One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 pm 
Not to derail this thread, but this comment of Marty,s should be taken very seriously by those that oppose Hubbards madness.

Quote:
L. Ron Hubbard’s legacy shall be resurrected.

The above sentence sends shivers down my spine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm 

Someone good at Facebook & other new media (not me) could find and update some of these children, grandchildren etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 am 

I did some research of EL Ron on Ancestory.com. In a few minutes
came up with a few tidbits:

The 1920 Census shows him 8 years old living in San Diego CA.
Father Harry R Hubbard was 37 years old and a Chief Petty Officer
in the Navy. His Mother, Ledora M Hubbard was 31. Harry R
was born in Iowa. (Fayette, Iowa to be exact according to
a 1935 INS Ships manifest listing Harry and Ledora arriving
from Canal Zone) Ledora was born in Tilden Nebraska. Ledora's
father was born in Michigan, her mother in Illinois. I havent been
able to nail down Ledora's maiden name yet. Harry R Hubbards
father was born in Vermont, his mother in Pennsylvania.

The 1910 Census, year before the "Holy One" was born, shows
Harry and Ledora married, living in a rooming house in Sioux Falls,
South Dakota. Harry's occupation was listed as "Advertising, Publicity"
Ledora's as "none".

The 1935 ship passenger manifest (SS Pastore) lists Harry and
Ledora home adress as 756 5th ave, Helena, Montana. They arrived
in New York

I also came across a couple ship passenger lists, one in 1932 and
one in 1933, listing L.Ron as traveling aboard the SS Coamo from
San Juan P.R to New York.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 am 

Gumbythetruth wrote:
Not to derail this thread, but this comment of Marty,s should be taken very seriously by those that oppose Hubbards madness.

Quote:

Gumby, you have to realize what the Indies are doing when they make such statements. They are simply putting LRH back out in front of CoS where he belongs. DM has tried to vaporize LRH into non-existence into CoS. I am waiting for bronze busts of DM to appear in Ideal Orgs.

I am personally glad to see the Indies promoting the Old Man because I know it pisses off Slappy the Terrormidget to no end. In the contest between Dave and LRH, I want LRH to have the last laugh. I want to see all traces of DM obliterated from all CoS websites after he runs off to Bulgravia. It is very funny to see DM excoriated and exposed and LRH back in the spotlight. It is so... help me out here... it is so insouciant!

/////

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingScientology
http://www.survivingscientologyradio.com/
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 am 

[quote="daisy"]Thank you LBV and dear sir, Don Carlo. I had thought this guy was possibly Jon's relative: http://www.ethicalart.org/bio.html.

I see that Ro ann married a guy by the name of Leake. Did this Chris Leake come from SF Bay Area? I know of a Chris Leake from around here.

Once again thanks for the data.[/quote]

yes his mother was Debbie Leake now Rodgers and was on staff at Stevens Creek org for a very long time as a reg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:24 am 

I think that Marty had a lot of personal loyalty to Mary Sue from what he stated on his blog. It sounds like Mary Sue felt that DM was the reason she couldn't communicate with Hubbard in the 1980's. Marty claims that Miscavige hogged the communication line to Hubbard, and somehow Hubbard was unaware about it or was unable to do anything.

But our very own John Peeler mentioned some direct LRH communication into Int in the early 80's regarding some ethics programs. And the "pre-Marty Marty," namely David Mayo, also gave sworn testimony about a direct Hubbard order to have him essentially imprisoned at Int in the early 1980's. Hubbard had EVERY ability to communicate directly to Mary Sue if he had wanted to. I'm just not buying Marty's statement about this. I think Hubbard used Miscavige like he did everyone else, and he turned a deaf ear to his entire family to save his own Vistaril-jabbed butt (and to get the briefcases full of cash that Miscavige was dutifully taking to him).

To me the great poetic justice would be if Miscavige really DID replace Hubbard's image with his own. The entire Hubbard dynasty was decimated by the end: a disaffected son (Nibs), a son who committed suicide while in the Sea Org (Quentin), a wife who went to prison while loyally covering up Hubbard's complicity in Operation Snow White, and his two daughters who were once near the top of the Scientology command structure busted and one demoted to laundry officer. Not to mention Hubbard himself in hiding and dying in his Bluebird motor coach.

Is Marty really trying to say that the entire Hubbard dynasty was collectively outdone by a single high-school dropout? Doesn't all this say something really negative about the Hubbards and their severe lack of family cohesion? They couldn't have gotten together as a family and had Miscavige demoted to laundry officer in a heartbeat?

So now Marty is working on a book. I'm sure it is doing to contain his Hubbard whitewash. Marty, just tell it like it really was. David Mayo did. He should be your model. Don't let any "overts" that you and Mike Rinder may have committed against Mayo in the 1990's cloud your judgment on this, or the other crap you guys were involved with in the name of "standard Scientology." We are past the age of image, and now we just want truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:55 pm 
J. Swift wrote:
Gumbythetruth wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Gumby, you have to realize what the Indies are doing when they make such statements. They are simply putting LRH back out in front of CoS where he belongs.
/////

And that IS the very reason I am here. To see that LRH and all his lunacy is exposed for all the world to see. Then as now hopefully intelligent thinking people will continue to spread the truth on this MONSTER. This destroyer of minds and souls. L R Hubbard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:20 pm 

L.R. Hubbard's
Quote:
father was adopted by a family named Hubbard. Also, Hubbard told some stories about his mother killing a (his?) dog with a shovel, and his sad, neglected and lonely childhood
from Ladybird Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:06 pm from http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=30367

31 August. Henry August Wilson born at Fayette, Iowa. His mother dies at birth, he is adopted by Mr. and Mrs. James Hubbard of Frederiksburg, Iowa and renamed Harry Ross Hubbard. Later L. Ron Hubbard would claim all sorts of grandiose nonsense about his Hubbard lineage. From
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=19973

Post subject: Re: Hubbard Family Tree
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 am 

I added a teen marriage for Roanne Horwich (Diana Hubbard's daughter) and other info for that branch, on page 1.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:57 am 

I'mglib wrote:
Here is some more about LRH that to me is pretty interesting. In this version of his will, LRH specifically writes out two of his children. In fact, he denies that Alexis is his heir. What kind of man does this?
That's not unusual. After Sara divorced L. Ron & remarried Miles Hollister, Alexis was adopted by her stepfather. It wouldn't surprise me that any ill-feelings he had towards Sara included his daughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Northrup_Hollister

I have an acquaintance, Francesca Hilton, who lives in West Hollywood, who is the natural daughter of Conrad Hilton, the heir to the Hilton Hotel fortune. Conrad set aside enormous trust funds for his children & grandchildren that they would receive when they turned 21 (Paris Hilton, her brothers & sister each inherited $50 million trust funds). Francesco was cut out of the will & disinherited, because she was the result of an unwanted pregnancy by her mother, Zsa Zsa Gabor. (Zsa Zsa wanted the baby; Conrad demanded she get an abortion).

Francesca, eventually, sued her father's estate and received a paltry $50,000 settlement. It's sad when children are included in acts of marital discord, but it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:32 pm 

From the social security death index:
Catherine May Gillespie
Last Residence:97219 Portland, Multnomah, Oregon
Born:15 Jan 1936
Died:29 May 2010
State (Year) SSN issued:Washington (1954)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:33 pm 

"Wife: Sara Elizabeth Northrup (m. 10-Aug-1946, div. 12-Jun-1951, one child, bigamy) (Note 15) Wikipedia article (Note 25) Sara's surname was Hollister in 1984 (Note 34) Sara may have died 19 Dec 1997 (Note 36)"

Sarah married Miles Fenton Hollister, Jr in Santa Monica, CA Aug 15,, 1954.

III. Alexis Valerie Hubbard (b. 8-Mar-1950) in New Jersey (Note 3). Never acknowledged as an offspring in Hubbard's wills. Alexis took her step-father's surname, Hollister, and was rebuffed after attempting to contact Hubbard (Note 37). There are two mentions that Alexis got a settlement, one mentioning the date June 1986 settlement.(Note 27). Freezone.org's timetrack says Alexis didn't get a settlement (Note 35) Alexis was married and had at least two children. (Note 28) "

It appears that Alexis' name is now Connolly and she lives in Amherst, MA., wife of Edward Connolly
I surmise this from finding her on ancestry.com and postings by her on a few other genealogy websites.
It appears that Alexis has 3 children - A son and 2 daughters, and one granddaughter (maybe more grandchildren)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:39 pm 

Adding to info originally posted by Don Carlo on Hubbard descendants, and Social Security Death Index info posted by bparker230 in this thread:

Katherine May Hubbard = daughter of L. Ron Hubbard and Margaret Louise "Polly" Grubb

also known as:
Katie Gillespie
Catherine May Gillespie

Bare-faced messiah, page 228:
Quote:
“His image as a family man was a pose, since he evinced little interest in his own children. Nibs rarely managed to please his father and his sister, Catherine, then twenty-one, had started working for the organization in Washington but saw little of Hubbard. She married a Scientologist in 1956 which would have pleased her father except he did not like the man; the marriage could not survive his disapproval and she divorced in 1957.”

Quote:
From the social security death index:
Catherine May Gillespie
Last Residence:97219 Portland, Multnomah, Oregon
Born:15 Jan 1936
Died:29 May 2010
State (Year) SSN issued:Washington (1954)

Advance, Issue 5, Volume 1. Church of Scientology publication. 1969.
http://www.lermanet2.com/reference/Advance5.pdf
Quote:
"Katie Gillespie being congratulated by David Ziff, Captain AOLA, at the announcement of her graduation from the Class VIII Course. Katie, the pretty, red-headed AOLA Class VIII Graduate No. 88, is the eldest daughter of L. Ron Hubbard. Katie lives in Los Angeles with her husband Jamie and her two children."

From above: Married to a Scientologist in 1956. Divorced in 1957. By 1969, married to Jamie Gillespie. Retained last name of Gillespie until her death as Catherine May Gillespie on 29 May 2010.

Marriage to Jamie Gillespie (James perhaps?) therefore took place at some point between 1957 and 1969, most likely either in state of Washington or California. They had two children as of 1969.

Question = I'm wondering if there is any relation to Julie Gillespie Mayo, former wife of David Mayo ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 am 

Quote:
II. Katherine May Hubbard (b. 15-Jan-1936) in New York City (Note 2) Married in 1957; divorced in 1958 (Note 12) At time of Hubbard’s 1979, 1982, and 1986 wills, her surname was Gillespie. (Notes 13, 21 & 22) Written out of the first and second will but not out of the final will.

Slightly off = from book Bare-faced Messiah = Married in 1956, divorced in 1957.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:29 am 

Quote:
I. L. Ron Hubbard Jr. ( ("Nibs", "Ronald DeWolf", b. 7-May-1934) near San Diego. (Note 1) Nibs had six children (Note 8), at least one of whom was born to his wife Henrietta in London in 1955 (Note 9). Nibs kept his family out of Scientology (Note 30). Gave a lurid 1983 Penthouse interview. (Note 10) Written out of the 1979, 1982, and 1986 wills (Notes 13, 21, and 22). Died in 1991 (Note 11) in Carson City, NV (Note 11a) One of his grandchildren, through Jamie’s mother, is Jamie DeWolfe, former known as Jamie Kennedy (someone else had the Kennedy name), outspoken performer and critic. (Note 11a) Jamie’s daughter, Nadia, was born around 2000 (Note 11b). Jamie has a brother (Note 11c) None of Nib’s descendants are Scientologists (Note 11c)

Compare previous above info with June 1983 article in Penthouse magazine:

Penthouse
June 1983 (Cover Story)
Inside The Church of Scientology: An Exclusive Interview with L. Ron Hubbard, Jr.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews ... w-1983.htm
Quote:
"While Ron Jr. may never have questioned his father and the mushrooming cult of Scientology, a growing uneasiness began to take hold of him. In 1953 he married Henrietta, whom he never allowed to join the church. They were to have six children --Deborah, Leif, Esther, Eric, Harry and Alex, age twelve, who suffers from Down's Syndrome-- plus six grandchildren, none of whom were ever members of Scientology."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next