Are All LRH Photos Authentic?

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Demented Founder

Are All LRH Photos Authentic?

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Starting from late 1040s and upwards Hubbard appears on the photos as a usual fat self. But on some photos taken in 1920s and 1930s young Hubbard looks like a lean man, while on the others he is an obese person. Perhaps, CoS have very small number of photos covering that period of Hubbard's life, so they added images of people other than the Founder to the "historic collection" of his "achievements".
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Don Carlo

Re: Are All LRH Photos Authentic?

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Photoshopping LRH was common, especially around the neck. Some photos have an acne-pit type scar, and others erase it. It is easy to trim the waist, cover gray hair with fake-orange color, and add hair to a receding hairline. It's true there is a shortage of photos before fame, and after going into seclusion.

DMVG8

Post by DMVG8 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:39 pm

Im picturing the 1980s L Ron to look like the emperor in return of the Jedi

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Scientology put out a book that they may have since stopped publishing or seriously altered. It's called Images of a Lifetime. It is full
of photographs of L. Ron Hubbard. If you can get your hands on a first edition of it you will have a treasure trove of Ron pictures. I got to
look through it one time. Since leaving Scientology and learning more about its secrets I think there are many photographs in that book that
Scientology would want critics not to access.

Right now you can get it from Amazon for less than $20.
http://www.amazon.com/L-Ron-Hubbard-Pho ... 1573180289
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:42 pm

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm sure that CoS would love to use Photoshop to make Hubbard look elegant. But they have a huge problem with that -- majority of the LRH photos were released prior to the advent of Photoshop. It would be weird to see same pictures with fat and skinny Founder.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"

Entheta You

Post by Entheta You » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:37 pm

google image search "L. Ron Hubbard"
google image search "Alfred Hitchcock presents"

looks like the same web page.

notice how often L. Ron looks like he's doing a bad job of dressing up as something he is not.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Yes, Scientology uses photo editing and it's most likely Photoshop.

“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Demented Founder wrote:I'm sure that CoS would love to use Photoshop to make Hubbard look elegant. But they have a huge problem with that -- majority of the LRH photos were released prior to the advent of Photoshop. It would be weird to see same pictures with fat and skinny Founder.
People would use airbrushing to achieve some of the same effects as Photoshop.

Karen de la Carriere has an amazing collection of LRH photos on slides that she took herself. Photos of him doing everything: officiating at weddings, walking around, birthday parties, directing films, etc.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Wieber wrote:Yes, Scientology uses photo editing and it's most likely Photoshop.

Wieber, this is hilarious!
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Some browsers are more favorable to the LRH images than others. Take a family photo of Hubbard with his children, for instance. Both my laptop and my work computer display the picture of LRH looking like a fat pig, while his children look like normal human beings. But my PC displays the same photo with a normal-looking LRH.

Return to “Opinions & Debate”