Shawn Lonsdale Found dead

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:36 pm

/////

Rest in peace our friend. You live on in our hearts.

/////
Last edited by J. Swift on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:36 pm

RIP my friend Shawn.

Like every other critic, I do not accept for one second that Shawn's death was a suicide. In 2006 and 2007, Shawn was Scientology's number one enemy. Shawn was persistent in his long-term investigation of the Cult of Scientology. I wonder if Shawn, given his legendary persistence and determination, found some dirt on Scientology? People in Clearwater knew Shawn and told him what they knew about Scientology. What if he found Battle Plans to be used against Anonymous while on one of his midnight walks? There are 100 what if's. What we do know is that Fair Game is real and that Shawn's death, and the last few weeks of his life, need to be investigated. We remember Lisa McPherson and want an honest investigation this time: We want the truth this time.

Shawn had been interviewed in late 2007 by John Sweeney of the BBC. Tommy Davis of Scientology's Office of Special Affairs (OSA) ambushed the interview and read Shawn's arrest record aloud for the cameras:

Shawn's record had some very minor drug and sex offenses on it. So what? Shawn had paid his debt to society and got on with his life. Shawn freely admitted to his past mistakes and did not give into Tommy Davis' sleazy Scientology tactics to blackmail him into silence. I just gotta say to Anne Archer: The world needs to know once again that your son Tommy Davis is cheap Scientology thug.

Shawn did not react to Tommy's provocations and instead wryly asked Tommy if Scientology could help him. People could not rattle Shawn. He was unflappable and courageous as he exposed Scientology. Shawn pushed the Cult of Scientology to its breaking point all by himself with virtually no money, a video camera, and the internet. The Cult had lawyers all over him and still he did not waver in his commitment.

Given the demonstrated connections between Clearwater PD and CoS as well as the current global PR siege against Scientology, the FBI should investigate Shawn's death. The Church of Scientology basically owns Clearwater PD due to its undue influence over the department. We remember Lisa McPherson and want an honest investigation this time: We want the truth this time.

/////
Last edited by J. Swift on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 am, edited 9 times in total.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

non-sense

Post by non-sense » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:39 pm

In shock also. Just a lurker but kept up with his story here and considered him a hero. Talked often about him with my family and sent him cards of thanks over a year ago. I thought we didn't hear from him because he was doing ok. Why didn't he contact us? Why? :cry:

Benny's Friend

Post by Benny's Friend » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Certainly in light of former OSA Mike McClaury's taped confessions (viewtopic.php?t=25633), it isn't a huge leap to suspect foul play.

My sincere condolences to Shawn's friends and family.

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 pm

I"m not afriad to tell you I am in tears over this. I pray with all I have Shawn is ok. I have spent hours tryint to get any info I can. I hate posting something in two places but right now I just am not up to redoing it.

...Hi everyone,

I have been on the net ane the phone since 9 am over this. I have
checked every online site I know of and no news about Shawn or anyone
for that matter hurting themselfs.
I have phoned each and every newspaper and tv station from Clearwater,
to St Pete to Tamba. I explained to them the story going around and
that after last weeks protest it might be something they would want to
look in to. Bay news 9 took lots of notes as they have done stories
on Shawn in the past.

But no one seem to know anything about this. At least one paper said
its almost unhead of for them not to know about it.

Keep your hopes up and your prayers going.

jerald

I don't know Shawn that well but we have talked in the past and there was a time he needed some advice and help. I have followed him over the past couple of years and understood why he took the time for himself he needed to.

I thought and think of Shawn as my friend. NO matter what hate site says what, no matter what flyers they put up. Shawn is a good man with a great heart who only wanted to help people. He risked all for what he belived in and I like and I respect him. If he is gone i will miss him and I will double my efforts against scientology to make up for the loss of this great person.

He was my friend and I will miss him. I learned a lot from him. I hope someday I can touch lives like Shawn has these past few years.

jerald

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:51 pm

This is really sad news...so sorry to those that knew him,and to those who admired his brave activities.The critics and Anonymous will no doubt re-double their efforts in light of this horrible news.
:(

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 am

I'm sure that John Sweeney/the BBC will be interested and saddened to hear about this.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:16 am

Arnie check your PM. There's a new one still in my outbox

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:22 am

I am so sorry to hear this news.

Rest easy, Shawn.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

PTS

Post by PTS » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:30 am

antiscn wrote:I'm sure that John Sweeney/the BBC will be interested and saddened to hear about this.
This is truly sad news and I am still having a hard time believing it.

Prior to the Panorama show, I received several PM's from someone who worked for the BBC, wanting info on the death of Katie De Cosin.
I have sent that person a PM regarding this matter about Shawn and have asked that the info be passed on to John Sweeney.

1SimpleAnon

Post by 1SimpleAnon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:40 am

Im truely sorry to see this news. I send my thoughts out to his family and friends.

Wammy's Girl

Post by Wammy's Girl » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am

My account was just approved today and I'm so, so saddened that my first post is about this.

I only just saw the Panorama documentary about a week ago and was so struck by Shawn, his bravery and determination and honesty, and so sickened by Tommy Davis and Spence (uggh!!!) swooping in the way they did to badmouth Shawn on TV. CREEPS.

I read the first thread last night and hoped that it was just a stupid prank. I was really not prepared to come home to this. I sincerely hope that this case does not get brushed aside by the Clearwater cops, because it is highly suspicious! Considering the rumors about the whole "Marcab" thing and the mention that OSA's directives were to go after the prominent critics as "leaders" of Anon ... I am really, really suspicious.

Should the police be alerted to the suspicious posting to A.R.S.? And would it be possible to try to get a neutral third party investigation by ... I don't know, the FBI (I don't really know what I'm talking about here, but I'm sure you get my drift)?

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:00 am

From Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, 1600:

LAUNCELOT: Nay, indeed, if you had your eyes, you might fail of
the knowing me: it is a wise father that knows his
own child. Well, old man, I will tell you news of
your son: give me your blessing: truth will come
to light; murder cannot be hid long; a man's son
may, but at the length truth will out.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

ron's hat

Post by ron's hat » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:03 am

Shawn made some great posts and I enjoyed all his pickets and his posts on Xenu.com. There is no way I am going to start castigating scientology for this death because there is no real evidence to date and because I know from personal experience that many of us carry around more demons than we care to puiblicize on a message board. I totally wish him peace and, of course, I mourn his passing. He was a truly dedicated believer in the rights of humankind.

Thelma

Post by Thelma » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:07 am

No.. no no no no no... Shawn :cry:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. All teary at work and trying to explain how someone I never actually met could mean so much.

This past week, proflex had been on my mind a lot. Maybe with the protests and all. I was going to PM Kilia Sunday night to see if she'd heard from him lately and see if he was ok. I was hoping he was on the sidelines cheering on Anonymous.

But I saw SombodyElse's post first, and then the ARS post. BTW, the OP on that ARS thread seemed to be trying awfully hard to fit in with Anonymous and doing a ridiculously bad job of it.

whatntha:
I WILL NEVER BELIEVE THAT SHAWN COMMITTED SUICIDE - NEVER.
I don't believe it either. Shawn was someone who had seen hard times but came through a strong person who stood up for himself and what he felt was right. He was also someone who was not afraid to accept help when he needed it. Nope, I don't believe it.

Also, a hose from his tailpipe to his house? That doesn't sound like suicide. That sounds like the way it would be done by someone on the OUTSIDE of the house.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”