What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Re: What Would You Say to a Lurking Scientologist?

Post by Wieber » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I'd like to add that if you blew and you are finished with Scientology or at least, corporate Scientology, come and join this message board. If you don't feel comfortable joining in then continue to lurk here.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Go ahead and talk in Scientologese, here, if you wish. We encourage escapees to shift to standard English in the outside world, but we know the phrases and sometimes there is no English translation.
For newbies, here's a glossary: http://www.xenu-directory.net/glossary/glossary_a.htm

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:08 am

Leaving Scientology: Practical advice. Part III.

If you were lucky to acquire a job experience before you joined Sea Org, the best option for you is to return to your old job. However, many ex-Scientologists had joined Sea Org before having a job in real world, which puts them at disadvantage.
Fortunately, your situation is not desperate as you might think, there are several positions readily available.

1. Taxi cab driver.
This job is always in demand; usually, the company owners do not ask for referrals.
Rather than applying for the job after leaving Sea Org, you could use a different approach -- you can moonlight while working for CoS. This may come as a surprise to you, but I met many Sea Org members who were moonlighting, even though it is prohibited. Actually, I could have joined their ranks if I wanted to, but I was planning to stay in Sea Org for no more than 5 months (my plan was to reach Level 5 pronto, then leave Sea Org; my recruiters promised me to put me on a fast student track, but it never happened).

Most Org have the last roll call at 5:PM, after that you could work for a local taxi company. Your stats will crash, but you don’t care about that -- you will be leaving the hated Org soon. This strategy will help you to put some money on the bank account prior to your departure from Sea Org.

2. Mover. The job description is simple -- to carry furniture from a track to an apartment or vice versa.
If you’re a man and you’re physically fit, this job is for you. The company owners usually do not ask for referrals, but they might ask you to undergo a physical exam.
You can also start this job while working for Sea Org.

3. Home attendant.
This job is for the women, although some agencies also hire the men. You have to complete a 2-week course geared towards the home attendant certificate. You can start working on your certificate while you’re in Sea Org.

4. I think the title of this job is “hotel mate“. You will be making beds and cleaning rooms in hotels.
I’m not sure if you can get this job in Los Angeles at the first try, but if you live in Florida, this position might be in your future, at least temporary.

5.“Shoe salesperson”
It is not just shoe salesperson, in many areas small stores are in need of sales personnel. Everything depends on economic conditions and geographical area.

6. The other jobs depend on geographical areas.
You can spot these jobs in Help Wanted sections of local newspapers. Make sure you spot them when you’re still in Sea Org.

To be continued.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Leaving Scientology: Practical advice. Part IV.

To steal or not to steal?
Stealing from fellow Sea Org members is a bad thing, no doubt about that. But what about stealing from the Devil; I mean CoS? This is the right thing to do -- you are recovering the money that were not paid to you for all the hard work that you’ve done for CoS. You need to put some money on your banking account before you leave Se Org for good.

1. Stealing golden OT pins and other things made out of gold.
If you have access to those things, do not hesitate to appropriate them. Gold is a hot commodity now, a lot of small and middle-size jewelry stores will be happy to buy it from you, no questions asked. You can find the gold at Scientology stores located in Big Blue and other Scientology buildings. If you know how to pick locks, you can get in. My advice is to have an accomplice because somebody should be on a lookout. The best time for a break-in is between 3:AM and 5:AM.

2. Stealing e-meters (I tried to steal one but failed).
The best place to steal e-meter from is an LRH office. But you have to know how to sell them, too; otherwise, you will get caught.
If you hang out with e-meter near a classroom, the security guards will catch you.
This is a right way to do it -- contact a registrar and tell them that you work for a Sales Org or something like that. Offer them some money, say $ 20, for a list of students who recently begun the Bridge courses; the list should have the students’ phone numbers. Start calling the students from a STREET PHONE and tell them that Sales Org has a time-sensitive offer to sell e-meters for a price that is 30% lower than current market price. Offer them to deliver e-meter to their residences. If they are hesitant to have a meeting with you at their place, arrange a meeting at a nearby café. Tell them that you started working for Sales Org recently, so you don’t have an office where you could meet them. Also tell them in advance that you can accept cash only. Promise them that you will give them an opportunity to test the e-meter before purchase, and when you meet them let them test the device. If they ask you why you’re not accepting credit card payment, tell them that this is for their protection -- the bank files with credit card numbers had been hacked and the bank programmers have not put new firewalls and tested them yet.

3. Stealing laptops.
You need an accomplice to steal laptops late at night between 3:AM and 5:AM.
This may not work after all because you need a crook with hacking skills to buy the laptops from you (he has to bypass the password). Do some Internet search and you may find this type of crooks in your area, only after meeting such person and discussing the purchase details with him begin your appropriation efforts.

4. Stealing computers.
There is a lot of risk involved in this theft because the security guards could catch you in the act; this is not something that I would attempt. However, if you have a van and someone can open a Big Blue gate for you, go for it.

5. Stealing cars.
Top-level CoS executives have company cars. Do not sell their cars to used cars companies, you could get caught. Instead, sell those cars to the vultures (they disassemble cars).
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Remember Daniel Montalvo took a hard drive and was charged with a theft of "thousands of dollars." *
I can't recommend anyone take a risk like that. If the escapee is caught, it makes CoS look like the poor little victim. I do think people leaving Sea Org should just laugh when they get their freeloader bill, which is unenforceable.

* http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/03/08/34721.htm

alienist

Post by alienist » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:08 am

Your doubts are valid. What's true for you is true for you.

Do you feel like you are only valued for your money or slave labor? It must be true!
Take away the supernatural, and what remains is the unnatural.
-G.K. Chesterton

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:06 am

When you are undergoing a confessional/security check (sec check) and the not auditor asks a question you don't wish to answer, say, "That's none of your business." They'll repeat the question. That's fine. Just repeat the answer, "That's none of your business." Eventually your needle will float and they'll have to stop asking or squirrel the tech.
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 pm

You are an owner of a small or medium-size company. You are under constant pressure to donate money to the Church of Scientology. They keep saying, ”Gime, gime your money!” But how much money you can give? If you give 10% of the gross income, you’ll survive and may even be able to expand your company. But if you give more than 30%, you will not survive. Between 20% and 30%, you will barely survive and won’t be able to expand.

Now, if they let you donate 10% of the income, you will be expanding and donating more and more. But the idiots do not understand that, they want to squeeze all your money out of you today without thinking about the future.

What if you refuse to donate? Then you might get yourself in trouble, which may lead to the SP declare. But for a smart businessman or businesswoman the company’s financial health is more important than donations to uncertain cause.

The cause is uncertain because you are donating towards clearing of the planet. But, according to CoS statistics, only 380 Clears were produced in the USA in 2012. The US population is approximately 320 million, and it is growing at a rate much faster than 380 persons per year. The expression is, “a drop in the bucket”. But 380 individuals is more like a drop in the Ocean.

It could happen that they refuse to move you up the Bridge if you refuse to donate $$$ to their cause. Now, what happens in a business world if a supplier of parts suddenly increases the price of supplies or even refuses to sell the materials? I think you already know the answer -- a firm will be looking for a new supplier if there is such on the market.

There are several independent suppliers of Dianetics and OT auditing on the market -- the Indies, Freezoners, etc. Their prices are much lower than the CoS prices. What about quality of their auditing? Their auditors received CoS training, so they are just as good, or bad, as CoS auditors.

Choosing auditing outside CoS should be nothing more than a business decision for you; it involves no sentiment and no loyalty.

When I was a Scientologist, I wanted to reach Level 5 and then continue Dianetics research on my own. I knew that the SP declare was imminent, but I did not give a rat ass. I was disloyal to the church because its objectives disagreed with my objectives; I always thought that the first dynamic is the most important one, together with the second dynamic it greatly outweights dynamics 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (I had no idea what dynamic 8 is, and was in no hurry to find out).
L. Ron Hubbard

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Now that you are here reading all this 'entheta' you could be in serious trouble with your org.

They will have you on the e-meter at some point and pull your withhold. Then you'll be off to see
the ethics officer (EO). What follows will cost you time and money.

There is a way to get out of all that, though. All you need to do is go find the Religious Technology
Center (RTC) site and report everything you have found here. Then when your involvement here
comes up you will have covered your ass and can say that you filed a knowledge report about
everything to RTC. No amends, no lower conditions, no further security checks (sec checks) and
no meeting with the EO will be necessary.

You should keep a copy of your report. You should do that with RTC every time you lurk here or
at another entheta web site. That will allow you to lurk all you want and stay in good standing
with the org. Mind you at some time staff members may use your lurking on the web as a reason
for raising your various statuses with regard to the international association of scientologists (IAS)
and your ideal org, among other things.

The other choice you have, is you can leave Scientology. Just walk away. It's not all that hard to do
if you're not in a locked up base such as higher level sea org staff members. If you need some help
when you leave, connect with the people from whom you have disconnected. You will probably be
very surprised that they will be very happy to hear from you and will want to help you. You can also
phone 1-866-XSEAORG (1-866-973-2674). The people who answer the number will probably help you
even it you haven't been in the sea org.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 pm

When I was involved in Scientology or as Tory says, "in," I reported xenu.net and this message board
to RTC. I also reported several sites that had the OT III materials. At the local org I expressed outrage
that the office of special affairs (OSA), previously the guardian's office (GO), had allowed such things
to get away from Scientology and be made publicly available on the internet. Telling the people involved
as well as the sea org missionaries that I had reported all these things to RTC kept them from doing
anything to me in the way of ethics handling. I had done my duty, per policy. I had filed a knowledge
report so I couldn't possibly be an accessory.

Looking back at my action of reporting all these nasty internet goings on was actually really laughable.
I mean I really actually expected that RTC and OSA would do something effective about it all. That was
more than ten years ago and look. You're here reading my words right now, so this message board is still
here. So is xenu.net. None of the OT materials that have been made available on the internet have been
removed. There are more 'entheta' web sites and forums now that there ever have been.

I think they changed the name from guardian's office to office of special affairs because that little part of
the scientology organization can't effectively guard anything. It couldn't stop me from being harassed when
I was out in the street getting people to come in to do a test. It couldn't stop people from leaving scientology
and telling their stories about it and it can't stop the truth of what goes on in upper management and in places
like Gold Base in Hemet, California.

So, Scientologist lurking here, welcome to the Bake.
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

You are a public Scientologist. You are planning to go OT in a near future.
In his book, A History of Man, LRH listed several OT abilities, including telekinesis and teleportation.

If I show you a black box and say, “This device will enable you with the telekinetic ability and with the ability to teleport yourself to any place in the universe. Its cost is $500,000”. Would you buy this box from me without asking to demonstrate its powers? I do not think so. You are a smart person, not a sucker.

Getting to the OT 8 level would cost you approximately $500,000. But your auditors do not promise you that you will obtain any specific ability. Moreover, people who have reached OT levels are prohibited from demonstrating their purported abilities. You could ask the registrars to show you Hubbard tapes with the demonstrations of his wonderful OT powers. But they will tell you that such tapes do not exist.

In effect you’re buying a black Scientology box without knowing what it would do for you.
Frankly, I would buy this box for $10. But paying $500,000 for it does not seem like a good bargain.
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:28 pm

The word “Scientology” is derived from the word “science”. Let’s see how scientific Scientology is.

In Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures LRH said that the track stretches for more than 100 trillion years. But the astrophysicists have determined that the age of our universe is 13.6 billion years. Apparently, there is a disagreement between the LRH estimate and the scientific data. Whom would you trust?

As an astrophysicist, LRH is not known outside Scientology because he did not publish a single article on astrophysics; his estimation of the age of the universe is not based on empirical data; he did not even bother to explain the basis of his estimate. This is not how science works.

I could give more examples of Hubbard’s pseudo-scientific ideas, but I want you to pause for a moment and think about what you just read.
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:26 am

I’m sure you have noticed that LRH contradicted himself of numerous occasions.

For example, in his book, A History of Man, he made 3 mutually exclusive statements: 1 The thetan is located inside the body; 2. The thetan is located outside the body; 3. Part of the thean is inside the body and part -- outside the body.

I can see at least 3 possible explanations of the LRH contradictions:

1. Being a liar, LRH had a short memory when he was spreading his lies.

2. LRH was gravely mentally ill and hallucinating.
As you might know, a hallucination frequently changes its content.

3. LRH wanted his followers to believe in contradictory things because this was a vital part of his brainwashing technique.

I’m sure that you can offer other explanations of the “LRH contradiction phenomenon” none of which are good.
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:23 pm

As you may know, some Sea Org members and staff members have left the Church after decades of dedicated service and turned against it. What is the cause of their hostility? LRH provided two explanations of their anti-Scientology behavior:

1. These people have too many misunderstood words which prevent them from fully understanding the Scientology doctrine.
When someone like me turns against Scientology after 2-year involvement in it (I spent 6 months in Sea Org, 4 months getting to Level 0, and the rest of the time passively involved with the Church without taking any courses), the explanations is that we have tons of MUs. Let’s assume that this is true.

But the people who spent decades promoting Scientology did not have MU’s when they were on Hubbard’s and Miscavige’s side. Then all of sudden they became besieged with the MUs. But that sounds ridiculous, don’t you think? These people were using the Tech correctly all those years when they were in. Why would they, for no apparent reason, start accumulating misunderstood words?

Perhaps, they turned against Scientology because they did not have MU’s and became able to see clearly that the Tech does not work.

2. These people committed all kinds of crimes in their past lives.
But Dianetics should have been able to take care of that by bringing them to the Clear level --LRH wrote that the Clears are the most ethical people on the planet. Does this mean that something is wrong with Dianetics auditing?
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm

You are an OT. You know the LRH version of events that happen on Earth 75 million years ago. But just because LRH says so, it does not mean that certain things happened the way he describes them. You need some kind of proof before you accept his version of the Earth history -- after all Scientology is a branch of science, which means that it is based on empirical data like any other scientific field.

What kind of data would confirm the LRH story? There is only one kind, which shows the existence of implant stations.

1. LRH wrote that some implant stations are located on Earth high in the mountains.
Why these stations were not discovered? The first explanation that comes to mind is that no one was looking for them. True, no one would climb a mountain in search of an implant station if he does not know its exact locations. But their locations are easy to pinpoint -- they are the sources of extremely strong electromagnetic fields which are used to pull the thetans to the implant stations. Such electromagnetic anomalies are easy to detect by military radars. But so far there are no reports on unidentified sources of electromagnetic radiation on Earth.

2. LRH wrote that some implant stations are located on several solar system planets (Mars, Venus, etc).
If he is right, these planets are the sources of extremely strong electromagnetic fields that far exceed the background cosmic radiation. However, no such sources have been discovered.

Based on the current scientific data, we come to inevitable conclusion that the implant stations do not exist. It is always beneficial to have science on your side because it helps rule out false hypotheses.
L. Ron Hubbard

Return to “Opinions & Debate”