How I Fooled the E-meter.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Demented Lron

Re: How I Fooled the E-meter.

Post by Demented Lron » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Bently pled guilty. He was in no condition to serve a jail term, so he received a symbolic punishment -- 6 months summary probation.

Victor's trial begun on Friday. The first witness for the prosecution was the detective who interviewed Victor. His testimony was short; he said that Victor admitted attacking Bently. His partner, who interviewed Brenda and Anita, was scheduled to testify later for the defense.

The doctor who treated Bently took the witness stand after the cop. He described in great detail the extent of Bently's injuries, and presented X-ray pictures of the plaintiff's broken bones. Then it was the time for Bently's physical therapist to testify. At 6:00 PM the prosecutors finished presenting their case.

The other detective and Anita were supposed to testify on Monday, Brenda -- on Tuesday.

Bently didn't show up in the court room on Monday. The assistant DA told the judge that Bently is missing. "What do you mean by that?" said the judge. "He is not in the nursing home, no one knows where he is," said the assistant DA. "in this case the trial will resume after Bently returns to the nursing home," said the judge.

When Victor was leaving the court building, a detective approached him, showed his badge and asked where Victor was on Saturday. "One of our clients lives in San Diego, I had a meeting with him that day," said Victor. "May I have his coordinates?" said the detective. "Of course. They are on my cell phone," said Victor, and pulled the cell phone out of his briefcase.

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:24 pm

On Tuesday Andreas called Victor on the phone and told him what happened to Bently. Bently was having physical therapy sessions every weekend; an ambulette was taking him from the nursing home to the therapy facility.

On Saturday Bently's pick-up time was at 2:00 PM. The ambulette arrived at !:15 PM. The driver was a middle-aged white man of average height. The driver told the receptionist that Bently's pick-up time was changed. The receptionist called the head nurse, and 10 minutes later an orderly rolled Bently out of the building. The driver hoisted him into the car and drove away. No one saw Bently after the departure.

"What do you think happened?" said Victor. "CoS got him," said Andreas. "But he was going to sue them after the trial. Somebody must have tipped them off," said Victor. "I did," said Andreas. "Why?" said Victor.

"I knew they will harass him. That alone may have been enough to start a lawsuit against them prematurely. That would have helped me to tie him to CoS, which is a very good defense strategy. Instead they kidnapped him, which is even better. Don't tell me that you feel sorry for the idiot!" said Andreas.

"Of course, I don't. I'm glad the motherfucker is gone. But what will happen at my trial?" said Victor. "Now it will be easy for me to strike a deal with the prosecutors. You will keep your lawyer license, I guarantee that," said Andreas.

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:23 pm

With the plaintiff out of picture, the prosecutors wanted to wrap up the case in a hurry. Still, they wanted a conviction, but this time they were willing to agree to all Victor's lawyer's conditions. Andreas worked out a deal -- Victor will plea no contest, his conviction will be sealed, and he will get a 9-day prison term for misdemeanor battery.

In the criminal court system no contest plea is the same as guilty verdict. However, unlike guilty verdict, no contest plea cannot be used against the defendant in the civil court system. This means that, if Bently decides to sue Victor in a civil court, he will be unable to take advantage of Victor's no contest plea.

Since the verdict will be sealed, Victor will retain his lawyer license.

"You won't stay in jail for 9 days. They will release you tomorrow -- the jails are overcrowded, anyone who receives less than 11-day term gets out next day," said Andreas.

As Andreas predicted, Victor along with 8 prisoners with similar terms was released at 5: 20 AM. Victor used his cellphone to order a large limo, and told the other former prisoners that he will be taking all of them home. "Cheers to the rich white guy!!" said an African American prisoner who was convicted of stealing a pack of bananas from the supermarket.

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Victor used to paly tennis with his childhood friend, Marshall. every other Saturday. Marshall was a senior FBI agent. One day Victor asked him after the game if he knows anything about the Bently abduction.

"I heard about the Bently investigation. The FBI was involved. I do not know the details. But if you want to know more, you could come to my office tonight. I will be working from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM," said Marshall. "I'll be there," said Victor.

Marshall looked at the computer files with the data about the Bently case and said, "The FBI checked reports from all states to see if an ambulette was stolen within the last 6 months. None was missing. After that they checked if anyone bought an ambulette. There were 3 purchases. All three were legit, the cars were sold to reputable companies, not to individuals. After that The FBI turned the investigation back to LAPD."

"What do you think had happened?" said Victor. "There are two possibilities. CoS might have bribed a driver, who agreed to deliver Bently to them. But this is a remote possibility because it would be hard to find a driver who would agree to participate in a crime. Most likely, CoS stole an ambulette from a company, used it to kidnap Bently and then returned the ambulette to its owner without them realizing that it was missing for a short time. The whole operation would have taken less than an hour." said Marshall.

"What about Bently's body?" said Victor. "They could have buried him in a forest in a shallow grave, " said Marshall.

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Peter's name came up several times during Victor-Linda family sessions. Following the therapist's advice Linda told Victor Peter's story.

Peter's Mom was a third-generation Scientologist. She was poorly educated and could not survive outside Sea Org. Peter's father's name was not mentioned on his birth certificate. Soon after his birth doctors told Peter's Mom that he was autistic. Taking him out for a diagnosis from the WOG psychologists was the smartest thing that she did. But she didn't have a choice because the CoS kindergarten nannies could not control him. Mom was ashamed of her son, she damped him onto SO when he was 11 and after that visited him only twice.

Peter grew up in SO. He was not stupid, as his coworkers thought -- he had trouble communicating with the people, but otherwise he was OK. His IQ was 98, which is slightly below the average of 100.

Peter thought that LRH's writing were boring, so he pretended that he didn't understand them. His superiors decided that he is good for the simplest tasks only. Peter was released of duty of studying the LRH legacy. At the age of 14 Peter became a health fanatic after he saw a documentary about bodybuilder contests. He didn't have money to pay for a gym, but he developed a stern physical regiment and followed it religiously.

Linda was Peter's only friend. After Linda told Peter that she will be leaving SO in a month he expressed the desire to go with her. "First of all, I will have to find a place for you to live. That could take time. But I promise that I'll get you out of here," said Linda. She kept her promise, Peter left SO sooner than they both expected.

Demented Lron

Post by Demented Lron » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Young people with mental disabilities are kept in specialized facilities if their relatives cannot take care of them. There are special programs allowing these people to work as volunteers in nursing homes, kindergartens and other institutions. Some of them are capable of working full time and earn money. There are job placement programs for them.

Linda discussed with Melody Peter's situation two months after her departure from Sea Org. Melody arranged Peter's evaluation by a psychologist, who came to conclusion that Peter is eligible to stay in an "aid facility" and have a full time job.

Week after his nonviolent escape from SO Peter got a room at such facility, and a job as a truck driver delivering food supplies to local LA restaurants. His physical strength was the key factor in getting this job because he could unload trucks without someone's help.

Every work day before going to her work, Linda would stop at Peter's place and have a breakfast with him at a nearby diner (her shift was staring at 8:00 AM, his -- at 9:30 AM). One day Linda witnessed how CoS made a failed attempt to "recover" Peter.

TO BE CONTINUED

Return to “Opinions & Debate”