Random questions

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
DMVG8

Random questions

Post by DMVG8 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:42 pm

I've never been involved with the COS, just like reading about stuff. Do the staff at the ORGS get to watch the super bowl? Also does David Miscavige listen to metal?

I'mglib

Re: Random questions

Post by I'mglib » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Welcome to the board, DMVGB. I don't know the answer to your questions. I always wanted to know whether DM goes out to dinner or movies or anything. What's the point of having a billion dollars if you never leave the Scientology buildings?
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Staff at orgs can probably watch the bowl if a Sci ad is scheduled. They may also be given tickets to Tom Cruise movies to boost attendance, esp. in Hwd.

DM likes Queen. Probably not a metal fan.

At this point I think DM's only joy is opening a new building and being the center of attention promoting "good tech to save the world." He doesn't even need the new buildings but he is paying for them now himself, maybe because he is so addicted to opening ceremonies. Let's face it they are probably the only joy in his all powerful but troubled life.

He can't really leave Sci buildings, Glib, he would be served papers!

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Sea org staff members probably don't get to watch television at all. If there is a Scientology ad on the Superbowl it is usually a local market.
If there was such an ad in Los Angeles there might be a special screening where staff members who have up statistics will be required to attend
but they won't have any control over the television.

Lower org staff members who have time off during the broadcast or who record it may watch the Superbowl. Staff members in lower orgs are mostly
not sea org members. They provide their own lodging and food. Scientology has less control over them than it does over sea org staff members
in sea org orgs.

The impression I get of David Miscavige is that he has become ultra paranoid. If you will, his paranoia statistic is the only one that actually is
straight up and vertical. I think he could probably go out and about with relative impunity but I think he doesn't go out at all now, except for opening
ideal orgs under conditions of extreme security.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:23 pm

At a restaurant, a critic might spot Miscavige and alert one of the lawyer-heroes fighting cases against Narconon or CoS. The lawyer might contact a subpoena server and before the waiter serves dessert, bam! Miscavige gets a subpoena.

DMVG8

Post by DMVG8 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Ok here's a couple more. What if a sea org member got caught taking bong rips? Also why are there so many e meters on eBay?

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:52 am

What if a sea org member got caught taking bong rips?
where would he get the bong, or the yesca?

Mustang

Post by Mustang » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:12 pm

I remember Karen mentioning somewhere that Miscavige's favorite movie line comes from "Full Metal Jacket" (1987)

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman:
Where in the hell are you from anyway, private?

Private:
Sir, Texas, sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman:
Holy dog shit, Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, private Cowboy! And you don't much look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down!

I remember people at school thinking that was very funny, but they were about 12 or 13 and they weren't the great religious leaders of fastest-growing religions like David Miscavige.

Also remember some evil SP who used to work in an office near (occasionally at least) to DM saying that on one occasion they all stopped work for the day and went to the movies at DM's instigation.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:55 pm

Doing bong rips or any other drug other than tobacco or alcohol is a major no no in Scientology. Smoke tobacco all you want. L. Ron Hubbard
encouraged that. Drink alcohol any time you don't have to be sessionable within the next twenty-four hours, and as always, have your stats
up and you'll be fine. By fine, I mean you might be subject to rice and beans, a longer than usual work day as sleep deprivation is a way of
life and death in Scientology, getting yelled (screamed) at and receiving a weekly stipend of $0 to $40 for your 84 to 120+ hour work week.
Get caught ripping a bong and the responses vary. Punishments could include being offloaded (routed out with a freeloader debt), being
declared a suppressive person and either routed out or imprisoned, assigned to the rehabilitation project force (RPF) or the rehabilitation
project force's rehabilitation project force (RPF's RPF), extensive interrogation (sec checking), being thrown overboard (if on the Freewinds)
or into a pool of dirty water, beaten by David Miscavige or his representative, something else nasty or assorted combinations
of the above. In addition to that there will be lower conditions and amends to do. A sea org staff member who wants to stay and regain
their good standing will most likely have to go through confusion, treason, enemy, doubt and liability multiple times.

We could do a survey of people on this board who have been in Scientology and you will find that most of us have done those lower conditions
at least once and most likely more than four or five times.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:09 pm

As to why so many emeters on e-bay, that's actually a good sign. Everyone in Scientology is supposed to have two of them. I never did but I joined
staff right off the basic course and unless you arrive on staff with the the technical training already completed you get admin training only, so you
don't need an e-meter until you get to the solo level on the auditing side of the grade chart. For a staff member who hasn't got much money getting
to the solo level is highly unlikely.

Count the e-meters on e-bay and divide by two. That represents a number of former Scientologists who have left Scientology for good and who are done
with it and want to recover some of the money they have spent. E-meters purchased from Scientology are in the $4,000 to $5,000 range and that could
be higher as I have been out of the loop on that for some time. People involved in Scientology with the Scientology organization must purchase their
e-meters new exclusively from Scientology. Their ownership is registered to the serial numbers of their e-meters and they may not use any other
e-meters. Other rules apply but I'm not going into that here because they may have changed over the last few years.
Doris Lessing

DMVG8

Post by DMVG8 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:50 am

Thanks so much for your answers! It's kinda strange to me that so many ex scientologists are so smart, well spoken and down to earth. Marc Headley sounds like a really cool dude.

DMVG8

Post by DMVG8 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:02 am

I'm buying an e meter just to mess around with it. I'm gonna try being audited while getting a hand job.

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:39 pm

I don't understand getting beat up by DM. I have no doubt I could break that little twerps neck with a punch to the mouth. I would have to be on my knees to give him an uppercut.

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:39 pm

I don't understand getting beat up by DM. I have no doubt I could break that little twerps neck with a punch to the mouth. I would have to be on my knees to give him an uppercut.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Once a recruit internalizes the idea that Scientology is IT, meaning that its technology works and that it is the ONLY organization on the planet that
can raise individuals to become ultra capable and that it is the ONLY organization on the planet that can and will make the world a better place,
they will then tolerate a lot of duress, hardship and punishment that they would not have tolerated before. From reading Steven Hassan's
Combating Cult Mind Control, the moonies do the same thing. I suspect ISIS and Al Qaeda do it, too, though the methods may vary
from cult to cult.

In addition to that David Miscavige always has body guards with him. If a staff member resists or tries to fight back they intervene. My
reference for that is Marc Headley's Blown For Good.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Opinions & Debate”