Monique Rathbun v. Church of Scientology, et al.

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Demented LRH

Re: Monique Rathbun v. David Miscavige, et al.

Post by Demented LRH » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:33 pm

I don't understand one thing -- in her book, Beyond Belief, Jenna Miscavige described her Scientology sessions with Monique Rathbun, but Marty says that his wife was not a Scientologist.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Maybe Jenna meant Marty's first wife.

Also, Karen de la Carriere has videos of the proceedings at her thread, Discussion of Abuses at Int Base, Riverside, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41348&start=2550

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Tony reported: "Kendrick Moxon just scooted out of the courtroom. No idea."
Reader Avatar quipped: There was a bus about to leave and he had to be under it.
Yes he jumped and ran for cover as soon as Operation Snow White was mentioned :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendrick_Moxon wrote:He worked out of the Scientology intelligence agency known as the Guardian's Office (GO), and was named as an unindicted co-conspirator after the Federal Bureau of Investigation's investigation into criminal activities by Scientology operatives called "Operation Snow White".
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 am

Wife of Scientology critic details alleged church harassment, by Joe Childs, Tampa Bay Times, Sept 12, 2013,
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientolog ... ce/2141406

Former high-ranking Scientologist and his wife 'have been stalked and harassed by church bullies for FOUR years since they became skeptical and left the movement', by Jessica Jerreat, Sept. 13, 2013, Daily Mail, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2evGA72Vk

Karin Pouw

Post by Karin Pouw » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:25 am

Demented LRH wrote:I don't understand one thing -- in her book, Beyond Belief, Jenna Miscavige described her Scientology sessions with Monique Rathbun, but Marty says that his wife was not a Scientologist.
What page? I couldn't find it.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 am

Monique Rathbun was never a member of the Church of Scientology, and this is important for Monique's case against them; they should have NO reason to stalk and harass her.
She may have done auditing with Marty, so that's a kind of indie Scientology. I'm hope they keep the difference clear for her case.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Karin Pouw wrote:
Demented LRH wrote:I don't understand one thing -- in her book, Beyond Belief, Jenna Miscavige described her Scientology sessions with Monique Rathbun, but Marty says that his wife was not a Scientologist.
What page? I couldn't find it.
I don't have the book in front of me, but that is more than one page. Jenna calls her Mr. Rathbun, which is according to Sea Org rules. But, as Don Carlo noted, this may have been Marty's first wife (I didn't know that he was married twice).
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Albion

Post by Albion » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Monique and Marty married after he left Scientology. Tony Ortega covered this point in his court coverage last week. This from her lawyer Ray Jeffrey:

RAY: We will show that in Miscavige’s eyes, there is no bigger enemy than Monique’s husband, Marty Rathbun.

He fled Scientology and came to Texas. Met Monique, got married, living a quiet life. But then Marty began speaking out about the church. And the harassment began.

We will show that there is no one in Scientology who could order such an operation but Captain Miscavige.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/12/live-f ... n-hearing/

Frustratingly, Jenna's book does not have an index, but Scientology did wheel out Marty's former wife from his time inside Scientology to denounce him when CNN did its investigation into the top of the movement, naming her as Catherine Bernadini.

Perhaps this is the person Jenna refers to, though there may be more than former Mrs Rathbun. I don't mean that as a slight on any of the people involved, mind: Sea Org members do seem to marry and divorce a lot, due in large large part to the destructive nature of the environment they are forced to endure. That comes over very clearly in Jeff Hawkins memoir of his time inside: Counterfeit Dreams.

Pussy Riot

Post by Pussy Riot » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Albion wrote:
Monique and Marty married after he left Scientology. Tony Ortega covered this point in his court coverage last week. This from her lawyer Ray Jeffrey:

RAY: We will show that in Miscavige’s eyes, there is no bigger enemy than Monique’s husband, Marty Rathbun.

He fled Scientology and came to Texas. Met Monique, got married, living a quiet life. But then Marty began speaking out about the church. And the harassment began.

We will show that there is no one in Scientology who could order such an operation but Captain Miscavige.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/12/live-f ... n-hearing/

Frustratingly, Jenna's book does not have an index, but Scientology did wheel out Marty's former wife from his time inside Scientology to denounce him when CNN did its investigation into the top of the movement, naming her as Catherine Bernadini.

Perhaps this is the person Jenna refers to, though there may be more than former Mrs Rathbun. I don't mean that as a slight on any of the people involved, mind: Sea Org members do seem to marry and divorce a lot, due in large large part to the destructive nature of the environment they are forced to endure. That comes over very clearly in Jeff Hawkins memoir of his time inside: Counterfeit Dreams.
It's Mr (sic) Anne Rathbun who Jenna Miscavige Hill had dealings with inside Scientology (as well as Mr Marty Rathbun).
Scripture of the scientology religion: ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

El Jefe'

Post by El Jefe' » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 pm

@Demented LRH, Jenna was talking about Ann Rathbun, Marty's first wife.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:13 am

Monique's lawyer Ray Jeffrey might win big, making him famous as a giant-slayer. Miscavige's lawyers face the embarrassing stink of failure.

elwood

Post by elwood » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Don Carlo wrote:Monique's lawyer Ray Jeffrey might win big, making him famous as a giant-slayer. Miscavige's lawyers face the embarrassing stink of failure.
The lawyers get their money either way. They won't lose any sleep if they don't win.
When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
-- Dave Barry

bparker230

Post by bparker230 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:40 am

elwood wrote:
Don Carlo wrote:Monique's lawyer Ray Jeffrey might win big, making him famous as a giant-slayer. Miscavige's lawyers face the embarrassing stink of failure.
The lawyers get their money either way. They won't lose any sleep if they don't win.
Sure, they'll get their money either way, but losing is not good for their resumes.

riceytoffee

Post by riceytoffee » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Does anyone know any more on this? Last I heard was from the bunker last Friday. Anyone?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:51 pm

The Ortega Underground and The Tampa Bay Times would be on the alert for the judge making a ruling, and they're quick about reporting it, especially Tony O.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”