CCHR's Mary Panton (DeMoss) Blows from CoS!

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
SuzanneMarie

Re: CCHR's Mary Panton (DeMoss) Blows from CoS!

Post by SuzanneMarie » Tue May 06, 2008 10:07 am

J. Swift wrote: Strangely, like Mike Rinder, Mary has blown and yet has not been declared. Is there some new status called "Limbo" for SP's that Scientology cannot afford to Declare because they know too much?
According to this CoS website, Mike Rinder is still Executive Director of OSA.

http://www.scientology.org/scnnews/rinder.htm

But what do they know, right?

RIPODB

Post by RIPODB » Tue May 06, 2008 10:14 am

stargazer wrote:I don't believe that nasty people gravitate towards positions that capitalize on those traits, merely that they *excel* in them. Can't prove it, it's a personal opinion, just throwing it out there. :D
Steve Fishman's "Lonesome Squirrel" gives some insight about this topic as it relates to scientology. Regs don't turn away people who enjoy bending or breaking laws for a greater cause. They welcome them into the cult with open arms.

The bottom line is that some people are sociopaths before they join the cult and they are still sociopaths after they leave or get kicked out.
"People with too many arguments should always be approached with suspicion. Dialectic and endless reasoning are usually used as resistance against disagreeable truths" A. M. Meerloo, M.D. "Delusion and Mass-Delusion" (c) 1949

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Tue May 06, 2008 4:50 pm

SuzanneMarie wrote:
J. Swift wrote: Strangely, like Mike Rinder, Mary has blown and yet has not been declared. Is there some new status called "Limbo" for SP's that Scientology cannot afford to Declare because they know too much?

Oh riiiight of course he is. Now sit down, put your head between your knees and breath deeply.

SuzanneMarie

Post by SuzanneMarie » Wed May 07, 2008 6:29 am

RIPODB wrote:
stargazer wrote:I don't believe that nasty people gravitate towards positions that capitalize on those traits, merely that they *excel* in them. Can't prove it, it's a personal opinion, just throwing it out there. :D
Steve Fishman's "Lonesome Squirrel" gives some insight about this topic as it relates to scientology. Regs don't turn away people who enjoy bending or breaking laws for a greater cause. They welcome them into the cult with open arms.

The bottom line is that some people are sociopaths before they join the cult and they are still sociopaths after they leave or get kicked out.
Fishman was not just a sociopath, but a psychotic. Still, it's nice to know that there are people like Rip out there who can read fiction by Fishman and give it credence.

PTS

Post by PTS » Wed May 07, 2008 6:36 am

SuzanneMarie wrote:
Fishman was not just a sociopath, but a psychotic. Still, it's nice to know that there are people like Rip out there who can read fiction by Fishman and give it credence.

JaneDoe

Post by JaneDoe » Wed May 07, 2008 6:47 am

SuzanneMarie wrote:
RIPODB wrote:

We're talking about *the* Steven Fishman here right?

The one in the famous Fishman interviews? The Fishman of "oh noes, they know about our BTs!11!1!!!" fame?

I haven't read his "lonesome squirrel" book but I just looked it up on the net and it looks interesting. It goes on to the list of must read soons.

And yes, in his interview he came across as a bit psychotic. A bit lost. A bit mad. It also came across pretty clearly that the people who had put him there were none other than the "church" of scientology.

Whether or not he was like this before he joined the cult I don't have enough evidence either way to make a judgement. It's pretty clear that they made him worse though. Potential psychosis = OTIII is just a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

SuzanneMarie

Post by SuzanneMarie » Wed May 07, 2008 8:22 am

JaneDoe wrote:
SuzanneMarie wrote:
RIPODB wrote:

We're talking about *the* Steven Fishman here right?

The one in the famous Fishman interviews? The Fishman of "oh noes, they know about our BTs!11!1!!!" fame?

I haven't read his "lonesome squirrel" book but I just looked it up on the net and it looks interesting. It goes on to the list of must read soons.

And yes, in his interview he came across as a bit psychotic. A bit lost. A bit mad. It also came across pretty clearly that the people who had put him there were none other than the "church" of scientology.

Whether or not he was like this before he joined the cult I don't have enough evidence either way to make a judgement. It's pretty clear that they made him worse though. Potential psychosis = OTIII is just a recipe for disaster if you ask me.
Here are some links for those who have not yet waded through Steve Fishman's "Lonesome Squirrel":

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/krasel/aff_kl.html

http://www.xs4all.nl/~fishman/ls/indexls.html

JaneDoe

Post by JaneDoe » Thu May 08, 2008 12:15 am

Thankyou SM. Like I said, it's on my "must read soon" list.

However I doubt I'll have to wade through it. Personally I find the testimony of ex-scientologists to be very moving stuff. Then again, I have enormous compassion for anyone ever trapped by this cult, or anyone still in it. Scientology creates the cruellist trap of all, one made from the bars of the person's own mind.

Anyone who manages to survive and get out is, in my mind, a hero.

J. Swift

Post by J. Swift » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 am

SuzanneMarie wrote:

Well, that's just it my dear Suzie. What do they know? They sure as hell didn't know enough to take care of the asbestos on The Freewinds. Now they are paying a fortune to have it done so that Panama does not issue an arrest warrant for DM. And they sure as hell don't know how to handle Anonymous! So what do they know? Do they even know how to walk and talk and chew bubblegum at the same time? Or would they fall over like a sleeping cow that was tipped if they attempted to do all of those things at the same time? I think they would all fall over each other and then pay some Wog Service Company a lot of money to help them back up onto their feet. This was their solution in Curacao.

/////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Elronita

Post by Elronita » Thu May 08, 2008 5:23 am

Benny's Friend wrote:exstaff, I just fell in love with you.

right on, sweetpea.
I second that~!~ Wonderful letter----brought me to tears, really ;-)

newclear

Post by newclear » Thu May 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Tory wrote
I heard that this was a very extreme, very brutal OSA campaign to shut Mary up and they won this major fight with her. OSA refuses to take any responsibility for their actions against Mary. Strangely, like Mike Rinder, Mary has blown and yet has not been declared. Is there some new status called "Limbo" for SP's that Scientology cannot afford to Declare because they know too much?

Actually, this has been going on for some time. It isn't that they are not declared, it's that Scientology isn't announcing it, or sending out SP declares.
I believe this is due to the huge PR flaps they've had due to SP declares.
Thanks for clarifying my own fast flow declare. No ethics cycle, no comm-ev, no goldenrod. At first I was upset, but it has actually been a good thing.
You're so screwed, so screwed, the Way to Slappiness is the way to flappiness.

touchstone

Post by touchstone » Fri May 09, 2008 12:35 am

Does an undeclared declare happen before or after Double Secret Probation?

"We say you're an SP, we just won't *say* you're an SP...."

This would all be hilarious if it weren't so destructive.

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Fri May 09, 2008 1:29 am

touchstone wrote:Does an undeclared declare happen before or after Double Secret Probation? "We say you're an SP, we just won't *say* you're an SP...."
The Church of Scientology will bother to formally declare someone if they think that will get the best bang for their efforts. They can just as effectively declare someone and cut their ties to everyone in Scientology with a gossip campaign. They don't need that formal goldenrod to get the point across to their membership and staff.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”