Tom Cruise's secret Scientology video hits the web

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
JonDoe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by JonDoe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:29 am

Videos this good do not come out very often, and the timing is excellent for distribution. Alert, you say there are more?

Xenu smiles upon us this day. :-p
Last edited by JonDoe on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM.
His words are lies.
His tail is fluffy.

Prufrock
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:36 am

A little more than half way through he says that SPs won't even come up to him or do anything in his vacinity. Sure they don't, Tommy. What would you call this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCdK25VAhq4

That cheesy voiceover at the end of the video proudly states, "Tom Cruise has introduced LRH technology to over 1 billion people of earth." It's more accurate to say he's inoculated over 1 billion people of earth against $cientology through his batshit crazy behavior. Good going Tom!
Last edited by Prufrock on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Just think, I turned to a cult for mindless happiness when I had beer all along." - Homer Simpson

"$cientology must be the only church without a religion." - Peter Schilte f.k.a. Navy

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:48 am

Prufrock wrote:A little more than half way through he says that SPs won't even come up to him or do anything in his vacinity. Sure they don't, Tommy. What would you call this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCdK25VAhq4

You were reading my mind. ;). That's the exact same "SP moment" that came to me too the moment he said that.

Morsicle

Post by Morsicle » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:20 am

Eight minutes and fifty seven seconds of diarrhea. Did he say ANYTHING? Anything at all? He talked about all the help he gives. What help? Who has he helped? Where are the schools or the hospitals or the charities?

This is the madness that’s created in an individual, when one adheres to a nutball flying-saucer cult, with a bizarre cosmology about Xenu and Body Thetans, and tries to explain it as being “IT.” But he never says what *IT* is. Well, *what* is IT? He never says. Just 8:57 seconds of idocy.
"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period."

-[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/penthouse-LRonHubbardJr-interview-1983.htm]L. Ron Hubbard Jr[/url].

Morsicle

Post by Morsicle » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:39 am

You see, here’s what’s driving the poor cult front monkey mad. And frankly, it would drive *anyone* mad: He has to spend 9 minutes talking about something, but he *can’t* say what that something really is.

I’m picturing if I had to do a 9 minute promo for Christianity, but I wasn’t allowed to tell the listeners that at it’s core is a theology which rests on the death and resurrection of an individual as the means of spiritual salvation. Well, about all I could do would be to essentially say “it works because it works and it helps people.” I mean what else could I say?

Fortunately, I can start right out with the core theology as the *first* thing I would say, and if they walk then let them walk. And many would think that *I* was a poor cult front monkey, but at least I’d be an HONEST poor cult front monkey

Here the poor man KNOWS that the whole thing rests on a cosmology about space-aliens, and yet he *can’t* say it!!

There is an old slogan, You’re only as sick as your secrets
"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period."

-[url=http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/penthouse-LRonHubbardJr-interview-1983.htm]L. Ron Hubbard Jr[/url].

pelagic

Post by pelagic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:54 am

Thanks for finding that, I think. I didn't spontaneously stand up, clapping and cheering at the end.

Its also annoying not being able to see who he is talking to. At least I got the impression someone was there. And all the pauses....he....or she..... And he looks just about everywhere but not much at the camera.

Would only be about two minutes if he got on with it. When you do something Tom, just do it! Stop messing around.

entheta

Post by entheta » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:07 am

Just past the middle of that video, he says something like "I wish the world was a different place... I wish I could go on vacation... and just romp and play..."

2 responses come to mind:

A: the world IS a different place, Tom... YOU CAN GO ON VACATION AND ROMP AND PLAY ALL YOU WANT. WHAT'S STOPPING YOU? IS IT YOUR CHURCH??? MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM, TOM.

B: All potential Scientologists should take note of that statement. Here's a guy with more money and fame and good looks than just about anybody else on this planet... and he can't go on vacation? can't romp and play? What the hell good is a church that produces that situation?

Thank Gawd I'll never have "wins" like that ...
Last edited by entheta on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]C[/b]annot
[b]U[/b]nderstand
[b]L[/b]ogical
[b]T[/b]hinking

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:09 am

This small excerpt is now in the hands of Australian Media and will de shown on National Television at some stage. Could be tomorrow, could be the next, could be Friday.

I will share the date of the airing of this footage with y'all, within hours.

Scientology has for far too long been destroying peoples lives with 'scientology ethics' and 'KSW'.

Media have also recieved both policies with the link to the video.

Even if the cult have the video yanked, it's now too late because Media are like people who know about the cult. They save stuff to disc.

P.S. John Doe, the clip you see is only 1 of many more from the DVD, apparentlly, so a little birdy at the window tells me, as he was drying off. :D

*fills the bird bath with champaign*
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

JonDoe

Post by JonDoe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:36 am

'Alert' wrote:P.S. John Doe, the clip you see is only 1 of many more from the DVD, apparentlly, so a little birdy at the window tells me, as he was drying off. :D
Homer Simpson style: Woo Hoo!
'Alert' wrote: *fills the bird bath with champaign*
My fingers are crossed. This could definitely feed the sh**storm Mortons book rains on them.
DM.
His words are lies.
His tail is fluffy.

SgtAl

Post by SgtAl » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:37 am

I saved a copy. It's out there now and the cult cant do anything to keep it from popping up anytime anywhere on the web.
It just goes to show how a barely literate egomaniac can be manipulated into believing that he's saving the world when he's surrounded by people stroking his ego.
“I met L. Ron Hubbard on two occasions, and both times he was drunk.” James Randi

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:50 am

But it gets better, theres even more footage apparently.
Yes, there's more. There were several clips before that one. In one of those he said an interviewer had asked him to tell about himself and he said, "I'm a scientologist." Then the interviewer said but to tell something about him and do on. Anyway he went through that saying, "I'm a scientologist." Wait until you see it.

I'm sure now that this is out there the rest will be soon (for a short time.)

Oh, yes, there's also the presentation of his medal, his acceptance speech and his salute to the Chairman of the Board - (no not Frank Sinatra, sorry.)

I would have liked to have seen the whole thing but this is major.

:dancing7up:

At the time this event was shown, everyone was called back to see it a second time, and the 'org' wanted everyone back for a third viewing, but I passed. In addition to that we were asked to bring in as many raw public as possible to see it. I bring up that in case someone from the so called church says that it's not for showing to the public at large.

Right after that event was over, copies of the Keeping sceintology Working policy were handed out to everyone in attendance. There was talk of 'star-rating' it, 'method nine's' and clay demos. It's funny but no one gave those ideas three cheers.

Also right after that the pressure on 'public' scientolgists to 'get involved' was increased. Of course, this always means scut work - working on the folders in central files, cleaning the org, handing out promotional pieces or distributing them door to door and that kind of thing.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:53 am

Sorry. I got so excited I posted before I read Alert's post about this going to the media. Way to go Alert! Man what a way to start 2008!
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

JonDoe

Post by JonDoe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:53 am

Below are instructions to save a video to hard drive. I make no specific suggestions on how anyone uses it.

Step 1: Get Firefox.(Haven't you done this yet? Come on...)

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Step 2: Install this add-on

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Step 3: Load the page with the video. You'll see a 'Download Helper' to the right of your address bar. Save the video to your desktop, then close the tab and the download will begin.

The file will be in .flv format. You can download a player here.

http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/flv-player/
DM.
His words are lies.
His tail is fluffy.

SomebodyElse

Post by SomebodyElse » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:10 am

Youtube version down, DailyMotion still good.
The Truth of [url=http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com]Scientology[/url]

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:21 am

SomebodyElse wrote:Youtube version down, DailyMotion still good.
Ahhhhhh, but how many youtubes of this arent tagged for the search?
:twisted:

Same goes for GoogleVideo.

"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

Return to “Opinions & Debate”