Tom Cruise's secret Scientology video hits the web

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
WhiteTrashMessiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:32 pm

InitialsTC wrote:You should look closer to what CoS does to people (death), then, we'll see if you laugh.
If, after everything people have said here, you truly believe what you said above, you're either exceedingly dense, or you're a massive troll, doin' it for the lulz.

To others: the link I gave (and navy reposted) for the file I nabbed is in the .FLV format, so it's good to go anywhere ;)
MAYHEM. MUTINY. ENTURBULATION.

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

Wieber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:14 pm

On the DVD Tom Cruise said a lot more prior to what you saw on that clip. Then there's the sequence afterward in which David Miscavige gives him his medal, they pose for the photographer, and then Tom gives his speech after accepting the 'medal.' If the piece we just saw got out then it is only a matter of time until the rest of it gets shown. (Ah, the sword of Damocles looks very good over there for once.)

It seems to me that a lot of what Cruise says on the piece was either scripted or planned. It has the appearance of an interview with the questioner edited out, but it may just have been Tom Cruise doing a soliloquy and then having the pieces edited together. Right after this event the pressure increased significantly and might I say maniacally on public to do volunteer work for the 'org.'

If there is a musician with perfect pitch on the board, please, give us your analysis of the guitar track that played along with Tom during the presentation.

I divided the transcript into paragraphs based on where the transitions were on the video. At the end of each segment there is an audio clip, or sound byte, of a camera click and the screen fades to a bright sodium yellow and then back to normal lighting.

At the end of Tom's piece where the announcer speaks the theme music for Mission Impossible plays.

If anyone else has noted any details on the piece that strike you as having some significance, please, relate them in this thread.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Peter Schilte

Post by Peter Schilte » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:24 pm

Is this the picture?

Or this?

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM."
- L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

JonDoe

Post by JonDoe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:07 pm

There's a copy here that the publishers promise not to take down. Good find Rachel.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise-in ... o-suppress
DM.
His words are lies.
His tail is fluffy.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Navy, picture one is from the DVD; picture two was probably from a photograph taken during the event.

When the rest of the material from the DVD comes out you will see that after Miscavige gives out the medal, he and the recipient shake hands and look off camera. David holds the pose until he is satisfied with the photographer or gets a signal that the photographer is satisfied. You will see him give a slight nod of his head as a signal and then the event moves on to the next phase.

At the end of the piece that we are discussing here you can just hear applause beginning before the piece comes to an end. At the event in the 'org' that was our cue to give Tom a standing ovation. There were three or four people in the room who led those kinds of responses. The desired level of enthusiasm was not spontaneous.
Doris Lessing

WhiteTrashMessiah

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:17 pm

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

SCIE-NO-MO-

Post by SCIE-NO-MO- » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:31 pm

SgtAL wrote:
It just goes to show how a barely literate egomaniac can be manipulated into believing that he's saving the world when he's surrounded by people stroking his ego.

Every time you might be tempted to feel sorry for the guy and the humiliating embarrassment he is enduring you have to keep this in mind, he was an egomaniac in the first place. Waking up from any delusion can be very painful. Waking up from the delusions little MTP is in - Oouuuuuuch! Michael Jackson is saving the world's children by having milk and cookies with the little boys and TC is carrying the weight of planet Teeagenaek on his shoulders by making make-believe movies. Oh my!

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:46 pm

I couldn't see this as it was taken down. Good on finding it, Rachel!

Re
It seems to me that a lot of what Cruise says on the piece was either scripted or planned.
ALL "Wins" Are now either scripted, or have to be "Qual'd" first---since the late '90's, which is why they sound SO phony.
More in a bit---

Best to all,

Tory/Magoo~~~

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:00 pm

WhiteTrashMessiah, I love the picture. Please tolerate my juxtaposing the pictures together.

Doris Lessing

Dorthe

Post by Dorthe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Navy wrote:Is this the picture?

That's the one I was thinking of Navy, Thanks.

msnbc.com has the video clip at the beginning of the video
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 5#22664012

Dorthe

ladyhawke

Post by ladyhawke » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks Wieber! Wish I had looked on this thread before I had started transcribing it LOL :lol:

It was great to see the whole video. Wow ... this proves how far gone he is. :shock:

WhiteTrashMessiah

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Wieber wrote:WhiteTrashMessiah, I love the picture. Please tolerate my juxtaposing the pictures together.
The more lulz had at Scientology's expense, the merrier! Given that, I'll tolerate the pic comparison, if you tolerate my using your post as a springboard for some reflections! ;)

I'm sitting back now, reflecting on what just the last 48 hours have brought and wrought on the Scientology side of things.

Big shit going down all over. Major flaps, HILL 10! Thus, we've seen the distractions, the dances, the "dazzle 'em with brilliance on the one hand, baffle 'em with bullshit on the other" routine. Thing is, what's Scientology SO afraid of? What's going to come out in the wash here?

Two immediate (and obvious) things spring to mind for me; first, there's gonna be a LOT of dirty laundry coming out of the Morton book. It's a BOON for critics! So, ok... let's say that the Morton book isn't 100% factual... just from the excerpt that was posted, there's enough factual info in there on how the whole rig is run, that it's going to put a big crack in the mask Scientology offers to the public. Kind of like the mask that, when it slips, off the McDonald's franchise, shows the greedy, fat, bloated face of a corporate monster behind the happy, fun-time image of ol' Ronald McDonald.

People are going to start asking serious questions. Exactly what the "Church" doesn't want. Sooner, rather than later, people are actually going to ignore the focus of the book, that being Tommy, and instead start looking at the satellite issues; the RPF, DM's fits of rage, what REALLY happened in the passing of power from LRH to DM? A base with firearms, razor wire, 'inmates", slave labor, a lookout with snipers and brainwashing?

This is going to be one of the most explosive exposes of Scientology ever on multiple fronts.

The second thing that strikes me, is that one of the "tenets" of Scientology is going to come right around and bite them on the ass; STATS DON'T LIE (real stats that is). Numbers are part of the lifeblood of Scientology. Staff live to make the numbers "go right". This time though, it's going to be book sales and percentages that are going to be a very chilling "stat" for Scientology. Numbers that can be backed up.

Scientology, as we know, makes a lot of "claims"; 8mil members, fudged sales numbers for DMSMH, Criminon and Narconon "recovery" statistics, LRH's "glorious" history... Yet, when push comes to shove, they can't really prove a single one of them on paper that are verifiable.

This book is different. It will have verifiable numbers, sales stats, areas of high sales, the works.... Why is this significant? Because the numbers will show, conclusively, that people are getting wise to Scientology's "old hat" tricks (no puns were harmed in the preceding sentence). They'll show that people are looking for the truth, not just the party line. The numbers will show that people will want to know MORE and possibly act. Oh, and Gawd help 'em if someone in the capital, up on the hill, takes some real notice of the claims in that book. Especially if it's someone who Scientology has been trying to woo and they're on the fence about it... Wouldn't that make a delicious footbullet?

I'm grabbin' me the popcorn and watching Rome burn while Nero (DM) fiddles. And explodes with rage.

GreatSunJester

Post by GreatSunJester » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Oh come on -- Red Dwarf is CLASSIC! Not like DM and TC.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322854,00.html

Looks like TC is the greatest asset any SP could ever want.
In Search of... a new sig!

lesleyannf

Post by lesleyannf » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:13 pm

One thing that has really annoyed me is the way he's suggesting that if you're in a car crash - the only people that can help you are Scientologists. Screw the Doctors! They can only save your life! Screw the Fire Department and the Emergency Services! They can only cut you out of a battered car! No, what you need when you're in mortal peril is a Scientologist!!

Pile of Pish if you ask me.

Plus, judging by those pictures, DM must be really very tiny if even Tom Cruise towers over him!!
Cleanliness is essential when Godliness is improbable

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:24 pm

"Get out of the way, you paramedics with your defibrillator, your bandages, your tourniquets and your gurney! Get out of the way you firefighters with your jaws of life and your extrication equipment! I am a SCIENTOLOGIST! And I am the only one who has what is needed here! My index finger! The command is, 'Feel my finger. First we will word clear the command. What does the word, 'feel' mean? . . . "
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”