Celeb Centre 2016 "Christmas Stories XXIV" - same old faces

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Karin Pouw

Re: Celeb Centre 2015 "Christmas Stories XXIII" - same old f

Post by Karin Pouw » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:08 pm

From Tony Ortega:

Denice Duff posted this photograph of herself and Jason Dohring in a skit at the Celebrity Centre that benefited the LAPD’s Police Activities League. Nothing like getting even cozier with the local cops.

Jason Dohring, Freya Tingley, David O'Donnell, Denice Duff.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/12/06/postsc ... mcpherson/

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:05 am

Police Activities League sounds like a sham charity, too. One star from charity navigator. I wonder if it's run by a Scientologist.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... mT3CnarSUk

One star from Great Nonprofits, too:

http://greatnonprofits.org/org/californ ... ies-league
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:10 am

Name these 2015 Christmas Stories guys, left to right: ______, _______, Bodhi Elfman, Nathan Lorch, Jason Dohring, David O'Donnell. Anyone know the two guys on the left?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:27 am

Jim Meskimen, a central Christmas Stories performer, is on the far left in this 2015 photo, next to his wife Tamra Meskimen. Erica Christensen is the left-central honey-blonde in the black coat and shiny black pants. The blonde next to her might be Jennifer Aspen, wife of David O'Donnell. It might be Marisol Nichols on the right with long straight black hair, holding a blonde boy.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 am

More 2015 Christmas Stories photos.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Wow maybe we all could have been a "famous" actor in Hollywood like "Jason Dohring" if we had a rich daddy too! Some pretty famous people in Hollywood got that way because they were so friggin rich they didn't have to have a day job when they went into "acting."

Love all this data Don Carlo. What a soap opera this crowd is.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:53 pm

2015 is a lame showing of "celebs" - no Cruise, Travolta, Kelly Preston, Kirstie Alley, Jenna Elfman, Beck, Giovanni Ribisi, Michael Peña, Elisabeth Moss, Catherine Bell, Chick Corea, Grant Cardone, Juliette Lewis, the Helnweins, or Anne Archer.

Danny Masterson was listed but not his brothers Chris and Jordan, sister Alanna, and pals Patrick Renna, Ethan Supplee, Laura Prepon, nor many second generation fashion-music-and-the-arts Scientologists in Danny Masterson's circle, what he has called "The Confederacy of Dunces." Maybe Jenna Elfman was in the audience watching husband Bodhi. Maybe some celebs or their families were in the audience. But for publicity's sake, it was a lightweight cast.

Question: could the black man in the above photos be rapper Doug E. Fresh?

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:29 am

Apparently Scientology has a caste system in place for its celebrities.

Hollywood has a caste system as well but it's based on box office performance. Essentially it seem to work this way.

-Bankable
-A list
-B list
and so on down

Scientology may incorporate some of that but I suspect it would also have access and influence aspects built into it. Scientology may not be aware
of such a rating but they probably operate on one, nevertheless. If they actually rated them it would work like this.

-SC-1
-SC-2
-SC-3
and on down from there.

SC: Scientology Celebrity.

Tom Cruise is SC-1 and probably the only Scientology celebrity of that stature.
John Travolta, Kirstie Alley and so on are SC-2. Laura Prepon and Nancy Cartwright are SC-3.
The people involved in the Christmas show are likely SC-4 and lower.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:12 pm

I vaguely remember some wise guy called Kelly Preston a Scientology D-list emissary. Seriously, I'm glad when I don't see a celeb dragging their kids on stage to "Christmas Stories" so that the kid thinks Scientology will make them a star.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm old so I can point this out:
The 2015 Celebs include some well preserved middle-aged wanna-be-stars. Some think middle age starts at age thirty-five, so many are pushing into middle age (or past it):

Davod Campbell and wife Raven Kane, both age 67
Jim and Tamra Meskimen, both age 56
Denice Duff, age 50
Bodhi Elfman, age 46
David O'Donnell, age 46
Stacy Francis, age 46
Jennifer Aspen, age 42
Marisol Nichols, age 42
Danny Masterson, age 39
Amrapali Ambegaokar, age 37
Erika Christensen, age 33
Jason Dohring, age 33
Nathan Lorch, age 31
Alyssa Suede, age 30
Georgina Reilly, age 29
Juliet Simms, age 29
Freya Tingley, age 21

21 year olds like Freya can TELL someone isn't her generation, and may feel surrounded by dinosaurs. Don't perform next year, Freya! It's a trap!

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:27 am

In the past, some Scientologist d-list celebs mostly got acting jobs on Jenna Elfman's Dharma and Greg, or Jason Lee's My Name is Earl, or Kirstie Alley's shows like Veronica's Closet, or Danny Masterson's shows. In 2015 Jenna, Jason, Kirstie, and Danny weren't onstage at Christmas Stories and don't have big shows needing guest actors, ANYWAY. Erika Christensen of Parenthood, and Danny Masterson of the upcoming series The Ranch, are the only star type people who might steer work their way. So, the d-list actors came only to have slim new acting job leads. Jim Meskimen, who is ALWAYS at Christmas Stories fundraisers, can steer some of them toward voice actor work, but where's the glory and high pay?

One good thing I found out, Erika Christensen became engaged in 2014 to bicyclist Cole Mannes, who has no Internet links to Scientology.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:50 am

Hubbard wants Scientology's celebrities to be opinion leaders. I see no sign of this, although Tom Cruise and John Travolta have gained access to
at least two United States presidents and a member of the UK royal family.

Scientology has a celebrity hat. That means to me that there is a course or courses that Scientology has for celebrities for them to be Scientology
celebrities. I have never actually seen or heard of such a course but it would surprise me if something like that didn't exist. If anyone here who has
been on staff at the celebrity center or know someone who has can you confirm or deny that there is such a thing as a celebrity hatting course
in Scientology? If there is, please, tell us about it.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Actors and ex-Scientologists Jason Beghe and Leah Remini would have reported any official how-to-be-a-Scientology-celebrity course. It's likely, however, that Sea Org instructs auditors and staff on butt-kissing and "no eye contact" and "assisting" (meaning controlling) the most famous and loyal (Tom Cruise). They will however insult and punish a "troublemaker" like Leah Remini as much as they think they can get away with. Still, they must have been afraid of Leah to refund her $300,000.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:12 pm

When I was a staff member, in what I read, Hubbard mentioned a celebrity hat. Sea org staff members occasionally used the term, 'celebrity hat.'
If there isn't a course called 'the celebrity hat,' there must be courses that go together to achieve that. The celebrity center registrars would sell
them the courses but not necessarily say anything like, "this is part of your celebrity hat."

I haven't been in the sea org, thanks to a single acid trip in pre Scientology college days. (Looking back it was well worth it. Sea org recruiters cannot
handle the objection, 'I've taken LSD.' Stops them in their tracks.) There may well be a flag order (FO) that lists courses that celebrities are
to be sold to make up their celebrity hat. Course promotions in Scientology's Celebrity magazine might provide a clue as to what courses
make up that hat. When I write, 'hat' here I am using Scientology's loaded language meaning of the word.

Maybe I'll also pick up a clue as I read more of Troublemaker.
Doris Lessing

BenFranklinGirl

Post by BenFranklinGirl » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:30 pm

Other than Bodhi Elfman, I haven't heard of any of those people. And I've only heard of Bodhi Elfman because of his wife.
“In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people.” - James Madison

Return to “Opinions & Debate”