Leah Remini 'Troublemaker' book about Hollywood,Scientology

A place to post and debate the Church of Scientology.
Marcab

Re: Leah Remini 'Troublemaker' book about Hollywood, Sciento

Post by Marcab » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Last edited by Marcab on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:28 pm

These shows don't care if Tom Cruise boycotts them anymore! I bet these mostly celebrity-coddling sites have weighed:
Huge-news Remini, with ever-more celeb dirt about Scientologists,
versus
two awkward future interviews with Tom Cruise for Jack Reacher II and for Mission Impossible 6.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:03 am

What a great Guy Fawkes Day present this book made ... for me!

I have not read it yet but, interestingly, the photos show no Sci bigwigs. Just her family and co-workers. I wonder if the lawyers said "no" to showing Scis.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:23 am

Karen#1 wrote:Nothing like Amazon Speed.
Delivered to our door within hours of release.
Jeffrey and I had fun and an amazing good time last night.
These 2 Top selling authors dominating Amazon best seller list Tony Ortega's "The Unbreakable Miss Lovely" and Leah Remini's "Troublemaker" ~~~ We are posing with their books. :D :D :D :D :D

Kudos!
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:33 am

I'mglib wrote:
Wieber wrote:Hey, someone out there in TV land, set up an interview with Leah Remini in which the person or people asking the questions are also former
members of Scientology. Subtitles may be necessary. The questions will be remarkably different than what the usual talking heads come up with.

That may sound a bit like a complaint so let me add this. I am so very pleased to see the media attention that Leah Remini is getting.

By the way. I received notice that Troublemaker has shipped. Yay!
Your wish come true--Paul Haggis interviews Leah Remini.

http://www.eonline.com/news/713154/leah ... ed-to-know
1. No Namaste Allowed: Interestingly enough, when it came to physical and mental fitness, Remini revealed that she wasn't allowed to practice yoga, because "it would mix the practices of the religion.
2. Aching Heart: It's no secret that those who leave the church are then cutting ties with people who are still connected to Scientology. When asked who they each miss most, the conversation became emotional.
Haggis said he misses his business manager Kevin Burke, and shared that Burke told Haggis to fire him if he ever left the church because he didn't want to have to go against him.
An emotional Remini told the audience that she is "going to have godchildren and family I won't ever see." The actress didn't specify who she was talking about, but added that the relationships are heartbreaking, and said that it hurt her more that they didn't have the integrity to stand by her.

3. No Regrets: Despite all of the hardships faced for deciding to leave Scientology, Remini can't say she regrets anything or having the experience. She told the crowd this was a path for her to stick up for daughter and to help other people, and this helped her feel like the fighter in her was validated.
4. Secret Revealed?: During Q&A with fans, Haggis and Remini were asked about a secret jail. Haggis explained that he personally knows there is one called the RPF (Rehabilitation Project Force), which caused Remini to laugh. However, Haggis added that he's heard rumors of there being worse jails, too.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hurch.html
Leah Remini reveals there are several MAJOR Hollywood stars who have quit Scientology but are too afraid to speak out as she gives an emotional talk about leaving the Church
Former Scientologist Paul Haggis interviewed Leah Remini to promote her new book Troublemaker on Wednesday night in New York City
The two both spoke about what drew them to Scientology and why they decided to leave the Church
Haggis revealed that when he left Remini was the only person who did not disconnect with him even though they were not close
Remini held back tears as she said she would miss seeing her godchildren grow up when asked the hardest part about leaving the Church
The two also acknowledged that there were major Hollywood stars who had joined and left the Church but were afraid to go public
Haggis said this was not only because of the Church, but also the public stigma of being a Scientologist
That's pretty good. I still want to see a more in depth interview by former members but now I want to see an interview like that with Paul
Haggis, too. It probably wouldn't happen to my satisfaction. I think television is way too fluffy for that kind of thing now. Interpret, 'fluffy,'
however you want.
Doris Lessing

Marcab

Post by Marcab » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:31 pm

Leah on "The Rachel Ray Show:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPcQI5VXvY
Last edited by Marcab on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Leah's book and Katie Holmes' apology to Leah create Tom Cruise cover story at InTouch mag:
Katie's Revenge on Tom,

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:19 am

Don Carlo wrote:Leah's book and Katie Holmes' apology to Leah create Tom Cruise cover story at InTouch mag:
Katie's Revenge on Tom,
Alright, as interesting and titillating as that cover looks to me (I want to read it) I think the information revealed inside the magazine
may not be completely accurate and reliable. I think we, as critics, need to be critical of these kinds of articles as much as we are
critical of Scientology. If this article is inaccurate, unreliable or even partially untrue, it will afford Scientology with something they
can use as an example to counter critical or negative things about the organization that are accurate, reliable and true.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Right. Gossip rags always hype up their cover story. But Katie's apology WAS "speaking out" though it was carefully worded not to violate whatever Katie signed in the divorce.

CoS members have to buy groceries, and these rags are at eye level at the checkout counter, plus in dentist offices, barber/beauty shops, etc.

Even Star Magazines' wrong reporting of Tom Cruise quitting spreads fear uncertainty and doubt among some CoS members

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:45 pm

I agree the tabloids are often incorrect. Plus, everything has to have a celebrity angle or they ignore it.

Jenna Miscavige addresses this in her blog post about Leah Remini's book, which Jenna loved:

http://www.waywarddaisy.com/2015/11/tro ... r.html?m=1

Excerpt:
Yes, I do realize that celebrity is the vehicle by which people become aware of the human rights violations ongoing in Scientology. But its still hard to hear about Tom Cruise's wife auditions yet again because although the (auditions) story is horrific, it still pales in comparison to the stories about abandoned children, sexually abused, deprived of an education and family and physically beaten and who are still struggling every day with the aftermath of this. I know many such victims who have given interviews, done book proposals and even gone to court only to be denied, cut out of the show or let down because it wasn't salacious enough. I myself experienced this for years before my book was finally picked up.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:48 am

I'mglib wrote:I agree the tabloids are often incorrect. Plus, everything has to have a celebrity angle or they ignore it.

Jenna Miscavige addresses this in her blog post about Leah Remini's book, which Jenna loved:

http://www.waywarddaisy.com/2015/11/tro ... r.html?m=1

Excerpt:
Yes, I do realize that celebrity is the vehicle by which people become aware of the human rights violations ongoing in Scientology. But its still hard to hear about Tom Cruise's wife auditions yet again because although the (auditions) story is horrific, it still pales in comparison to the stories about abandoned children, sexually abused, deprived of an education and family and physically beaten and who are still struggling every day with the aftermath of this. I know many such victims who have given interviews, done book proposals and even gone to court only to be denied, cut out of the show or let down because it wasn't salacious enough. I myself experienced this for years before my book was finally picked up.
Maybe Paul Haggis could be persuaded to adapt Jenna's book into a movie with, say, Chloe Moretz playing Jenna. It's not likely to happen
but I can ask.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:58 am

Leah Remini's Troublemaker is listed on WorldCat.org and I have added it to my book list on Scientology.
https://www.worldcat.org/profiles/Wieber/lists/1768991
That list now has sixty-five titles of books on Scientology that have not been issued by Scientology. Some of them may not be critical.
You will most likely find Leah's book on the fifth page of that list.

There are two conditions that must be met in order for me to add it to the list. I must know of the existence of the book. The book must
be in a library that is a member of WorldCat.org and listed in the book catalog shared with WorldCat.org so that I can find it on that web site.

Then, of course, I need to search for the book. There are five or six titles I have searched many times that I have not yet found listed on
WorldCat.org. After a while of this I tend to stop looking. If you check my list and notice a title missing from it that should be on it, please,
inform me about it.
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Tom Cruise is ‘freaking out’ over Leah Remini’s Scientology tell-all: ‘She’s evil in his mind’ , by Sneha Shankar, Int'l Business Times, posted at rawstory, Nov. 12, 2015, http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/tom-cru ... -his-mind/

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:28 pm

Consider this. Secrets and confidential materials are withholds.
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:25 am

I'm listening to the audio book which Leah Remini reads, as Jenna Miscavige suggested. It's really really good. I agree with everyone who says that even if you think you've read and heard everything about the church and that it will just be the same thing--think again. There are a lot of new things, and new viewpoint that Leah brings to the topic. Even the excerpts that have been discussed on the talk shows are much more interesting in the book.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Opinions & Debate”