Where to put this?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Wieber

Re: Where to put this?

Post by Wieber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Scientology's Office of Special Affairs (OSA) has a new post on their org board.

Have a look at this screen capture from Mark Bunker's video taken at the IAS gala in Clearwater.

The new post is board holder or BH. The person in charge of the board holders is, of course, called the board holder in charge or the BH(I/C). The purpose of the BH is to help L. Ron Hubbard shield Scientology events so that they cannot be observed, photographed or filmed by non Scientologists, especially ones who are declared suppressive persons (SPs). The product of the post is blocked viewing and the statistic is well done blocked viewing minutes (WDBVM).
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:27 am

Wieber wrote:Image

On first glance at this picture I thought it was a hover craft. If you make your vision blurry it kind of looks like one. Now that I'm looking at it critically (I know Scientology, you hate criticism) the float looks really cheesy. It's like Scientology's management said, "for the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics we need a float that takes up space in the parade."

Then there are the outwalkers. They're like outriders but they're on foot. Are they walking with the float to keep the SPs away from it?

Then there's the guy with the big head near the back. Why has he got antennae?
That might be Cri-Cri, the grandson of his creator is a Scientologist:
ImageImage
http://cienciologiaenmexico.wordpress.com/
Mexico's Cri Cri hijacked
Scientology has hijacked Cri-Cri the singing cricket, a character known and loved by generations of Mexican children.

Among the nonentities wheeled out by Scientology for this year's Christmas parade down Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles was at least one true star – or rather the character that made him immortal.

Somebody dressed up as Mexico’s Cri-Cri, the singing cricket, made an appearance at the event promoting The Way to Happiness Foundation. And according to this press release, Cri-Cri also appears on copies of The Way to Happiness booklet distributed in Southern California.
http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com ... i-cri.html

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:12 pm

The following is called parody.

. . . you know she . . . They said, “So like have you met a Scientologist?” And I looked at them and ah you know and I thought, how what a beautiful thing because maybe one day it’ll be like that. You know what I’m saying. Maybe one day it’ll be that – Wow Scientologists! Like they’ll just read about those in the history books, you know?
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm bringing this here from the Media Reports section. I really like what Jon Atack has to say here in Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/21/jon-at ... more-12283
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:06 am

Merry Christmas!
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:40 am

Wieber wrote:Merry Christmas!
Same to you! Happy Holidays everyone!
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

heyjupiter

Post by heyjupiter » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Yuletide blessings to all xxxxx

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:20 am

Merry Christmas Wieber!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 pm

I have compiled several reading lists on WorldCat.org. I think two of those lists are of interest to people coming to this message board. I think it is worthwhile periodically to direct attention to these lists.

https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/1768991
This reading list is titled 'Scientology.' It lists books written about Scientology that are not published by Scientology.

Most of the books on this list are critical of Scientology but I think a few of them may have favorable things to say about it.

https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/563909
I call this list, 'Resources Related to Cults, Coercion, Abuse and Recovery.' There is some overlap with this reading list and the one on Scientology.

The books on this list tend to be more generic on the subject of cults and there are books included that, I hope, will help people leaving cults to recover from having been in them.

An example of such a book is, What Color is Your Parachute? That book is all about finding a fulfilling job and has nothing at all in it about cults. The reason it's included is because typically when a person leaves a cult they come away with a slim to non existent resume, no contacts, no useable references and no idea how to get viable work.

There are some resources for you. All the books on the lists are in libraries. Some are available on line as pdf files that can be downloaded without cost.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 pm

For the new, young escapee, I also recommend The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke, by Suze Orman, at http://www.suzeorman.com/books-kits/boo ... and-broke/

For a young person who has only known the constant human rights violations in Sea Org, I recommend watching Judge Judy to see how logic, evidence, and justice work even for minor crimes.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:31 am

Don Carlo wrote:For the new, young escapee, I also recommend The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke, by Suze Orman, at http://www.suzeorman.com/books-kits/boo ... and-broke/

For a young person who has only known the constant human rights violations in Sea Org, I recommend watching Judge Judy to see how logic, evidence, and justice work even for minor crimes.
I started a new list called, Resources For Recent Ex Cult Members.

https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/3227555

The items on this list do not necessarily have anything to do with cults. This resource list is intended to provide a person who has recently left a cult with advice to help them set themselves up to get on with their life. Typically people who leave cults come away with nothing in the way of money, possessions, contacts, resume, adequate education, or anything else. Right now it has two items. I am open to suggestions for other items to add.
Doris Lessing

anondelmundial

Post by anondelmundial » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:40 am

Don Carlo wrote:For the new, young escapee, I also recommend The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke, by Suze Orman, at http://www.suzeorman.com/books-kits/boo ... and-broke/

Suze Oman's book should be required reading for young people, especially those enrolling in university. Recent stats show that only 56% of university students actually graduate. Almost every college student has "taken advantage" of the student loan system, yet not only those students who drop out, but also many of those who graduate, cannot find the income to pay their loan debts and have any money to live on. Those who tend to survive their educational costs are trade students, engineering, biotechnology, and some few science/mathematics graduates. I know of a young woman, probably 140+ IQ, speaks fluently seven languages, graduate of the University of Colorado summa cum laude, who cannot get a job with even the US government in the foreign services. She is not an exception.

Ex-Scientologist youth, given their discipline to the cult, might have the unbridled ambition and discipline to make something of themselves if they have awaken to their former lives. I don't believe that they can do this: the Big Beings who have, or are, making something of their lives are a very small minority.

I enjoy Judge Judy, but she deals mainly with the lowest of the low, and her logic and knowledge of the law is lost on me.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 am

The pettiness of the crimes on Judge Judy is relevant to the theft of personal items, grabbing of commissions, and wage theft in Sea Org. People escaping need to understand right and wrong in the real world. I wish fraud and extortion were more dramatic and got covered on television, so Sea Org escapees could understand good and respectful treatment of customers.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Drug comparisons.

With Hubbard running things Scientology was like being on marijuana and LSD.
With David running things Scientology is like being on speed and cocaine.

("Like" doesn't mean "is." It means similar to. I don't need a rebuttal from anyone saying that they don't do drugs in Scientology. Than again do you really know what OSA does with your toothpaste?)
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:27 am

http://tonyortega.org/2014/01/18/jon-at ... more-12418

In Tony Ortega's Bunker, Jon Atack discusses the Scientology stare. I think I still have it. I don't blink much and I've learned not to engage in prolonged eye contact with people. Nevertheless I have got a few "What are you looking at?" challenges.

I told my psychologist about TRs and briefly showed them TR zero. It didn't exactly unnerve them but it did give them a mild case of the shivers. Actually that may have happened when I told them people in Scientology could and would do that for eight to twelve hours straight.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”