Shawn Lonsdale Found dead

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
flippantmage

Post by flippantmage » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:00 am

lermanet_com wrote:Jon Abel at the St Pete Times confirmed to me this evening that Shanwn Lonsdale’s death is officially being ruled a suicide.

I was told that Shawn DID leave a note , but the contents of the note are not released.

Jon Abel will have a story in tomorrow’s SPT.
Will anybody outside law enforcement see it?

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:01 am

SomebodyElse wrote:I saw this at Enturbulation
In honor of Shawns Lonsdale and his efforts against Scientology I am posting this link to his picket videos.

http://www.iklipz.com/Member/MyKlipz.aspx?MemberID=6812
http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtop ... =12&t=4036

Can somebody who has the technical ability PLEASE grab these videos to disk before they get "disappeared". PRONTO.
I refrained from posting the link whist I've been trying to find a way to get them saved for the last few hours but my computer aint up to the job for some reason.

RealityWillTell

Post by RealityWillTell » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:10 am

A very sad day indeed!

Carbon monoxide asphyxiation is a very painful way to go, that is why it is suspicious. Thelma Todd who was found in 1935 sitting in her car closed in her garage is still disputed to this day whether it was suicide or not.

Even if a note was found it needs to be fully investigated because that can be faked by those who might consider his death necessary, especially by an organization!!!

R.I.P. Shawn :cry:

Giggles

Post by Giggles » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:11 am

This is just horrible! :(

I too reserve judgement on the why's.
It could be so many different things/reasons.

But to not suspect scientology as a possibility in having connection to this isn't a possibility
in lieu of past developments/associations between the two parties, the CoS track record and recent events.

RIP Shawn..........

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:11 am

SomebodyElse wrote:I saw this at Enturbulation
In honor of Shawn Lonsdale and his efforts against Scientology I am posting this link to his picket videos.

http://www.iklipz.com/Member/MyKlipz.aspx?MemberID=6812
http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtop ... =12&t=4036
Thanks for posting that. I was wondering if Shawn's videos were online. I was looking around the usual places but couldn't find them.

Edit: BTW, Sponge, I just tried to download but my download tool would not work with that site. :(

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:34 am

OH MY GAWD!!!

I saw this just awhile ago over on enturbulation.org---and as I said there,
I'm speechless.

The last communication I had with Shawn was over a year ago (when the Scios hit his camera)----I told him then: "GET OUT OF THERE____YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THERE,**NOW** as THEY WILL *HAVE* TO DO SOMETHING TO YOU, AFTER THIS".

Damn, I am SO sorry to hear this. Thank you Arnie for posting this, and Kilia for the PMs...I don't believe it's suicide, myself.

Shawn stood up against the evils of Scientology. :evil:

I KNOW Shawn would want THE BIGGEST PICKET EVER ----if we could
pull off anything for him. Let's do it: EVERY SINGLE PERSON---and bring
your friends, too.

Blessings to you, Shawn, and to all here who are courageously
speaking out and exposing the abusive of this insidious CULT of Scientology. (And even if it wasn't suicide---we all KNOW they have
killed others---way too many others, many of my very good friends
are D E A D due to Scientology). :angel:

Tory/Magoo~~~ 8)

jax

Post by jax » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 am

To Shawn Lonsdale:
First of all & most of all, I wish you peace.
I am sorry that you are gone. I didn't know you personally, but I knew of you & I respected what you stood for & what you had done.
I wish I had told you that sooner.
You helped pave the way for others to carry out the actions that are taking place now & in the very near future.
I wish you were here to witness it all, you would be so proud.

I keep thinking of the song "This Little Light of Mine, I'm gonna Let it Shine"
The absence of your light is deeply missed by all who recognized what you were doing & what you were willing to stand up against.
I will curse the darkness & then light a candle in your name.
Rest in peace Shawn. :cry:
Last edited by jax on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ron's hat

Post by ron's hat » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:54 am

I've stated it earlier and I will state it again. No one knows the exact details of this man's death. To turn this around into a scientology witch-hunt because, after all,.....'Scientology HAD to have something to do with it'........is a totally bogus method of using someone's death as a means to pursue your own agenda. If you wish to pay your respects to a man who did what he could to expose the insanity of scientology...then by all means do so.......and give this man a decent good-bye. And if this man's death is PROVED to be done by the hands of scientology then I will rail and rail again at the scientology monstrosity. But to pick up the sword and declare some sort of crusade against an entity which is not yet determined to have been responsible....is a big disservice against the gentleman who has passed away.

Can we just leave our personal agendas aside and pay respects to a man who realized the despicable nature of scientology and who tried to help to dismantle it.

If someone finds proof that scientology is behind this...then publish your proof.....and if no proof....then cast no judgment lest ye be judged.

itsaline

Post by itsaline » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:02 am

ron's hat wrote:I've stated it earlier and I will state it again. No one knows the exact details of this man's death. To turn this around into a scientology witch-hunt because, after all,.....'Scientology HAD to have something to do with it'........is a totally bogus method of using someone's death as a means to pursue your own agenda. If you wish to pay your respects to a man who did what he could to expose the insanity of scientology...then by all means do so.......and give this man a decent good-bye. And if this man's death is PROVED to be done by the hands of scientology then I will rail and rail again at the scientology monstrosity. But to pick up the sword and declare some sort of crusade against an entity which is not yet determined to have been responsible....is a big disservice against the gentleman who has passed away.

Can we just leave our personal agendas aside and pay respects to a man who realized the despicable nature of scientology and who tried to help to dismantle it.

If someone finds proof that scientology is behind this...then publish your proof.....and if no proof....then cast no judgment lest ye be judged.
In a year of "firsts" here is another one.

I totally agree with Ron's Hat.

Let's hear some details first before we start the witch hunt.

RIP Shawn.
www.forum.exscn.net

Braveheart's Girlfriend

Post by Braveheart's Girlfriend » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:22 am

Rest in Peace, Shawn. Your memory will be a bright, bright beacon in the days to come.
http://alley.ethercat.com/door/

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:29 am

I am so sorry. I know Shawn had many of our phone numbers and all of our support.

After all he had been through, and savvy as he was, I just cannot believe he would commit suicide.

Rest in Peace Shawn. If this was your choice, so be it.

But we will find out the truth, and if it was NOT your choice you will be vindicated.

Does anyone have an address for his family?
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

JonDoe

Post by JonDoe » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:35 am

I'm not going to fly off and make any wild accusations. I wouldn't put murder past the cult we all know and love so well, but the odd details are not enough to bias an outright accusation on. I will say this though: The 'fair game' attacks he endured had to at least be a contributing factor.

What we really need is the note.
Last edited by JonDoe on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
DM.
His words are lies.
His tail is fluffy.

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:39 am

Rest in Peace Shawn. You were a man of great courage.

Martha

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:20 am

ron's hat wrote:I've stated it earlier and I will state it again. No one knows the exact details of this man's death. To turn this around into a scientology witch-hunt because, after all,.....'Scientology HAD to have something to do with it'........is a totally bogus method of using someone's death as a means to pursue your own agenda. If you wish to pay your respects to a man who did what he could to expose the insanity of scientology...then by all means do so.......and give this man a decent good-bye. And if this man's death is PROVED to be done by the hands of scientology then I will rail and rail again at the scientology monstrosity. But to pick up the sword and declare some sort of crusade against an entity which is not yet determined to have been responsible....is a big disservice against the gentleman who has passed away.

There is the bigger picture.
Scientology, the "church" of, and a several morally bankrupt scientologists were the ones that got Shawn fired from his job (after he first started filming the scientologists when he was doing a photo project about the homeless people downtown). They were the ones who harrassed him and assaulted him. They were the ones who dragged him into legal proceedings over an injunction that had nothing to do with him. They were the ones who plastered the "pervert" posters in windows of downtown premises they owned. They were the ones that issued death threats. They were the ones who made an irresistable offer to the landlord to purchase the house Shawn was renting thus forcing him to move. They were the ones who tried to stop the BBC from talking to Shawn.
A whole cult, going for guns, against one man. They ruined him utterly and they meant to do it.

Of course we can't make snap judgments about actual incidents that we did not witness or about investigations as they are happening and we should just let the police do their job and wait. However, all I have said still applies whether it is some other totally unrelated issue which caused Shawn to finally go over the edge or not. He wound up there, in the situation he was in, largely because of the cumulative actions of the cult scientology. To me it is not a question of whether or not scientology is to blame but rather how much they are to blame.

I wonder if one day, after the next FBI raid on the cult, whether we'll find another "operation freakout" document that had been tailor-made for Shawn.

lermanet_com

Post by lermanet_com » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:56 am

In this interview on a station in Clearwater, FL, he talks about his
confrontations with the cofs.
http://download.yousendit.com/A01299A94E833873
Do you THINK scientology works?
Then read [url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=20255&start=285]THIS PAGE[/url] here on XENU.NET

Return to “Opinions & Debate”