What the public say about the 4th Maiden Voyage event

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Gumbythetruth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Gumbythetruth » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:56 am

RealityWillTell wrote:Lets see in the other levels they've been ejecting BTs from most areas of the body already so

OT IX - masturbating them BTs out of that special area (sounds like a level some may never leave)

OT X - pulling them BTs outta your ass (same place they got these two new levels to scam people on)

Will the BS ever cease! :roll:
Reminds me of a MLM company i filmed for. Those people thought the products created miracles. Ah, the follie of group stupidity.

Guero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Guero » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 am

More promises, more lies, more fraud...

What about all the existing OTVIII's who've previously felt that they had reached the pinacle of "total freedom"? Surely there must be some with doubts right now.

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am

That vid is hilarious..just like a movie trailer.What other religion advertises for trips on a boat in this way?How many other religions even have a boat?
The whole concept is disgusting and elitist.It's run by Sea Org slaves and patronised by wealthy OT's.Scientology is designed for the rich,and those gullible enough to get themselves into huge debt.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:57 pm

OT X Data as handwritten by Hubbard himself....

songbird

Post by songbird » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:44 pm

I've received an email from Mr. Zimmer's agent, indicating that there is no music playing when he opens the link. He can see the graphic, but hears nothing. He has asked whether I can provide another link. I've done so.

When I open the link on my computer, the music is there. Is anyone else having trouble hearng it? Are there other links to this ad?

WhiteTrashMessiah

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 pm

songbird wrote:I've received an email from Mr. Zimmer's agent, indicating that there is no music playing when he opens the link. He can see the graphic, but hears nothing. He has asked whether I can provide another link. I've done so.

When I open the link on my computer, the music is there. Is anyone else having trouble hearng it? Are there other links to this ad?
Oh wow... The very fact that the agent is asking for another link to verify this is VERY encouraging. It indicates that he/she has no knowledge of authorization for the use of the clip. If he/she HAD known, I'm sure you would have been told right away. Footbullets away, lads! xD

As for the agent not being able to hear anything... LOL Internets. IIRC, Kilia had this type of problem a little while back and it came down to the sound panel configuration... She had to open it and untick the "mute" box for the CD sound. If the agent had been listening to a CD for example and used a "mute" function in the player software and never unmuted it before shutting it down, the must may well have "held over" into other programs.
MAYHEM. MUTINY. ENTURBULATION.

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

songbird

Post by songbird » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 am

WTM wrote:It indicates that he/she has no knowledge of authorization for the use of the clip.
Bingo!

Press releases have also been sent to several reporters who might be interested. Man the harpoons. :wink:

songbird

Post by songbird » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 am

This just rec'd from Mr. Zimmer's agent: "The link continues to not work, but the second link you sent worked just fine, thank you."

Now, we shall see where this goes... :wink:
SB

Little Bear Victor

Post by Little Bear Victor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:32 am

Songbird, you may have come across something bigger here.

You just reminded me that as of about 5 years ago DM's policy has been to use remixes of familiar music themes in Scientology events. How many of these have they asked for permission to use them in advertising Scientology and make millions of dollars with?

Might behoove to dig out any other recent events and see what else there is. IAS freedom medal winner videos at least had this specific order: Use well-known melodies. Another great DM® solution for the "incompetence" of Gold Musicians.
A short history of the Church of David Miscavige: From the fastest growing religion in the world to the fastest shrinking cult in the world in less than 20 years.

StormBringer

Post by StormBringer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:56 pm

OT IX and X are the Hanncock levels they will watch Hancock over and over until they can do everything Will Smith can do in that movie.

Atheist

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Sponge wrote:OT X Data as handwritten by Hubbard himself....
Lol!Thats's what ALL the OT levels should say!

songbird

Post by songbird » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Little Bear Victor wrote:Songbird, you may have come across something bigger here.

You just reminded me that as of about 5 years ago DM's policy has been to use remixes of familiar music themes in Scientology events. How many of these have they asked for permission to use them in advertising Scientology and make millions of dollars with?

Might behoove to dig out any other recent events and see what else there is. IAS freedom medal winner videos at least had this specific order: Use well-known melodies. Another great DM® solution for the "incompetence" of Gold Musicians.
Interesting! At the moment, I don't have the time to unearth these old event videos. However, if someone else can do it, I will volunteer to contact the composers/their agents/ASCAP.

The weird thing is ... these events are attended by Scn's film & TV celebs, who must surely be aware of the requirements for using copyrighted music. You'd think that TC or JT or one of 'em would have been curious enough to mention it ... to ask whether proper permissions had been gotten for use of the music. Maybe they just assumed that DM had done this?

WhiteTrashMessiah

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:16 pm

songbird wrote:
Little Bear Victor wrote:Songbird, you may have come across something bigger here.

Interesting! At the moment, I don't have the time to unearth these old event videos. However, if someone else can do it, I will volunteer to contact the composers/their agents/ASCAP.

The weird thing is ... these events are attended by Scn's film & TV celebs, who must surely be aware of the requirements for using copyrighted music. You'd think that TC or JT or one of 'em would have been curious enough to mention it ... to ask whether proper permissions had been gotten for use of the music. Maybe they just assumed that DM had done this?
The first rule of Scientology Club is, YOU DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS

The Second rule of Scientology Club is, YOU DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS

The third rule of Scientology club is, put your trust in David.

"GMs aren't allowed to tell you but the bridge quest is bugged. Even after you complete all the objectives, it stays on your quest list and you keep losing money. Only way to stop it is to log out and uninstall."

songbird

Post by songbird » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:25 pm

WhiteTrashMessiah wrote:The first rule of Scientology Club is, YOU DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS

The Second rule of Scientology Club is, YOU DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS

The third rule of Scientology club is, put your trust in David.
Good point. However, I would think that, at TC's or JT's level, one could.

Anyway... re this:
At the moment, I don't have the time to unearth these old event videos. However, if someone else can do it, I will volunteer to contact the composers/their agents/ASCAP.
If someone can do the research, I'm willing to do the contacts.

WhiteTrashMessiah

Post by WhiteTrashMessiah » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:33 pm

I'll submit it to the Hive, Songbird, and see what comes back.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”