How I Fooled the E-meter.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Re: How I Fooled the E-meter.

Post by Wieber » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Scientology had a training device that could be attached to an e-meter. It had buttons on it that when pressed would make specific reads on the emeter. If a device can be made that simulates any type of read on the emeter then a device can be made that can detect any type of read on the emeter. That being the case, software can be developed to detect those reads and coded to interpret them. Following that through, software can be written to replace auditors.

I had those blasphemous thoughts when I was still involved in Scientology but I knew that I should never tell them. When a person is involved with Scientology I think they get a sense of what kind of thoughts will get them in trouble if they're ever communicated. Since those thoughts are never communicated to anyone no withholds can ever be missed with regard to them and no amount of auditing or sec checking will ever find them.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

doodledoo

Post by doodledoo » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:50 am

Yea that would be a box of resistors, you would think for the price you pay for that thing it would have a self test function.
It seems it is used as a blackmail machine or mind control prop. I think the E-meter is total BS as it is used.
I just do not know if the groups outside of Co$ use it in a more ethical way or if the e-meter is evil and should be eradicated. I just do not know because I am an outsider.
I some point Co$ is likely too copy this new e-meter and get the benefits too. I do think it is unlikely Co$ could come up with it themselves.

It will give those outside the Co$ a major, but temporary, edge over Co$ which could further erode it.
It is just once the idea is out it will have a life of its own.
Last edited by doodledoo on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:21 pm

doodledoo wrote:Yea that would be a box of resistors, you would think for the price you pay for that thing it would have a self test function.
It seems it is used as a blackmail machine or mind control prop. I think the E-meter is total BS as it is used.
I just do not know if the groups outside of Co$ use it in a more ethical way or if the e-meter is evil and souled be eradicated. I just do not know because I am an outsider.
I some point Co$ is likely too copy this new e-meter and get the benefits too. I do think it is unlikely Co$ could come up with it themselves.

It will give those outside the Co$ a major, but temporary, edge over Co$ which could further erode it.
It is just once the idea is out it will have a life of its own.
The Freezone (independent scientologists) use what they call the c-meter aka mindwalker.

http://st83.org/services/emeter.html

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:39 pm

doodledoo wrote:I have no doubt Hubbard was not the craftsman who actually made it.

But I have a real question. I was not joking about drastically reducing the cost of the e-meter to maybe 5 bucks, not to mention improved and new features, near unlimited personalization. And CoS would be completely powerless to stop it. I don't know if it is a good idea to do that. One thought is it might help undermine the official CoS and give aid to the those outside of the official CoS.
I just don't know if its a good idea or not. :?
I’m not sure about this, but I heard that CoS have an exclusive right to use the e-meter. This is not a patent because there is an expiration date on every patent but something else, although I’m not sure what it is. Perhaps, it falls under the heading of use of religious artifacts.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:42 pm

A $cientologist has to have a meter certified ever so often (how often I don't remember). That said, a CO$ Scientologist has to have a meter in certification in order to use it. I don't think the CO$ is going to certify a meter that was made by someone else.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:32 pm

The word “e-meter” is a Scientology trademark (TM), which means that a similar device made outside CoS cannot be marketed as an “E-meter”. That is why Freezoners use another word for their version of e-meter. I do not know how different these two devices are in terms of their electric circuits.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

doodledoo

Post by doodledoo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:25 pm

I feel the e-meter has too much potential for abuse. Also I really like what Geir Isene said about Scientology how it is corroding and unable to change. Its in terminal decline. I sure do not want to jeopardize the demise of this criminal syndicate.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:20 pm

doodledoo wrote:I feel the e-meter has too much potential for abuse. Also I really like what Geir Isene said about Scientology how it is corroding and unable to change. Its in terminal decline. I sure do not want to jeopardize the demise of this criminal syndicate.
Yes, the potential for the abuse is huge. But even those who pass the e-meter security checks in flying colors could still end up in the RPF (see my thread, The Road to RPF), so the e-meter readings do not matter much.

The e-meter abuse comes in a different form when the damn device ‘confirms” that a person is communicating with the spirits (thetans) during the OT sessions – this is a purest form of brainwashing.
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:03 pm

During OT auditing a person is communicating with his/her body thetans. Here comes the first question -- what are you? A spirit could say that it is an astray, iceberg, paperclip, etc. if the answer is correct, the needle is floating.

This shows how ridiculous this e-meter procedure is -- the person, actually, says anything that comes to his head, and the e-meter is supposed to confirm it!

If the needle is not floating, thetan is asked the second question -- who are you? This is an equivalent of asking the spirit “what is your name?”.

Do the spirits have names? Who gave them their names? What do their names represent?

This procedure goes on until the spirit gives its correct name, and the floating needle confirms it! This is bullshit, of course, but a person must be completely brainwashed to believe in it.
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:37 pm

According to Hubbard, when a pre-Clear’s engram is erased, his needle is floating. Why? There is only one explanation that I’m aware of -- the charge, whatever it might be, is gone, so the needle is floating.

But the e-meter is a modified ohmmeter, which means that the body resistance was changed during the engram erasure. The electric resistance of the body doesn’t depend on any kind of charge, be that electric charge or nucleonic charge or electron spin, etc; so the whole idea of floating needle is bogus; Hubbard could have said, with the same degree of confidence, that the needle is NOT supposed to be floating after the engram is deactivated.

The interpretation of the floating needle “phenomenon” is completely arbitrary like anything else in Scientology.
L. Ron Hubbard

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:16 am

I'm not sure what the floating needle means (technically anyway). My layman theory is that a floating needle can happen just because you feel better about something. That doesn't prove the existence of engrams, BT's or anything in $cientology. I can remember several times thinking of something I didn't want to admit while holding the cans. And then the dreaded "THAT, what did you just think of?? Yeah THAT!!" On several occasions I just thought of something less embarrassing (or less incriminating as it were) and confessed that. Then I was told "Thank you, your needle floated on that one".

I guess I wasn't thinking about the DementedLRH "grip tech" :D

There is some technical validity to the e-meter reads as it is, after all, a crude lie detector device. If you get something off your chest, or you are forced to keep doing a $cientology mind-fuck process or procedure to "EP", then I can see how the resulting "charge blow" (the brain releasing dopamines and serotonin just in self defense) can produce the "floating needle."

That reminds me of LRH study tech. Remember "mass" and "significance"? Let's say I go to a "show and tell." I bring an old lamp and say it has been in my family for generations and I tell a great story about the lamp. The lamp is "mass". It is real. You can examine it and everything. But everything I told you about the lamp is the "significance". I could have bought it at a garage sale last week and could be lying my ass off.

Point is, the e-meter phenomena, the line charging after auditing sessions, etc. are the "mass." They are real. Then you are fed the "significance" of those things; what Dianetics and $cientology SAYS they are supposed to mean.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm

^^Talking about the “mass” – we were having a field day at ESMB when someone quoted Hubbard, who wrote that the engram has a mass! One of the respondents wrote that he has a pound of engrams and is willing to sell them. This could be fun if you forget for a moment that Scientology is a mind-fuck.
L. Ron Hubbard

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:47 pm

LOL! :lol:

No wonder my head feels so heavy! I've go about 20 pounds of engrams in there!
But, that's okay, I'm going to keep my engrams because I've seen what happens to people who lose them (same goes with the space cooties).

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 pm

I met Fred when we both were slaving for Sea Org. Fred was a Clear who dreamed about becoming an OT; he told me that the people who have reached OT 7 have their needle floating no matter what they say in response to a question. Fred didn’t know how to explain this phenomenon.

At first I thought that the hapless folk who have reached OT 7 level are in some kind of mental stupor which disconnects them from reality (at that time I was an atheist who didn’t believe in the OT crap; although I wholeheartedly believed in Dianetics). But after giving it a second thought I came up with a more realistic explanation.

Before a person completes OT 7 level, they receive hundreds of hours of auditing, which, in majority of the cases, allows them to learn how to fool the e-meter (this is kind of a trial-and-error method). They do not call their acquired knowledge “cheating”, they call it a “mastery over the MEST universe”, or something like that.
L. Ron Hubbard

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:04 pm

EXCELLENT POINT, Demented LRH. Operating Thetans think they're Homo Novis, better than ordinary people, but their accomplishment is to subconsciously learn how to fool the e-meter. You achieved that almost immediately.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”