Louis Theroux "My Scientology Movie"

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
I'mglib

Re: Louis Theroux "My Scientology Movie"

Post by I'mglib » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:13 am

^^^Right, between "Going Clear" the movie and the book, "My Scientology Movie," Tony Ortega's book, Lawrence Wright's book, Jenna Miscavige's book, Janet Reitman's book, Mark Headley's book, Nancy Many's book, Amy Scobee's book, Marty Rathbun's book, Jeff Hawkin's book, South Park (2 episodes), countless TV specials (CNN, NBC, BBC, etc etc), Vanity Fair, and a whole bunch I left out, it would be really hard not to know to stay away from the church of Scientology right now.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:09 pm

I'mglib wrote:^^^Right, between "Going Clear" the movie and the book, "My Scientology Movie," Tony Ortega's book, Lawrence Wright's book, Jenna Miscavige's book, Janet Reitman's book, Mark Headley's book, Nancy Many's book, Amy Scobee's book, Marty Rathbun's book, Jeff Hawkin's book, South Park (2 episodes), countless TV specials (CNN, NBC, BBC, etc etc), Vanity Fair, and a whole bunch I left out, it would be really hard not to know to stay away from the church of Scientology right now.
There are still people who haven't had any of those things on their radar, even remotely. Whatever you are doing about Scientology keep doing it.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:31 pm

^^^True. Fortunately we have other things coming up, like Leah Remini's book, and the subsequent publicity around that.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:55 am

AngryGayPope wrote:How will we see this movie? Will it be distributed in theaters as those are one the wane (trust me I work in movies)? Will it be for rent someplace or shown on PBS? Now I know how the Canadians felt when "Going Clear" came out.
Quoting because I have the same question. Theatrical release in the USA? Picked up by HBO to run in its documentary slot on Monday nights?

Bueller? Bueller?

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:42 am

Louis Theroux and myself at the London Premiere "My Scientology Story."

Here's Louis talking to Hollywood Reporter
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... ses-832891

Mustang

Post by Mustang » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:01 pm

From the Hollywood Reporter interview
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... ses-832891
You revealed a few months ago that you’d heard – via your lawyers – that the Church of Scientology was planning to make a doc about you. Do you know what’s happened to it?

I’m not being glib about this, but I think they’re still working on it. They’re probably running it by their legal department to make sure it’s not defamatory about me. But I fully expect it to be released. But onto the internet let’s say, perhaps not into cinemas. But I wouldn’t be the first person they’ve done this to. I think there’s a little film they did about Gibney. They may be doing another one. They did a video about Marty Rathbun, who features in our film. Calling them documentaries is perhaps a little overgenerous. I guess that’s subjective in it’s own way; they are kind of moving images with sounds and voiceover. But they’re very short, about 10-15 minutes. For the Marty Rathbone one they were alleging that he was abusive and psychotic and interviewed people anonymously who would say that they’d been beaten up by Marty and stuff like that. I can’t imagine what they’re going to do on me. Whether they’d actually interview people who I’ve worked with and find things like, "he farted and then left the room." I hope it is that.
:)

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Nothing will inspire My Scientology Story II than a movie on Louis Theroux.

Ahhh the LULZ

Return to “Opinions & Debate”