Shawn Lonsdale Found dead

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Sun May 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Wogs might as well lie down in a field someplace and expire...

+++++++++Sacred Cult Scripture++++++++++++++++

Why live? Why not just be a – just take the cog out of the
machinery that one is and just go out and lie down in a
field someplace and expire, because there's no point in
it; because the things I've named are the pay you
get for living; and there's no other pay.

The pay is communication, sensation, ARC, understanding,
co-operative endeavor, enthusiasm over goals, activity; the
feeling one is going someplace and doing something. These
are the only payments that can be made to anyone for living.

- L. Ron Hubbard
Lecture: 29 December 1957: Experience
– Randomity and Change of Pace
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Sun May 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Shawn Lonsdale was a fellow human being and critical of the practices of Scientology. We mourn his passing.Now as a supposed religious organization, SCIENTOLOGY DOES NOT GIVE A RATS ASS IF YOU DIE, or are in physical or emotional pain. Nice religion huh?

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Sun May 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Simonymous wrote:Thank you for posting that, Arnie.

The papers said the suicide note said he was "broke, depressed, and he thought he was wasting his time here."

Shawn, there's no way you can read this, but dude, your time was so NOT WASTED.
^ This. It's so true. How sad that he felt the way he did.

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Tue May 20, 2008 2:04 am

magitad wrote:
lermanet_com wrote:We got them but there was no suicide note

So, since you have received these records, does that mean the investigation is closed?

So, once again, Scn, Inc. can contribute to a death and not take respnosibility?

I was just the provider of the address to mail them to, and the scanner to scan them. I don't know what the CW police are up to. I believe the docs were to be released when the coroners report was finished.
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Tue May 20, 2008 3:34 am

I would assume it's closed, since the death was ruled a suicide. Generally speaking, I think such a ruling closes an investigation. That doesn't necessarily mean that none of the people working on the case have any doubts. But it's no longer their job to investigate it.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue May 20, 2008 6:14 am

Call the Journalist that reported on it.

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Tue May 20, 2008 6:28 am

Sponge wrote:Call the Journalist that reported on it.
Or the investigating officers.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue May 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Please get someone to compare the suicide note with Shawn's writings. This is a repeat request but it's important.
Here's one Shawn sample, written in a more discouraged moment:
Quote:
You have to assume that in doing so i would be able to regroup and earn...i have been trying that on and off for a while but living in clearwater makes it hard to find a job that will not allow anonymous "customer" input when potentially hiring a "pervert"...a lot of support from the non-scienos in general but when a potential lack of buisness is at steak they always say sorry but....etc. etc.
Seeing as i am of the paycheck to paycheck group i cannot just pickup and relocate either...nor would my car allow me many miles of use to do so.
Now with no checks it's even less of an option....catch 22.
End quote
From
Shawn Lonsdale (proflex)....Q&A
at
viewtopic.php?t=21509

Here's another sample, written gleefully after a court appearance with Helena Kobrin. What a brave and funny man, to dish snark after facing the "big guns" of a CoS law team. What a loss was his death.

Quote:
Wow.....i was in such awe with the kobra in attendance! She was not directly asking the questions but was busy with the "post it's" to the hired mouthpiece. She was not in good form, as an example ... she got magoo's name wrong several times....and you are "ALL" on the many exibits of the posts brought forward from clambake's board here. I am under a self imposed gag for this site...ALL WENT WELL! Remember you are all under the constant watch and recording of all posts here and elsewhere.... They really loved the sign and the tee shirt....I think i even saw her checking me out several times as i got up for a free refill of coffee. She did a dye doo on the top and gained a few pounds but the pale complexion really dosen't do her justice...hehehehe Also in attendance was the osa "suit" at the assault..."peter Mansell" the guy who cussed me out that day! Luke Lerot and his asst. Noel...court reporter lady(nice in those heels)...video guy with way too much equip...an asst. for them(?)and little "ol me" at the head of the table....honored! The video is being gone over now for posting so you guys can see it all...but this ends my posts for a while sorry but i will hang and view of course...maybe an opinion here and there. Thanks for all the "Moral" support...love ya all!
GOODBYE FOR NOW...
Shawn.
End quote from
PROFLEX VS. THE KOBRA

viewtopic.php?t=19786

The St. Pete Times reporter, Jonathan Abel, appears to have read the suicide note. Jonathan Abel can be reached at jabel@sptimes.com or (727) 445-4157. Can someone e-mail him with these writing samples and see if the suicide note matches his style. In particular, the "..." and small case "i"

freeway

Post by freeway » Fri May 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Don Carlo, I understand your point. I do believe though, that usually
suicide notes are left in handwriting, not in typing. Using a keyboard,
it's for example easier to write a small "i" instead of using Shift and big
"I". Maybe that's why Shawn wrote a small "i".
It also said in some report, that several suicide notes were found to
different people. Do we have an idea where they went to?

marlysfan

Post by marlysfan » Fri May 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Writing and typing style can differ, but if we get the suicide note and there's not one ellipsis, I call foul play. I'm not joking.

L

Come_to_the_Event

Post by Come_to_the_Event » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:47 am

RIP Shawn. You had balls. I'm so very sorry about mistrusting you in the beginning. Still shocked to be reading this.
What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes.
-Harry Houdini

AnonMomAnon

Post by AnonMomAnon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:23 am

moontaco wrote:
Sponge wrote:What time do the courts open in the morning? Anyone over there going to go get a copy of the coroners report (which should include the "suicide note")?
I think what everyone is calling the coroner's report is the autopsy report. At the coroner's office they had taken my name and address so they could send me what they referred to as the coroner's report. In yesterday's mail I got the autopsy report, which I assume is the same thing. It doesn't have anything but autopsy examination notes, test results, and findings. (In other words, nothing is included that doesn't relate specifically to the autopsy.)

The suicide notes may be in the case file, which I understand Arnie is getting a copy of (and probably a few other critics, too).

The autopsy report is interesting, but of course I'm not in that field and there is a lot of stuff that doesn't mean much to me. One thing I can say is that it doesn't give an estimated time of death. The report describes features of decomposition but doesn't arrive at a conclusion about how long he'd probably been dead.

The carbon monoxide level in his chest fluid was greater than 61%. The chest fluid also contained ethanol (0.213 g/dl), but nothing is said about what that means: for instance, was he drunk? I have found a couple of references online to decomposition producing ethanol in chest fluid, so that may be what it's from.

The report also says his blood was cherry red (which is typical of carbon monoxide poisoning) and that he had pulmonary anthracosis, which seems to be a soot-like material in the lungs.

I'm sure there will be much more info in the case file, and as more people read that and the autopsy report, we'll hopefully start to get more informed commentary on what it all means, and whether there are any holes or inconsistencies.
trust me, you all do not want a detailed explanation of what everything in this report means. Shawn did die of carbon monoxide poisoning. the ethanol in his lungs was from decomp. there are a couple of things within the report that make me question why they could not estimate a time-of-death, but out of respect, i'll not write that on this message board. there may still be an estimated time-of-death coming from some other source???

i am more determined than ever to continue this fight against this insideous and deadly cult. i do hold the cult responsible for the death of Shawn Lonsdale.

my heart breaks for shawn and what he must have gone through in his last days. i will forever be ashamed of myself for doing no more than honking and yelling in encouragement at shawn while he stood in downtown clearwater all by himself.

once again, my sincere condolences to those here on clambake who knew Shawn and loved him.

HIS NAME WAS SHAWN LONSDALE.

THIS IS WHY
WE ARE LEGION

signed,
a clearwater ANON

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:43 am

Come_to_the_Event wrote:RIP Shawn. You had balls. I'm so very sorry about mistrusting you in the beginning. Still shocked to be reading this.
Hey CttE. Long time, no see!
IIRC you did some amazing characture artwork a while ago. How about you do a nice one of Shawn for us?
Cheers mate.

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:07 am

AnonMomAnon wrote:trust me, you all do not want a detailed explanation of what everything in this report means. Shawn did die of carbon monoxide poisoning. the ethanol in his lungs was from decomp. there are a couple of things within the report that make me question why they could not estimate a time-of-death, but out of respect, i'll not write that on this message board. there may still be an estimated time-of-death coming from some other source???
I don't doubt that a time of death could have been estimated. That seems pretty routine to me. I was surprised it wasn't included.

On a related subject, I finally received the medical examiner's report on the death of Joel Campus, the Scilon who died in Clearwater right around the time Sean's body was found. It lists the manner of death as undetermined. Again, it is simply a record of the physical examination, with no details reported about the circumstances surrounding his death (I suppose that would be in the police report). He bled to death from a stab wound in the chest. He had some abrasions on his face, arm, and hand. That seems to be it, in terms of relevant information.

JaneDoe

Post by JaneDoe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:21 am

Wasn't Joel Campus' death reported as a heart attack?

wat

Return to “Opinions & Debate”