Where to put this?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Re: Where to put this?

Post by Wieber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 am

J. Swift started a thread, September is Scientology's Worst Month and I got visions again.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=284744

By visions I mean an image seen by my mind's eye. Do they mean anything? Most likely not, and they are most likely due to my wishes. I decided not to contaminate J. Swift's thread with this stuff, so I decided to put it here.

What I see for this September are results of a chain of events that started some time ago and that have been chugging along without anyone being aware of them. Scientology will start to see some of the effects of that chain of events or those chains of events and will be able to do little if anything about them.

I think it behooves those involved in Scientology management to look up the word, 'entropy,' because they will soon be experiencing it.

I also see an image of a hardwood branch that looks very sturdy but that has been eaten away and rotting from the inside. It looks strong but when any kind of load is applied it crumbles to dust and collapses.

I'm not psychic. I have no amazing oatie abilities. I cannot see the future. Having said that I think it will be fun to see if any of the events involving Scientology this September will fit any of the above or can be made to fit, you know, like a self fulfilling prophecy.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 am

Yes, it appears that we have a "downward spiral" in progress. LRH said that the only way you can control people is to lie to them. That's half of it. Then you need a way to silence or even destroy critics and whistleblowers to protect the lie. A lie can only control people if it is perceived as the truth.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Got a family member in the cult coming for a visit and critical comments are taboo?

I don't know if this will work but I think it's worth trying.

Either take them to a Fellini movie or show them one on your TV.

Any Fellini movie will do. You don't have to bring up the cult or say anything at all about it.

I have yet to come away from watching one of Fellini's movies without seeing the world around me like I was looking at it for the very first time. That might just be enough to get the person questioning their cult environment.

Like I say, I don't know if it will work but I think it's worth a try.
Doris Lessing

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:37 am

Wieber wrote:Now that I'm away from and out of Scientology this is my impression of what happened.

From the day I crossed the threshold of a Scientology org the entire organization under the direction of its leader acted deliberately to destroy me for the benefit of its leader.

The staff members acting as agents and minions of that leader don't really know that's what they are doing.

They failed.

That's putting my experience and my take on it, as an expression of my opinion, into a nutshell.
The CO$, in a nutshell, is a cult. To be more specific, it is a business cloaked as a religion. The only "products" they sell you are broken promises, false hopes, and a major mind-fuck.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:13 pm

You will find references to Karen's video in her thread and on Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker.

The video is titled,
Part 2
Treating AIDS with chiropractors the Church of Scientology Way

Her is the link to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0S-lVQB ... e=youtu.be

On the video Bill Strass commented about how Scientology dealt with his wife. "She was asking to leave for six months and they wouldn't let her go and then they booted her out."

I don't know if I have stated this elsewhere but I think Scientology has what I call Control Or Die Syndrome or CODS for short. Under any and all circumstances Scientology must be in control over every situation. In Scientology control is defined as "start change stop." The organization dramatizes this compulsive obsession all the time in many ways. I'm not going to start citing examples of this. Keep it in mind as you read about Scientology or people's stories from being in Scientology and those examples will pop out at you.

One of the most observable forms of Scientology's overweening need to control occurs when people want to leave Scientology. This goes right back to Hubbard in his early days with Dianetics before he started Scientology.

L. Ron Hubbard Jr. talks about this in his 1983 Penthouse interview.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews ... w-1983.htm

When I was on staff and had completed my contract I wanted to leave. I was told it was out ethics to leave without a replacement and since I was on the bottom of the org board in the most despised post getting that replacement was impossible. They finally said I was free to go and then a person from the Hubbard Communications Office (HCO) said he wanted to me to go with them because they had something to discuss with me. He took me to a small room where he guarded the door while the Executive Director (a sea org staff member) forced me to sign an agreement to join staff. That kept me on post and later I had to sign another contract.

About six months and about $700 in freeloader debt later another person from HCO ordered a committee of evidence (comm ev) on me. The subsequent confessional for that added $1,000 to my freeloader debt. Among the findings of the committee of evidence was that I was to be routed off staff, i.e., booted out. The committee of evidence's findings then had to be sent to Flag, which was then administering Scientology, to be approved. That took six months or longer. The approval finally came through and I was routed off with a $1,700 freeloader debt.

I made arrangements with my parents who lived in another city. They sent me money for bus fare and I went home. I think Scientology didn't like that. I have concluded that they were upset that I left the area where the org was without their permission. One clue for that was that a guardian's office staff member came to see me to find out "what my plans were."

So, control, control, control. Another thing I became aware of at that time and I think still exists is that all the parts of the Scientology organization do not have a clue what all the other parts of Scientology are doing. The organization is very highly compartmentalized. Communication tends to go up and down but it rarely goes across. In addition to the guardian's office staff member I also got phone calls from a registrar, an ethics officer, a member of staff in another org and the division head of the division I worked in. They all pretty much asked the same question. Later on a person acting as a field staff member (FSM) showed up to get me to pay my freeloader debt, when I had already paid off most of it. The field staff member who manages that gets 10% of the amount of freeloader debt they arrange to collect.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Wow, critics can ask Field Staff Members if they are collecting freeloader debt, and then tell them the contract is invalid and unenforceable, so they are LYING when they say the debt MUST be paid.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Need a little entertainment?

Here's the Rick Roll in Klingon.

http://www.themarysue.com/klingon-rick-roll/
Doris Lessing

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:21 am

Wieber wrote:Need a little entertainment?

Here's the Rick Roll in Klingon.

http://www.themarysue.com/klingon-rick-roll/
LOL! :lol:

M. Bishop

Post by M. Bishop » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm going to give that link to everyone that says I have way too much time on my hands.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Just for fun I did an image search today, October 25, 2013, on Google for 'scientology.' This image is the first three screens of images attached together.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

I wrote another song about Scientology. This is not "to the tune of."
I have in mind a rapid tempo 4/4 time rock beat to it with a minimalist almost tuneless melodic structure.

Yelling At An Ashtray

Yelling at an ashtray
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To make it do what I say
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To you it may look crazy
It makes me a temporary Oh-Tee

It's called an upper indoc
The course is cheap fifty bucks
Will make me a scientologist
And handle the ruin in my life

At least that's what they promised
(Who are they?)
They said my best friend's L. Ron Hubbard
(Who are they?)
Even though I never met him
But he looks cool with that feather pen

Down the hall he has an office
Although he's dead and never been here
On his desk there's a real big ashtray
And a pack of KOOL no filters

Yelling at an ashtray
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To make it do what I say
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To you it may look crazy
Doris Lessing

heyjupiter

Post by heyjupiter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Wieber wrote:I wrote another song about Scientology. This is not "to the tune of."
I have in mind a rapid tempo 4/4 time rock beat to it with a minimalist almost tuneless melodic structure.

Yelling At An Ashtray

Yelling at an ashtray
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To make it do what I say
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To you it may look crazy

It's called an upper indoc
The course is cheap fifty bucks
Will make me a scientologist
And handle the ruin in my life

At least that's what they promised
(Who are they?)
They said my best friend's L. Ron Hubbard
(Who are they?)
Even though I never met him
But he looks cool with that feather pen

Down the hall he has an office
Although he's dead and never been here
On his desk there's a real big ashtray
And a pack of KOOL no filters

Yelling at an ashtray
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To make it do what I say
(Stand up! Sit down!)
To you it may look crazy
Liking this but not sure about the 4 4 timing. I can actually hear these lyrics to that Kraftwerk tune- We are The Robots- or summat in the style of Gary Numan.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 am

Hmmm. I didn't think of it that way. I think it would be cool with synthesizers.

By the way, if you get the expanded copy of Gary Numan's 'Replicas' you will find an awful lot of Scientology references in the lyrics. It's hard for me to believe he wasn't involved at some point. If he was the lyrics are not positive with regard to Scientology.

In particular note the songs, "Only a Downstat" and "We Have a Technical." I think "You Are In My Vision" is a reference to the TRs at least in the chorus.
You are in my vision
I can't turn my face
You are in my vision
I can't move my eyes
You are in my vision
I can't move at all
You are in my vision
Doris Lessing

heyjupiter

Post by heyjupiter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Wieber wrote:Hmmm. I didn't think of it that way. I think it would be cool with synthesizers.

By the way, if you get the expanded copy of Gary Numan's 'Replicas' you will find an awful lot of Scientology references in the lyrics. It's hard for me to believe he wasn't involved at some point. If he was the lyrics are not positive with regard to Scientology.

In particular note the songs, "Only a Downstat" and "We Have a Technical." I think "You Are In My Vision" is a reference to the TRs at least in the chorus.
You are in my vision
I can't turn my face
You are in my vision
I can't move my eyes
You are in my vision
I can't move at all
You are in my vision
I didn't know about this Wieber, but I loved Gary Numan when I was a teenager. Replicas certainly paints a picture of a cold and isolating society. I think this quote about it could well sum up the vision that L Ron had for us all:

" Replicas was based on a book Numan hoped to complete someday, set in a not-too-distant future metropolis where Machmen (androids with cloned human skin) and other machines keep the general public cowed on orders from the Grey Men (shadowy officials)"

I think Gary read a lot of William S Burroughs, so maybe the references were gleaned from that and HIS experience of $cientology. I am going to play the album and try to fit your lyrics with some of the tracks. It'll be a giggle. :D

Return to “Opinions & Debate”