about real events.

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 pm

I asked Bob about the HCOB that I mentioned in the previous post. He hadn't seen it, but he saw another one regarding the destruction of an implant station by LRH. In one of his previous lives LRH lived on Mars, where he managed to destroy another implant station. "What about Jupiter? It appears he live there too, although he didn't like the high gravity girls, as he wrote in an HCOB," I said. "I suppose, the strong gravitational field or the girls prevented the Invaders from building an implant station on that planet," said Bob

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm

No wonder the two people in Scientology discussing the solar system were so upset with me when I told them no one could land on Jupiter as it's a gas giant. I'm now surprised they didn't write a knowledge report on me. It took me five or six minutes to explain what a gas giant is.

Wikipedia article, Gas Giant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_giant
Doris Lessing

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Wieber wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm
No wonder the two people in Scientology discussing the solar system were so upset with me when I told them no one could land on Jupiter as it's a gas giant. I'm now surprised they didn't write a knowledge report on me. It took me five or six minutes to explain what a gas giant is.

Wikipedia article, Gas Giant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_giant
They have several Scientologists at ESMB, who love LRH but hate DM. When I wrote that LRH discovered implant stations on Earth, one of them "corrected" me by saying that the Source was referring to the implant stations located on Mars. Well, I was right, and he/she was wrong -- LRH wrote about the Earth implant stations in his book, A History of Man.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:21 pm

I'd say "Where's your evidence? Objective, hard, scientific (i.e. repeatable) evidence that anyone anywhere can observe and analyze. And if anything was presented that consisted of Scilon materials, I would tell them to clear the word "evidence".
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 pm

For a person involved in Scientology evidence is what Ron said (or wrote).

In Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism, Robert Jay Lifton coins the term, 'doctrine over person,' and explains it in Chapter 22 of that book.

Scientology goes way past Robert Jay Lifton with doctrine over everything.

Oh, and by the way, "How much money do you have in the bank? Well, whatever the amount is just write me a check for that right now. Leave a dollar in your account to keep it open." I didn't make up any of that.
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:29 am

Wieber wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 pm

In Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism, Robert Jay Lifton coins the term, 'doctrine over person,' and explains it in Chapter 22 of that book.

Oh, and by the way, "How much money do you have in the bank? Well, whatever the amount is just write me a check for that right now. Leave a dollar in your account to keep it open." I didn't make up any of that.
I get mad just thinking that an alleged human could utter those words to another.

DISCLAIMER: The following statements are in no way threats or even the slightest implication of threats. They are philosophical ruminations.

I fail to comprehend how someone on the receiving end of a statement so rude is able to refrain from punching the Scilon right in the beezer. Hard. And repeatedly.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 pm

duhast1 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:29 am
Wieber wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 pm

I get mad just thinking that an alleged human could utter those words to another.

DISCLAIMER: The following statements are in no way threats or even the slightest implication of threats. They are philosophical ruminations.

I fail to comprehend how someone on the receiving end of a statement so rude is able to refrain from punching the Scilon right in the beezer. Hard. And repeatedly.
That was done to me twice, in two different cities by two different sea org registrars. This was when L. Ron was alive. I can only conclude that the sea org registrars had been instructed to do that and, if so, the order to do it came from the top, from 'Mankind's Greatest Friend'™. :pukel:
Doris Lessing

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:55 am

Though only speculation, it seems to me that there is not much autonomy or personal initiative in that outfit...

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm

To be honest, no one in CoS asked me how much money I have on my bank account. When I was in SO, a good-looking girl asked me to give money to the church; she and her friends were asking people for donations in front of the main Big Blue entrance. At that time I was seriously contemplating leaving SO after 5 months of futile labor, so I said, "I am a proud Sea Org member, I make $20 a week, and I am proud of my sacrifice. I wish I could give more, but that's all I can give -- I have $5 in my pocket". She smiled and said, "Carry on, good sailor, carry on!"

Return to “Opinions & Debate”