Need help with list of 458 Apollo survivors and their fate

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
I'mglib
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Need help with list of 456 Apollo survivors and their fate

Post by I'mglib » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:44 am

Shipmate said:
There is also one more thing I'd like to say about Travers which is the use of the word "psychotic". The only person who actually went psychotic that I knew was Bruce Welsh who was locked in a small dorm called Cattlemen's, and was ripping the paneling off the walls with his fingers. I do remember though, what a huge hurry the cult was in to make it's self right and the little guy wrong for opposing it.
It always amazes me how many people in these old stories go psychotic (or in the new stories, too). I have been around for a while, and in my lifetime I have known approximately one person who went psychotic (a not-very-close friend in high school, who was hospitalized). It's not something that happens that often. Yet it seems to happen routinely in the Sea Org.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

parkphilip
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by parkphilip » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:51 am

Laurie Englehart, nee Noonan was working as Estates I/C at the Sandcastle in or about 2009-10. I spoke with her directly so know. Poor girl.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:17 am

Thanks, ParkPhilip.

Don Carlo

Need help with list of 456 Apollo survivors and their fate

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Added David Mayo's death to the main list on page one of this thread.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:07 pm

So is the list sort of a first iteration of Apollo's crew? And is Apollo replaced by FreeWinds?
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 pm

No, this is just Apollo and its sister ships from the days sailing around Europe. It includes ship staff, trainers, and a few students. I started this list because I was struck by stories of "so-and-so-from-the-Apollo-days-died-age 60" and I wanted some idea of this "elite's" mortality rate as they remained in Sea Org. I also wondered how many had quit. Those who remained had status within CoS from serving or training on the Apollo, yet are trapped at Gold Base, or are aging low-level staffers.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Duhast1, Freewinds has an enormous list of asbestos-exposed survivors:
Celebrities on the Asbestos-contaminated Freewinds, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27298

The thread reports survivors 2008 and earlier. The first post is celebrities, then Sea Org and staffers, then critics, then a large list of ordinary public Scientologists, listed alphabetically by first name, in threads like
"R" First Names of Freewinds Victims of Asbestos Dust .
I found my own relative on the list.
Data source was Kristi Wachter.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Maritime asbestos is a funny thing. If installed correctly and not disturbed, it's harmless.I saw some pix of volunteer Scilons scraping up old floor tile with no safety/respiratory gear at all. Yikes.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Don Carlo

Need help with list of 457 Apollo survivors and their fate

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Added Pat Lipsitz and upped the number of survivors to 457.

Wieber

Re: Need help with list of 457 Apollo survivors and their fate

Post by Wieber » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:26 am

Don Carlo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 pm
Here’s proof that Scientology members have to be forced to watch Scientology TV, June 8, 2018, https://tonyortega.org/2018/06/08/heres ... tology-tv/
"a golden age of dissemination." So will this be the 'GAD'? Now Scientology has "the three Gs: GAT, GAK and GAD." Egad!
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Re: Need help with list of 458 Apollo survivors and their fate

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Added Geoff Levin, now a critic, to the list on page 1.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”