Random questions

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
sunmeltingsnow

Re: Random questions

Post by sunmeltingsnow » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:39 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:Staff at orgs can probably watch the bowl if a Sci ad is scheduled
So, my info out of date but I can confirm this somewhat. At least in the early 90's. I was at Flag the year Tampa hosted a Super Bowl. There were a couple of people affiliated with us or the lower orgs that were volunteers in the halftime show. If I remember correctly it was broadcast for us. I don't think the whole Super Bowl was, at least not for everybody, but we could come cheer on the people.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:20 am

Thanks for the input, Sunmeltingsnow. It kind of makes sense that since the church spends so much money on Superbowl ads, that they would want members to see what the money was spent on.

Also, welcome to the board. Next year is the 20 year anniversary of Operation Clambake (xenu.net). This board has quite a history, and has been at the forefront of providing the public with information about the abuses of Scientology.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

sunmeltingsnow

Post by sunmeltingsnow » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:32 am

Thank you for the welcome. I was just thinking that I wished I had a way to go back 20+ years and show my younger self information about the SO and Scientology that I really had no idea about. But, of course, the WWW didn't exist as we know it. Just the browsing I did today shows me how much the site is helping other people. Congratulations on 20 years of good work.

DMVG8

Post by DMVG8 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:45 pm

I'm reading bare faced messiah right now, and I'm surprised to see Ol L Ron spent a ton of time in Montgomery county Maryland!!! Where I'm from. I wonder where in silver spring he lived????? Crazy

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:44 pm

The sea org had a project going where they were buying all the places L. Ron Hubbard had lived and restoring them to the way they were when he lived
there. If you search him on line with the name of a place where he lived you may get a Scientology site with the address.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

DMVG8

Post by DMVG8 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:16 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:Staff at orgs can probably watch the bowl if a Sci ad is scheduled. They may also be given tickets to Tom Cruise movies to boost attendance, esp. in Hwd.

DM likes Queen. Probably not a metal fan.

At this point I think DM's only joy is opening a new building and being the center of attention promoting "good tech to save the world." He doesn't even need the new buildings but he is paying for them now himself, maybe because he is so addicted to opening ceremonies. Let's face it they are probably the only joy in his all powerful but troubled life.

He can't really leave Sci buildings, Glib, he would be served papers!
Yo Angry Gay Pope, when are you gonna visit DC?? There is a COS building right by DuPont circle you would love it.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”