Where to put this?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
bubbler

Re: Where to put this?

Post by bubbler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:24 am

How bout like Hawkwind ... ?
:xenu:

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 pm

As a service to Scientology's Office of Special Affairs (OSA) I offer this suggestion.
Get rubber stamps made based on the sample shown here. Then when you encounter
entheta or a suppressive person or just something you don't like you can grab your
handy SP stamp and declare that person or thing suppressive with two quick motions --
ink, stamp -- declared!

“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:55 am

People keep asking how the cult got me. There are variations on that question. One variant is, 'How does the cult go out there and get people to join it?'

I think I figured that out.

I think the very first thing that needs to be established in a person is a desire for something. If that desire is not there the person that a cult member approaches will be immune to the approach.

Step one is to identify a desire or to influence the person so that they have a desire.

Once that is done the next step is to convince the person that they need to change themselves so that they can then achieve what they desire. This puts the person into a frame of mind where they can be manipulated to change.

The next step is to suggest to the person that the organization, of which the person making the approach is a member, has the wherewithal for the approached person to make the changes required to achieve their desire.

The accomplishment of those three steps is sufficient to get the person past the outer layer of the metaphorical onion that is the cult so that they are now on the inside where other thought reform techniques can be applied to them.

At this point the fishing metaphor can come into play. The prospective cult member now has the hook in their mouth but it needs to be set. That is a whole other story.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:45 am

To the above I should have added that the members of the cult who go out and recruit new people to join the cult and then indoctrinate and apply thought reform to them do not know how what they are doing affects the people on the receiving end of their actions. They think those actions produce one particular result while they are getting some other different result instead.

Usually it takes leaving the cult and then reading the books they were not allowed to read on cults that they get an inkling of what they were really doing and what was really done to them. When that happens they usually get very angry.

My own experience was that it was very difficult and very upsetting to eventually admit to myself that I had been duped and brainwashed.

Oh, and for those who are still involved with Scientology you can believe whatever you want but I have no respect for your so called religion, whatsoever, so don't even try asking for it. Tommy Davis, does that make you angry, real angry?
Doris Lessing

SeeYaBye

Post by SeeYaBye » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Wieber wrote:People keep asking how the cult got me. There are variations on that question. One variant is, 'How does the cult go out there and get people to join it?'

I think the very first thing that needs to be established in a person is a desire for something. If that desire is not there the person that a cult member approaches will be immune to the approach.

Step one is to identify a desire or to influence the person so that they have a desire.

Once that is done the next step is to convince the person that they need to change themselves so that they can then achieve what they desire. This puts the person into a frame of mind where they can be manipulated to change.

The next step is to suggest to the person that the organization, of which the person making the approach is a member, has the wherewithal for the approached person to make the changes required to achieve their desire.

The accomplishment of those three steps is sufficient to get the person past the outer layer of the metaphorical onion that is the cult so that they are now on the inside where other thought reform techniques can be applied to them.

At this point the fishing metaphor can come into play. The prospective cult member now has the hook in their mouth but it needs to be set. That is a whole other story.
That pretty much sums it up. I suppose, with all of the information on the cult that is now out there, the job of getting new people in is much more difficult than it was 35 yrs ago when I was on staff. Back then there was very little negative info on the cult, and of course no internet. Now, if I want to hire a plumber, I research it on the web. If I had never heard of Scientology, and someone approached me about it, I would of course do a thorough web investigation first. And I'm an old dude. Young people are even more diligent in their use of the internet. I wouldn't want the job of a Div 6 registrar (ie: job of getting new people into the "church") in this day and age.
"The truth is the kindest thing we can give folks in the end." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:10 am

SeeYaBye wrote:
Wieber wrote:People keep asking how the cult got me. There are variations on that question. One variant is, 'How does the cult go out there and get people to join it?'

That pretty much sums it up. I suppose, with all of the information on the cult that is now out there, the job of getting new people in is much more difficult than it was 35 yrs ago when I was on staff. Back then there was very little negative info on the cult, and of course no internet. Now, if I want to hire a plumber, I research it on the web. If I had never heard of Scientology, and someone approached me about it, I would of course do a thorough web investigation first. And I'm an old dude. Young people are even more diligent in their use of the internet. I wouldn't want the job of a Div 6 registrar (ie: job of getting new people into the "church") in this day and age.
Yes, and most people, especially the most-vulnerable-to-cult-aged ones have their Internet connection right there with them. Hey, all - xenu.net
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Wieber described how the cult recruiters work, he gave a very good picture of their techniques. However, not all Scientologists were actually recruited by a cult member, some, including myself, came to CoS on their own, without any prodding.

The only recruiting tool that I encountered was a TV commercial promoting Book 1. I didn’t feel that something was missing in my life, I just got curious about the book, so I bought it; its price, $10, looked like a good bargain.

The first 2/3 of the book was of no interest to me, the topics were trivial and I was totally unimpressed by what I read. I skipped most of the material. I should have put the book aside but, unfortunately, I have a rule: I finish reading every book that I started (the only exception from this rule was an extremely boring novel, Green Mars, which resembled a geological survey of Mars).

The last 1/3 of the book, with its material about Dianetics auditing, was very interesting, although I didn’t see myself as a future auditor.

The sole phrase that got me into the cult was this one -- more research in Dianetics is needed. If this phrase were not in Book 1, I would have never joined CoS because my initial assumption was that Hubbard completed all research, there was nothing left for me.
But now I thought that I could continue researching the reactive mind, which would lead me to the fame (glory, glory, glory!)

When I was moving my ass up the Bridge (I got to Level 0), numerous Sea Org recruiters tried to convinced me to join Sea Org. I was not interested in their proposals until I made my own calculations; it turned out that I could save a lot of money if I join Sea Org and continue moving to the higher levels free of charge (I was planning to reach Level V and then begin my own Dianetics research).

I begun discussions with Sea Org recruiters. I was asking them if their Orgs could put me on a fast track so I could get to Level V in 4 or 5 months. They were honest, they told me that they cannot strike a deal with me. I think they were smart because they figured out that I could leave Sea Org at any moment if my condition is not met.

The OSA recruiters were stupid, they gave me a promise that they could not keep. I left OSA after working for 5 months for them as a paralegal. I think they lied to me because they desperately needed professional paralegals, not the stupid trainees without any experience in jurisprudence.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 pm

In recognition of Mike Rinder's actions, especially his recent helicopter ride, I have decided to assign him super hero status. I will now occasionally refer to him as 'The Rinder.'

(Note to Mike Rinder: No capes!)
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:31 am

Atheists Take IRS To Court Over Preferential Treatment Given To Religious Organizations

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/at ... pUuK-Lm83F
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:03 am

This picture was posted in another thread in the Media Reports section.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=121926&view=unread#unread

Whenever I see a picture like this that obviously has people involved with Scientology in it
I cannot help but wonder, 'Now which of these people will be joining us at the Bake in the
next year or so?'
Doris Lessing

heyjupiter

Post by heyjupiter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Wieber wrote:Image
This picture was posted in another thread in the Media Reports section.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=121926&view=unread#unread

Whenever I see a picture like this that obviously has people involved with Scientology in it
I cannot help but wonder, 'Now which of these people will be joining us at the Bake in the
next year or so?'
What the devil is it??? I see some Santy Claus hats but also a rather peculiar looking creature at the rear of the incredibly tacky fringed Transportation Device that has antennae if I am not mistaken. Made me chuckle- with derision.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:39 pm

This ring with the lights inside looks like a used condom to me. Well, at least the condoms could be used for the greater good, but Scientology is completely useless.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:28 pm

On first glance at this picture I thought it was a hover craft. If you make your vision blurry it kind of looks like one. Now that I'm looking at it critically (I know Scientology, you hate criticism) the float looks really cheesy. It's like Scientology's management said, "for the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics we need a float that takes up space in the parade."

Then there are the outwalkers. They're like outriders but they're on foot. Are they walking with the float to keep the SPs away from it?

Then there's the guy with the big head near the back. Why has he got antennae?
Doris Lessing

heyjupiter

Post by heyjupiter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Wieber wrote:Image

On first glance at this picture I thought it was a hover craft. If you make your vision blurry it kind of looks like one. Now that I'm looking at it critically (I know Scientology, you hate criticism) the float looks really cheesy. It's like Scientology's management said, "for the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics we need a float that takes up space in the parade."

Then there are the outwalkers. They're like outriders but they're on foot. Are they walking with the float to keep the SPs away from it?

Then there's the guy with the big head near the back. Why has he got antennae?
I think Antennae Man is their replacement For Santa- they are trying to hijack christmas.

It doesn't matter how you look at their float- it's just not very good really .........I wonder if they are pedalling it or if some Sea Org staff are underneath crawling along with it on their backs, hidden by that oh so tasteful fringe around the base.The mind boggles.

anondelmundial

Post by anondelmundial » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:36 pm

OMG!!! You people are so...something!! This float (remember this noun) is nothing more than an anteater. If one looks carefully at the front of the float, you will see that the float is named "NESS", you know, the Loch NESS monster.

The Crutch of Scientology is the Master of the Universe. This device is actually a floating display, powered by an anti-gravity device designed by LRHubbard hisself. The out-walkers are simply picking up the hail of coins and paper money that the world at large is throwing at the "float" in an ancient process for eliminating evil.

I note with feigned interest that in the far right behind "big badge guy", that the onlookers are exposing their butts in the universal sign of adulation.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”