CCHR's Mary Panton (DeMoss) Blows from CoS!

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
machwon

Post by machwon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:19 pm

songbird wrote:
machwon wrote:I was positive she was a lifer yet relieved to see I was wrong.
No one is a lifer! As we are discovering more & more each day. :D
Brothers and sisters in the Sea Org -- don't route out -- just GO!!
Leap and the net will appear! :D
It's nice out here ... and there's cake. :flower:
I guess your right. If Mike Rinder leaves anyone can (and must.)
Ewwwah!

http://jimjesus.com

(∃x∈S:φ(x))→ (∀x∈S:φ(x)) = Scientology logic

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:35 pm

SchwimmelPuckel wrote:Mary's a perfect bitch?

She trained hard to be!!

Ok, I sense a need to explain something. Mary just did her TR's and Bullbaiting routines. Delivered the PR line of the day with full intention... For an old Ex like me, who trained that stuff, she doesn't really come across like a bitch. I don't even think she, herself, intended what she said and did.

Oh.. When you're inside you really work hard at 'convincing' yourself that this crap is your 'own' opinion.. But it's 'acting' really!

So.. No, Mary's not a bitch...But she's damn good at acting like one!

I don't know Mary personally. I know her from Marks videos.. Yet I got the impression that she would see through the scam someday.. I'm not surprized!

I hope it's true...

:onebounce:
Well, maybe "bitch" is too harsh. Can we say at the very least
"dogged"?

So all she ever did was TRs and bullbaiting routine?
With all her years of valuable service, they never even gave
her a word clearing course, or happiness rundown or somesuch?
Maybe she just came to the conclusion that her relationship with
Scientology was all take and no give; She gave, Scientology took.

Sort of like a Catholic Nun perhaps; self sacrificing Sister Mary DeMoss!
Looks like Sister Mary finally kicked the habit. Cold Turkey, there's no
Scientology withdrawal patch availiable at the local Walmart!
Hope her witdrawal symptoms are mild, no DTs!

AnonMomAnon

Post by AnonMomAnon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:43 pm

SchwimmelPuckel wrote:Mary's a perfect bitch?

She trained hard to be!!

Ok, I sense a need to explain something. Mary just did her TR's and Bullbaiting routines. Delivered the PR line of the day with full intention... For an old Ex like me, who trained that stuff, she doesn't really come across like a bitch. I don't even think she, herself, intended what she said and did.

Oh.. When you're inside you really work hard at 'convincing' yourself that this crap is your 'own' opinion.. But it's 'acting' really!

So.. No, Mary's not a bitch...But she's damn good at acting like one!

I don't know Mary personally. I know her from Marks videos.. Yet I got the impression that she would see through the scam someday.. I'm not surprized!

I hope it's true...

i wish mary all the luck in the world. she's going to need a lot of support and i hope she gets it.

however, to the untrained non-OSA eye? mary does indeed come off as a first-rate bitch in the vids.

as someone who embraces her own bitchiness, i don't think that's a bad thing: she was just playin' for the wrong team at the time!

welcome back to the real world, mary!

please, don't forget to be good to yourself.

flippantmage

Post by flippantmage » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:20 am

xenutv wrote:Mary -- NOW will you go to dinner with me?
Yeah she is pretty hot, but what would you talk about? :D
If you can make people believe absurdities you can make them commit atrocities. - Voltaire

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 am

JohnS wrote:With all her years of valuable service, they never even gave her a word clearing course, or happiness rundown or somesuch?
Maybe she just came to the conclusion that her relationship with Scientology was all take and no give; She gave, Scientology took.
Oh, I'm sure they 'gave' her some courses and auditing.. However. The concluding sentence in the above quote is true for any scientologist! - Flippantly, I could say that services, auditing, is fraud, and therefore a 'nothing'. But services are what scientologists want and accept as exhange for their sacrifices.. It's a con.. While you possibly aren't fooled by it, you will be dumbfounded!

.. Hmm.. I guess I'm saying that you need to be fooled by it to understand.. (Requires a really profound and obscenely long post to explain! :D)

So, when Mary DeMoss launches on what looks like a personal vendetta against LMT, Mark Bunker and critics of CoS in general.. It is drilled and trained. Mary probably did the PR course.. Certainly all the 'reporter TR's', which we can observe her performing. Like any scientologist she does not 'think' herself. Central to scientology beliefs is that ones own mind is unreliable, due to engrams, implants and body thetans. So Mary 'applies policy' - She would take pride in applying policy flawlessly and effectively. She would make sure she could back up anything she says or do with some LRH policy letter. In other words, she would deny her own thoughts or considerations as a source for her acts. This is what scios call being 'on source'. So proud of evading personal responsibility and offloading on Hubbard..

(Hmm.. Really does require a profound and obscenely long post to explain! :D)

This kind of thing is what goes on the the Mary DeMoss GoRound Video.. Mary performs a drilled in behavior, trained emotional tone and argumentation. And then Mark manages to 'crack her armor'! - Mary laughs, and we can see it's an act!

[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:41 am

Mary, if you read this I hope you don't mind me talking about you because I'm going to talk about you.

When you see Mary in the xenutv videos what you are seeing mostly is Mary-scientologist. You are seeing her show a personality that is shaped and formed by the cult. You are also seeing a lot of L. Ron Hubbard and later on after his death you will see a lot of David Miscavige in her personality.

If she is "out" (not away) she will likely work through those other personalities and Mary-Mary will emerge. (I'm sorry if "Mary-Mary" sounds silly and I hope you can get through that to the serious side of what I'm trying to talk about.)

Give Mary six months to a year to work on her recovery from the cult and to engage in whatever therapy she can manage. Should she make herself available to be videoed at that time you will probably not believe you are looking at and hearing the same person. If at that time you show her some of the xenutv videos with her in them she will probably not recognize herself.

If she's "out," dodges the fair game, goes through therapy, gets herself checked out dentally and medically and treated if necessary I would love to see a video of her in six months to a year from now because who you will see then will be the real Mary. It will be a real eye-opener for many to see the transition that will take place.

I really do hope she is "out" and on her way to taking back her life.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:50 am

Mary was NOT Sea Org. Mary was an OSA volunteer, and she was employed by Bennetta Slaughter. (Google Bennetta). Mary helped Bennetta remove Lisa McPherson from Morton Plant Hospital and delivered Lisa to Flag, where Lisa died 17 days later. Mary then was promoted to Lisa's job (where she made around 100K/year). Mary was deposed in the Lisa case. Mary testified on behalf of the cult before the state legislature and was a spokesperson for scientology in many venues.

I am happy if Mary is out, but come on, she was no angel. All this talk about how she needs "time and space" to find herself is well and good, but she 1st needs to wake up and face the truth. I sincerely hope she will put her abundant energy in to exposing the scam she and many of us were conned by. Scientology most certainly harmed and did not help Mary's career, reputation and life.

Having dinner with WBM would be a good start!!
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Dunvegan

Post by Dunvegan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:26 am

There is no redemption without confession and amends.

That is the real epiphany to "total freedom."

It's a hard road, Ladybird...but it's the only moral one.
--
Dunvegan

Giggles

Post by Giggles » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:34 am

Mary Panton appears in this ronsavelo video...at 4:32.
I don't know if she's in the whole series, I just remembered seeing
her recently in one of cchr's videos. This one was added July, 2006.
I haven't gone through them all to see if she's in anything else or more recent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUo8kzKrGJ0

It's been pointed out that this news is from an unknown source.
Unknown sources are often unreliable and turn out to be false.
It was a Flag "source" that said CoS kids would be at march protests wasn't it?
I happen to like to see a little more proof than that before I view it as truth,
but I'm routing for her too, if it is.

Anyway, has anybody tried to call the Florida CCHR
to see if she's around? That may give you an answer,
if in fact that is/was her present job there.
She's listed in that video as the
"Public Affairs Director" for:

CCHR Florida
1217 N. Ft. Harrison Avenue
Clearwater, FL 33755
1-800-782-2878
727-442-8820
cchrflorida.org

Mark Bunker,
It was only a few days ago that you were professing your
love for Snow White. I saw the video....LOLOLOL
Now your asking Mary to dinner.
Player!!! :D

Giggles

Post by Giggles » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:34 am

double post
Last edited by Giggles on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

meanie

Post by meanie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:36 am

- if this is true. then it is great news.

- even if she doesn't blow and goes back .. that doubt is an important start.

- i hope she contacts one of you that know her personaly, not only for support but just the basic contact with someone who isn't an OSA handler.

- to the original poster, please keep the readrers up to date. the impact of Mary Demoss leaving the organisation is tremendous.
who needs money when we have feathers

Prufrock

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 am

Dunvegan wrote:There is no redemption without confession and amends.

That is the real epiphany to "total freedom."

It's a hard road, Ladybird...but it's the only moral one.
I have come to loathe the word amends because of its Co$ connotation. But yes, IF this is true that she's blown, she must start by showing contrition for the harm she has caused. Then she can move on to righting her wrongs.
"Just think, I turned to a cult for mindless happiness when I had beer all along." - Homer Simpson

"$cientology must be the only church without a religion." - Peter Schilte f.k.a. Navy

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:02 am

Confession and amends sounds much like what goes on in scientology.

If Mary is "out" there will be a time for that. For anyone who leaves the immediate things that need to be attended to are rest, nutrition, a cessation of the communication from the cult and some research into what was actually done to the person. The last involves reading about cults, brainwashing, and other things of that nature. With most people coming out this educational process is extremely rapid.

Somewhere into that process I would hope that a person with a conscience would begin to feel some remorse for the things they may have done while they were "in." At that point, telling the story can be very therapeutic.

In Releasing the Bonds there is a good set of instruction for do-it-yourself exit therapy. This involves writing what happened with the individual though there's a bit more to it. I followed this to some extent and found it helpful. Then I pasted some of what I wrote on this message board in the stories section and found that to be very therapeutic as well.

If Mary is "out" and has a conscience I expect she will feel the need to tell her story. I hope she will. I'm willing to wait.
Doris Lessing

Dunvegan

Post by Dunvegan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:09 am

Point taken.

Then perhaps the South African Mandela-era philosophy of reconciliation, truth, justice and reparation is a more apt metaphor.

And I agree, that the first stop is medical/dental health, along with some serious investment in both psychological and spiritual healing.
--
Dunvegan

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 am

There is another thing here. Mary was no angel. She was involved in some nasty business. Hell, she was in the cult and brainwashed. What she did on behalf of the cult was done while in that state and while believing that what was being done was ultimately for the greater good.

I was in the same boat. If I had been around while Lisa was in trouble I probably would have participated as well if asked or directed. I would have felt bad about what befell her but I would have "known" it was for the 'greater good.'

To varying degrees almost everyone I knew "in" scientology had done nasty things to other people. That's one of the disgusting things about scientology. It makes monsters out of everyone it captures. The only difference among the members, staff and public, is the degree to which they become a monster.

I'm not writing this so you will excuse the actions of those who were "in" but so that you will have a little better understanding of how and why good people can come to do those nasty things.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”