Shawn Lonsdale Found dead

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
whatntha

Post by whatntha » Sat May 03, 2008 3:28 pm

Magitad, I think that Shawn was fair gamed by the cult too. I admired Shawn for protesting Clearwater all by himself and Shawn’s memory will always inspire me to continue the good fight against the cult of $cientology.

whatntha

Post by whatntha » Sat May 03, 2008 3:32 pm

moontaco wrote:For people who don't visit Media Reports regularly...Desert Rain posted a link today to an article that says the police have ruled Shawn's death a suicide. The article talks about his suicide notes and how depressed he was. You can find it here.
Since my post ended up at the top of the page, I wanted to post the news article here.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Sat May 03, 2008 3:34 pm

"if you really loved me, you would kill yourself and thus
save me further bother with you."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FROM THE FILES OF THE FBI #105

[newspaper article, undated; probably Kansas Beacon, Wichita,
Kansas, May 4, 1951; badly xeroxed]

[illegible title word] FOR DIVORCE

L. Ron Hubbard, founder of dianetics, a new mental science designed
to help the individual "control" his environment, has found that
his own marital and domestic affairs have gotten out of control.

Hubbard, who recently established his foundation's national
headquarters here at 211 West Douglas, has been sued for divorce by
his wife, Sara, and accused of conspiring to hide her baby from
her.

Mrs. Hubbard recently filed a nine-page petition with a Los
Angeles, Calif., court, stating that she
had not seen the child, Alexis Valorie, [sic] 13 months old, since
the child was taken from her nursery on February 23.

The 25-year-old Mrs. Hubbard stated in the petition that Frank B.
Dessler, 39, an executive of the Los Angeles branch of the Hubbard
Dianetics Foundation; Richard B. de Mille, identified as the
29-year-old son of Film Director Cecil B. de Mille, and her husband
had conspired to kidnap the baby.

After taking the baby, the three men returned and ordered her into
an automobile, while she was clad only in a nightgown, according to
Mrs. Hubbard. She stated that De Mille drove the car and her
husband subdued her with a "hammerlock, causing strangulation and
preventing an outcry." The two men drove her to Yuma, Ariz., she
said.

Mrs. Hubbard claimed in the petition that her husband told her she
would never see her baby again and that "if you really loved me,
you would kill yourself and thus save me further bother with you."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Giggles

Post by Giggles » Sat May 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Sponge wrote:Repost of my vids:
Shawn Lonsdale R.I.P. - Cultwatch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX31iqIcZTw
John Sweeney (BBC) on Shawn Lonsdale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDHXu1PjoRA
Bump these up on YouTube. Rate 5/comment/favorite.
Done!
Check out my videos.......
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gigglesvids

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Sun May 04, 2008 5:03 am

whatntha wrote:Magitad, I think that Shawn was fair gamed by the cult too.
I agree, but I think "think that Shawn was fair gamed" is too light. He -WAS- Fair Gamed! If there's ever been a case that they indeed DO fair game, it's Shawn.

On the BBC, Tommy Davis, ON CAMERA, THE BBC'S CAMERA!!!!, the guy whips out a sheet of paper showing all Shawn's past transgressions. If that ain't fair game, the sky ain't up!

(I'm not picking on you, Magitad, :) I know we're on the same page. I'm just fired up about the fact that $cilons swear up and down fair game doesn't happen, but they did it right there on the BBC! No matter what they do, they can't argue that.)
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

magitad

Post by magitad » Sun May 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Simonymous wrote:
whatntha wrote:Magitad, I think that Shawn was fair gamed by the cult too.
I agree, but I think "think that Shawn was fair gamed" is too light. He -WAS- Fair Gamed! If there's ever been a case that they indeed DO fair game, it's Shawn.

On the BBC, Tommy Davis, ON CAMERA, THE BBC'S CAMERA!!!!, the guy whips out a sheet of paper showing all Shawn's past transgressions. If that ain't fair game, the sky ain't up!

(I'm not picking on you, Magitad, :) I know we're on the same page. I'm just fired up about the fact that $cilons swear up and down fair game doesn't happen, but they did it right there on the BBC! No matter what they do, they can't argue that.)

He wasn't just Fair Gamed, either; he was Fair Gamed to death.

He was Fair Gamed to one of the two desired conclusions [End Products?] of the whole process of Fair Game: Silence or death.
-maggie, human being

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon May 05, 2008 1:29 am

What time do the courts open in the morning? Anyone over there going to go get a copy of the coroners report (which should include the "suicide note")?

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Mon May 05, 2008 1:59 am

FACTOID:
in 1994 scientology was criminally indicted for, among other things, simulation of a felony, and inducement to suicide, in Spain LINK
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon May 05, 2008 2:14 am

lermanet_com wrote:FACTOID:
in 1994 scientology was criminally indicted for, among other things, simulation of a felony, and inducement to suicide, in Spain LINK
Nice picture:
source: AP/lermanet.com

I'd love to see DM wearing some ironmongery like that someday.

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Mon May 05, 2008 3:08 am

Sponge wrote:What time do the courts open in the morning? Anyone over there going to go get a copy of the coroners report (which should include the "suicide note")?
I think what everyone is calling the coroner's report is the autopsy report. At the coroner's office they had taken my name and address so they could send me what they referred to as the coroner's report. In yesterday's mail I got the autopsy report, which I assume is the same thing. It doesn't have anything but autopsy examination notes, test results, and findings. (In other words, nothing is included that doesn't relate specifically to the autopsy.)

The suicide notes may be in the case file, which I understand Arnie is getting a copy of (and probably a few other critics, too).

The autopsy report is interesting, but of course I'm not in that field and there is a lot of stuff that doesn't mean much to me. One thing I can say is that it doesn't give an estimated time of death. The report describes features of decomposition but doesn't arrive at a conclusion about how long he'd probably been dead.

The carbon monoxide level in his chest fluid was greater than 61%. The chest fluid also contained ethanol (0.213 g/dl), but nothing is said about what that means: for instance, was he drunk? I have found a couple of references online to decomposition producing ethanol in chest fluid, so that may be what it's from.

The report also says his blood was cherry red (which is typical of carbon monoxide poisoning) and that he had pulmonary anthracosis, which seems to be a soot-like material in the lungs.

I'm sure there will be much more info in the case file, and as more people read that and the autopsy report, we'll hopefully start to get more informed commentary on what it all means, and whether there are any holes or inconsistencies.

marlysfan

Post by marlysfan » Sat May 17, 2008 5:32 am

Thanks for the new info, moontaco. Is there any way you can scan and post the report? I'd like to read it. That is, unless to do so would compromise your anonymity, or otherwise cause you trouble.

And I looked up the ethanol thingy...couldn't find much more than you did. The ethanol level is kind of like a BAC and-0.213 is quite a bit, almost thrice the legal limit. But, as you pointed out, there are several mitigating factors that can affect ethanol levels in a body post-mortem.

We need more answers. No doubt about it.

L

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Sun May 18, 2008 4:54 am

We got them but there was no suicide note

In a zip file here

http://www.lermanet.com/persecution/lonsdale/shawn.zip
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Sun May 18, 2008 6:24 am

Thank you for posting that, Arnie.

The papers said the suicide note said he was "broke, depressed, and he thought he was wasting his time here."

Shawn, there's no way you can read this, but dude, your time was so NOT WASTED. You're a hero, hero to many people who needed you, needed you to speak up and speak out for those who could not.

You will never be forgotten.
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

CD_label

Post by CD_label » Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 am

I've said it before, and I say it again.

Regardless of the Church's legal responsibility, morally, they are responsible for his death. Even when they had harassed Shawn into silence it was not enough. To keep fair gaming him when he was broke and beaten, is nothing short of murder by suicide. Shawn's blood is on their hands, and if there is a God in Heaven, they will be judged for this.

magitad

Post by magitad » Sun May 18, 2008 1:28 pm

lermanet_com wrote:We got them but there was no suicide note

In a zip file here

http://www.lermanet.com/persecution/lonsdale/shawn.zip
Thanks for posting this, Arnie.

These records indicate there was more than one suicide note.
Gotta wonder who they were written to.

I hope he wrote one to DM.

So, since you have received these records, does that mean the investigation is closed?

So, once again, Scn, Inc. can contribute to a death and not take respnosibility?
-maggie, human being

Return to “Opinions & Debate”