Tom Cruise's secret Scientology video hits the web

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
serenitynow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by serenitynow » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:45 pm

I had to pop back in and comment-

This video has people in my Art class busting a gut! I had told a couple of people I used to be a Scientologist, and then the video hit the net and the kids in the class couldn't get enough of asking me about it. I told them yes, in Scientology celebrities are like superheroes to the followers and yes, what Cruise said would be considered normal to most Scientologists. It was kind of embarrassing until the professor pointed out that the smart ones are the first to leave, which had me stopping from ducking my head under the desk.

I can positively tell you that of the 26 kids in that class, and the professor too, none will become Scientologists.

Of all those 2 billion people Tom Cruise has exposed to Scientology, I hope the C of S realizes that most all of them think it's a loony cult.

Serenity Now
"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."- Joseph Campbell

WhiteTrashMessiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:13 pm

serenitynow wrote:I can positively tell you that of the 26 kids in that class, and the professor too, none will become Scientologists.
That is EXCELLENT news, SN. it's also a cue to other ex-Scientologists that they don't need to hide their heads, that they now have a mission and a function to perform, I think.

That function is to use what they've learned between being "in" and now being "out" of the dangers, manipulation and dirty tricks of Scientology. I think that all Scientologists, on leaving, had their eyes opened to truths. those truths should be shared with those who are even entertaining the idea of "looking into" Scientology. There's an old saying; "Forewarned is forearmed". the more you and others like you can help inoculate people against the hard sell of the cult, the better off the world will be. The better off people's lives will be. Show what the transition was like. Show how you came to know what a scam the whole thing was.

To these kids in your class you are a kind of hero. Don't let them down... Take the lead, put their search of information first and foremost, help them really understand what the score is, and I'm sure you'll find a real sense of fulfillment, accomplishment and through that, happiness.

Good job, SN
MAYHEM. MUTINY. ENTURBULATION.

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

rickybobbybabyjesus

Post by rickybobbybabyjesus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:32 pm

I would hate for any scientology follower to feel dumb for being taken in.

there was a time I remember this wierd guy ( he came off wierd to me ) tried his hardest to get me to come in for a free personality test and stuff.

I worked with him and he seemed friendly enough so I talked with him alot, and tried to befriend him.

there was a few things I noticed about him.

He was highly intelligent. we worked at an ISP and he was good at what he did.

You couldn't really be friends with him more then friendly because as nice as he was, he would constantly try and convert me and I knew next to nothing about any of this stuff and I still thought he was crazy. nice but crazy. but he constantly tried to sell me crazy.

He ended up getting fired for being late, which sucked. I liked the guy. but I hope if he ever gets out that He wouldn't feel stupid. I don't think he was. we all want to believe something bigger then ourselves. that comes in all shapes and sizes.
Magoo likes cats. I give you lazer cat.

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:37 am

Ricki---

I've met with Academics who have studied, in depth, CULTS. One key thing they say is that most people in cults are often very smart. Being smart or not isn't the issue.

As they say: ANYONE can get suckered into a cult, IF you're at the wrong
place, at the wrong time.

Now---------thanks to TONS of X-Scientologists and Critics creating Web sites like Andreas has----many thousands of people, actually millions can type in
"Scientology" and read their hype, and the critics facts about Scientology.

That is a luxury many of us, years ago, didn't have. So finding out the truth, was much different. Also, Scientology was MUCH different, years ago.
It actually was fun--believe it or not. I loved being a part of Scientology, for at least 20 years. The only bad part came from 1990-2000, for me.

Also, losing ALL of my 30 year "Friends' and husband of 27 years---well,
had I really faced there was a good chance that could happen, I would have never joined. However, here's the truth: When "in", you're SURE
YOU won't be one of those people! :roll:

ARGH!

Best to you, and all here! :wink:

Tory/Magoo~~~

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:09 pm

There may be some posters here who have joined since this thread happened and haven't seen it yet, so I'm bumping it.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

bird

Post by bird » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 am

Remember TC saying "we are the authorities" ad nauseum?

Here's what he had in mind. (if I can use the word "mind" here).

LRH wrote:
Ability, Issue 131, august 1961
Scientology's future

Authority belongs to those who can DO the task in any given field.

(...)

The psychologist could not change intelligence quotient or personality at will. The scientologist can. The psychologist could not restore sanity and happiness to the insane. The scientologist can. The medical doctor could not heal without consequence, when he could heal at all. The scientologist can.

(...)

Scientology will inherit the hospitals, the clinics, the asylums, the halls of learning where humanity was abused. Scientology will inherit the task of signposting man upon a better road.

Ther are only two reasons why this is so; they had their chance and did not do their job; we have our chance and are doing ours.

So do not blink when you ask your doctor, your psychiatrist, your savant in the humanities, and he says we are vile. Who has ever admired his own executioner?
But I'm sure Sue can explain how LRH didn't really say that scientology can replace the medical doctors and why it will inherit the hospitals.

After all, she's our own beloved troll and does what she has to do with authority.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”